Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about character items/gear and companies

I'm fairly new here, and perhaps I've overlooked a FAQ or something about this--If so, I apologize. But I'm not quite clear on some of the protocols concerning the Factory boards and their respective forums.

Does a technology thread need to be created/approved for all items/gear (weapons, armor, etc.), even if said gear is already in existence, as opposed to slated for crafting?

I ask because my concept for Saevio, and part of an story arc for him, includes an heirloom sword passed down through the family that he has recently inherited. As well, he has in his possession a set of ceremonial battle armor that while he does not always wear, he would have access to. Beyond that he also carries a zhaboka, and has a pet (of sorts) Reek. All of these things were basically written into the character concept and backstory, but I'm not sure if I need to create appropriate technology threads for approval or not.

My other question concerns companies--is this for larger corporations specifically, or any kind of owned/operated businesses of varying size and scope?

I ask because Saevio operates a local forge as a bladesmith, making hand-crafted made-to-order melee weapons, as opposed to maintaining much of inventory and dealing in a large scale. So, it's not so much a company, so to speak, at least for the moment. But that could just be me getting caught in semantics.

I just want to make sure I'm following all of the proper rules and guidelines so that there's no confusion down the road. Thanks in advance for any clarification you may offer.

[member="Saevio"]

Typically, you would need to submit a Factory submission for times that are uniquely constructed for your character, like that heirloom gear. For things that are commonly mass produced, you don't, like a standard vest and pants. The whole point is that the submission allows others to see in detail what is it you're equipped with, and for the Judges to make sure that your item isn't overpowered.

Regarding companies, your local black smithing business would probably not need an entry. This is usually for those companies that are producing goods for other PCs or mass use. If it's just a piece of fluff for your character's background, you wouldn't need a sub.

I hope this helps!

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
Saevio said:
Does a technology thread need to be created/approved for all items/gear (weapons, armor, etc.), even if said gear is already in existence, as opposed to slated for crafting?
No if it has a sub already or is canon (with some rare exceptions) or restricted (expeditionary suits, stealth fields,) banned (superweapons, celestial, rakatan tech it is allowed.

Saevio said:
an heirloom sword passed down through the family that he has recently inherited. As well, he has in his possession a set of ceremonial battle armor that while he does not always wear, he would have access to. Beyond that he also carries a zhaboka, and has a pet (of sorts) Reek.
Does the sword do anything more then be ceremonial? Is it some ancient sith blade? If it is then most likely they would ask for a tech sub, same with the armor.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

Thanks for the reply, that clears some things up. So I should get a tech thread up for the sword and the armor at least. Regarding the bladesmithing, I do hope to be able to have some RP with other PCs involving this at some point, but until I find any interest ICly it just serves as background.

When in doubt, make a post. If their largely ceremonial and don't have special qualities, such as lightsaber resistance, they will likely be approved without question.

As for the company, feel free to interact with other PCs. However, if you're planning to start an IC business, I'd look into a submission as well.

[member="Saevio"]

[member="Basaba Willamina"]

It is intended to be a very old sword, dating back at least to the time that the Brotherhood of Darkness maintained a presence on Iridonia, and it is intended to have been constructed by the first extensively trained Sith of Saevio's family lineage. So, it is intended to be a bit more than just a sword. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom