Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pxy-5 combat Mech

alexandr-panin-frontside-preview.jpg

alexandr-panin-backside1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: to create a combat mech for Waspkiller squad.
Image Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YKBKq
Canon Link: na
Restricted Missions: if needed
Primary Source: na
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Pixie tech
Model: Pxy-5
Affiliation: Galactic alliance
Modularity: no weapons are hand held only changes are cosmetic
Production: Limited
Material: Alusteel. Nightshadow, droid components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification:: scout / combat mech
Role: Combat troop enhancement
Size: 1 meters tall
Weight: 50 kg
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Propulsion: Bipedal
Speed: Average
Maneuverability: Average
Armaments: low 1 DC-19
Defenses: low. uses scanner proofing and Nightshadow to avoid direct combat
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: 0
SPECIAL FEATURES
the PXY-5 uses a Crate-o-matic as a means of automatic camouflage
the night shadow to remain undetected and scanner hidden popping out to ambush opponents.
the suit itself is not properly combat approved.
Night shadow is a scanner resistant paint making the mech hard to detect by scanners.

Strengths:
extremely small size
boosts the strength of the user allowing them to use standard tech and weapons,
Nightshadow make the Mech scanner proof

Weaknesses:
low weapons and defenses
weak to Ion & EMP weapons
no weather or atmospheric sealing.
DESCRIPTION
Made as a means of making the tiny As-Aki and Loli-Li larger. the Pxy-5 or as it became nicknamed Shell-suit.
the Pxy-5 uses a droid brain to copy users movements.
as such the Pxy-5 makes it's use equal in strength to a Ewok and gives them a size equal to them.
this allows the tiny beings to use standard weapons.
the units use scanner resistant paints to aid in ambushes as the unit is too small to fully engage in direct combat as such it uses a Crate-o-Matic to hide and emerge to ambush opponents.
the user manipulated the legs like a pare of stilts although the walking has been describes as a " full diaper " run.
the arms are controlled by a " neutered " droid brain that mimics the movement of the users arm mimicking the movements of the arms in smaller coverings.

Firstly, I'd like you to actually make clear what this is, as it is unclear. Is it a walker, a mech or a combat droid? They're all very different things, but from what is being described I can say it is a mech. If it is not intended to be so, then you'll need to make adjustments to the description clearly stating exactly what it is.

[member="Gna Grimwasp"]

Next, I see you've included Nightshadow in the materials. I'd like you to add this too the special features, explaining it aswell as adding it into advantages. I'd also like the Shadowcloak included in there aswell.

[member="Gna Grimwasp"]

You have not edited what I have asked you to:

Venthis Zambrano said:
Next, I see you've included Nightshadow in the materials. I'd like you to add this too the special features, explaining it aswell as adding it into advantages. I'd also like the Shadowcloak included in there
[member="Gna Grimwasp"]

[member="Venthis Zambrano"]

There are no powerloaders in Star Wars Canon.

Let's discuss the differences and determine what is a Mecha, walker

Key Characteristics:

• While the distinction is often hazy, mecha typically does not refer to form-fitting powered armor such as Iron Man's suit. They are usually much larger than the wearer, like Iron Man's enemy the Iron Monger, and possess a cockpit from which they are operated.
  • Generally either bipedal or quadrupedal in configuration, are controlled by human pilots and can thus be classified as mecha.
  • A mecha has a singular pilot. The actions of said pilot transferred directly to the actions of the mecha. By all accounts, it was an extension of the pilot itself.
  • Typically, Mecha contain an artificial skeleton and musculature, combined with a powerful gyroscope provide stability for the mech.
  • Some mechas, the entire system is controlled by a pilot wearing a neurohelmet that effectively links the 'Mech's central computer to the pilot's sense of balance and nervous system.

Now for Star Wars Definition of a Walker

A walker was any vehicle, usually military, that used legs as its primary method of locomotion rather than the more common repulsors, wheels, or treads. The term could also refer to especially large droids with legs (usually combat droids), though such droids were usually referred to using more specific terminology (such as "spider droid"). The All Terrain series contained some of the most well known examples of walkers. The designs for walkers utilized by the Galactic Empire were directly inspired by the successful use of animal cavalry from ancient civilizations

Some smaller walkers are as follows:

Clone Personal Walker :The Clone Personal Walker was a bipedal walker used by clone troopers in the Clone Wars.It could carry only one clone trooper with equipment and rations. It carried 1 twin laser canon and crewed 1 pilot, fulfilling the roll of heavy calvary and self propelled artillery.

ATPT: AT-PTs were made to take single troopers into intense combat situations on their own, with the firepower of a squad. They stood only three meters tall, and were driven by AT-PT pilots.The walkers were capable of reaching speeds up to 60 kilometers per hour and could climb a 45-degree angle, with hydraulic adjusters keeping the unit balanced. The vehicles carried a long-range comm antenna for patrols. The main drive unit provided power and hydraulic pressure for the two legs, and featured cooling vents. The cockpit entry hatch was on the side, while the emergency flare launcher was just above the viewport.

What we can surmise is that while a mecha is by all accounts, an extension of the Pilot's physical body, a walker is just a vehicle that is only that, a mounted vehicle that can transport from point a and b upon a bipedal ( or more legs) means.

Upon review of your submission, here is the area that suggests that your submission is more of a "mecha" than a "walker."

Gna Grimwasp said:
Intent: to create a combat mech for Waspkiller squad.
Your intent clearly states you want a Combat mech. That is distinctly different from Alien's "power loader" which is used to load cargo from one area to the next.

Gna Grimwasp said:
the Pxy-5 uses a droid brain to copy users movements. as such the Pxy-5 makes it's use equal in strength to a Ewok and gives them a size equal to them.
Your descriptor states that it uses a droid brain to copy the users movements, again, much like a mecha

Gna Grimwasp said:
boosts the strength of the user allowing them to use standard tech and weapons,
Also states that this "mech" boosts the strength of the user allowing them to use tech and weapons.

By all accounts, this isn't a Power loader. This is a Mech, which goes against the current rules on banned concepts in the Factory.

If you want to make this more of a scouting "walker" I would recommend you consider the designs of -- the Clone Personal Walker or the ATPT.

If you want to go that route, I can move this to Pre Factory for you to make your edits. Otherwise, if it stays in the current design, this will be denied as a mech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom