Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Release Statement [Open]

Chazwa
Public Release Statement

Jedi Knight Ella Nova stood on a podium, that had been built outside the Galactic Senate chambers on Chazwa. Following the annexation of the Roche system by the Mandalorians, much speculation revolved around the events that transpired during the between between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorian Clans, surrounding the former Supreme Commander of the Republic Armed Forces, [member="Ali Hadrix"] and the late Jedi Master, @Aeralyn Rekali, who was tragically killed during the Roche Incident.

With speculation rife surrounding Hadrix and political tensions rising between both sides, a conference had been called, to spread some light regarding the trial and prosecution of Hadrix. Folding both of her arms onto the podium, Ella leaned forward to speak into her intercom, with what she had to say next broadcasted to the public.

"Hello. My name is Ella Nova and I am a Jedi Knight. I stand before you all today with information regarding the former Supreme Commander of the Republic Armed Forces, Ali Hadrix. I have been investigating the events that transpired in the Roche system, in regards to the allegations made against Hadrix."

"Before I continue, I would like to take this moment to say something in regards to the death of Jedi Master Aeralyn Rekali, who was tragically killed during the Roche Incident. May the Force be with you, Master Rekali. Whilst I never personally met Master Rekali whilst she was alive, I know that I speak for all Jedi and those closest to her, when I wish that she rests in peace."

Ella allowed a thirty second pause, before continuing her statement. "Whilst I never personally knew Master Rekali, I know that as a Jedi, that she never would have wanted her death to be the instigator to war. That as a Jedi, Master Rekali would have wanted peace to ensue between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorian Clans. War must be avoided at all costs. The Galaxy has suffered enough and as a Jedi, I know that Master Rekali would have worked towards keeping the peace between the Galactic Republic and Mandalorian people."

"The Galactic Republic has worked tirelessly since Genevieve Lasedri's attempt to usurp the very ideals and principles that the Republic stands for. The Republic denounces everything that Lasedri tried to do. We do not condone, nor support, the actions of a public official violating the very constitution and essence that the Republic stands for. Every corporation, world and person has a right to democracy, liberty, freedom and above all the truth, all of which Prime Minister Lasedri attempted to destroy during her coup d'etat."

"Since Lasedri's failed attempt to takeover the Republic, the Galactic Senate has convened and voted [member="Jack Sparrow"] as the new Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. This is one of two new appointments that the Republic has made, as we attempt to repair the damage that Lasedri caused, which ultimately led to the Roche Incident and the unfortunate death of Master Rekali."

"Senator [member="Khyros Sunblade"], representative of the Arkania system, has been appointed as Minister of Justice. Justice Sunblade will be facilitating the trial of Ali Hadrix, at a neutral location, so that the truth can be learned as to why and how Master Rekali, as well as the other victims claimed by the Roche Incident, were killed. I would also like to take this moment to pay respect to the families of the other deceased, who also lost their lives during the fighting. Rest assured, that justice will be given to your lost ones."

"Whilst justice will be dispensed to those responsible for the loss of life, I must reiterate that anyone accused of a crime must be considered innocent until proven guilty and this applies to Ali Hadrix, who will be brought forward for trial when the date has been agreed. Hadrix has been taken into custody and will be brought forward to trial, to answer the accusations made against her."

"I have been investigating the events at Roche, so as to learn the truth in regards to what happened, why it happened and who was responsible. As my investigation delves deeper into the events that led up to the Roche Incident and the incidences that occurred, I will be forwarding evidence to the trial, to showcase what I have learned and discovered about the death of Master Rekali and the civilians who lost their lives."

"As a Jedi, I must reiterate that we cannot allow the actions of one individual reflect and dictate what we all do next. Genevieve Lasedri violated the trust put in her by the people and as a consequence, a battle has ensued, resulting in the loss of lives. We cannot and mustn't allow this individual to plunge the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorian people into a state of all out war. We must allow the trial of Ali Hadrix to determine whether or not she was guilt of the accusations made against her and we must chase for peace, for the Galaxy has suffered enough wars."

"Please, do not allow the actions of one individual reflect the actions of an entire civilization. What Lasedri did was not anything the Republic stands for and it is tragic that the actions of this individual led to the battle, that claimed the lives of Master Rekali and the civilians caught in the crossfire."

"May the Force be with us all."

Stepping away from the podium, Ella retreated into the senate chambers, away from the press, cameras and scrutiny of the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom