Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech QQ-1C3/54V-4N Mark I Perpetual Fuel Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
district_9_energy_cell_2_by_j0sh_3000-d5aqx25.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: A low-yield permanent fuel cell for beacons, relays, and other remote long-term survey/exploration technology
Development Thread: Thaissen crystal mining initiative, thaissen crystals obtained by a longtime Silk contractor
Manufacturer: Silk Holdings
Model: QQ-1C3/54V-4N Mark I Perpetual Fuel Cell
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: No; available in a variety of sizes, all smallish
Production: Minor
Material: Thaissen crystal, photoreactive cells, random pieces of Force-attuned objects, plasteel shell
Description: The Mark I Perpetual Fuel Cell is a very straightforward item. It is composed of two small chambers. One contains a piece of something -- anything -- with Force significance. The other, lined with photoreactive cells (miniature solar panels), contains a thaissen crystal from Circarpous Five, which glows gently in proximity to the Force. This fuel cell provides a steady, probably eternal, but low-level power output, roughly 45% of the power output of standard fuel cells of comparable size, which are already unimpressive. Mark I Perpetual Fuel Cells can, in banks, power simple subcapital starships; they are used more for long-term beacons, emergency comlinks, and other technologies where autonomy and constant power supply are more important than output magnitude. They are available in a variety of sizes, and are somewhat pricey, more for the cost of the thaissen crystal than for the cost of the basic photoreactive technology or the cost of what could easily be, say, a chunk of rock from the Citadel on Dromund Kaas, or a piece of wood from a tree on Dagobah, or half a lightsabre from some Sith mook.

The fuel cell does not function in ysalamir fields or when otherwise Force-dampened. Greater power output can be attained by switching out the contents of the artifact chamber for an item or, indeed, Force technique of greater import. It is entirely possible for a Forcer to meditate on the Mark I Perpetual Fuel Cell in order to achieve greater power output, or for nearby Force use to increase the cell's output, though the cell's output is subject to the limitations of the solar technology. (Maximum output: twice that of a standard fuel cell, achievable with the full attention of a Master or the presence of a top-tier Force artifact/disturbance.) Entertainingly enough, virtually all efforts to interfere with the cell via the Force only make the crystal glow brighter, increasing output.

Silk does not recommend use of the QQ-1C3/54V-4N Mark I in the Myrkr system.

Primary Source: None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom