Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech PTS speeder models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoverbike_3D_WIP_by_ZackF.jpg

Thanks to ZackF from deviantART
Intent: To create a speeder for the use of the Citizens and military of the Fel Imperium.
Development Thread: No.
Manufacturer: Kelliak Arms and Armor
Model: PTS-1, PTS-2
Affiliation: Fel Imperium.
Modularity: Minor.
Production: Mass produced
Material: Durasteel, Aluminium, Transparasteel, (PTS-1 Carbon fiber)
Description:
The speeder is made in two different versions. But with the same makeup. Version 1 named PTS-1 (Personal transport speeder one) is made for the civilians and recreational use. Being limited with a smaller engine to prohibit the use of speeder races. It also allows for a secondary seat behind the Pilot/driver. Instead of real armor it is replaced with a carbon fiber exterior for less weight and to limit the use of armored vehicles the public can use.

The PTS-2 is the Military variant of the speeder, used as a personal transport, scout work, or just charging into a battle for a moment, it has armor instead of carbon fiber panels that protect the driver from blaster and slugthrower fire. On the sides of the military variant are twin light repeater blasters that are simply used for defensive tactics, though they can be employed as cover fire. Also having a larger engine than the PTS-1.

Being a more frontal armored vehicle, the pilot is exposed more at the sides and the back. The stablisers on the back of the speeder, if they were to be damaged in some way, would cause the speeder to flip out and crash, if going at high enough speeds.
Role: Persional transport, Scout speeder.
Height: 1.7 meters
Length: 4.6 meters
Width: 1.2 meters (widest point)
Weight: 270kgs.
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1 pilot, and one possible passenger with the added seat.
Propulsion: Repulsorlift
Top Speed: PTS-1: 250 Km/h, PTS-2: 350 Km/h
Armaments: PTS-1: none, PTS-2: Two light repeaters.
Passenger Capacity: 1
Cargo Capacity: 45 Kgs
Misc. Equipment: Compartment hidden under the seat to store small items in the demetions of 1 meter long by 30 cms wide and 45 cms tall.

That's a huge engine on the front. Not to mention whatever armor you plate the front of it with. Kick the weight of the military variant up to 270kg.

With the added weight of a larger engine and armor plating, as well as weapon systems... I would think that the civilian model would be the faster of the two.

I could let the civilian bike get away with 248mph, but not an armored military vehicle. At that point you just made an armored missile with a prow.

Make the civilian model the faster of the two. 400km/h would be doable in a civilian bike. And But the armored variant needs to be much slower. Around the 250km/h mark.

War Hydra said:
With the added weight of a larger engine and armor plating, as well as weapon systems... I would think that the civilian model would be the faster of the two.
With the porpotions that I have put for the physical size of the bike it would be like putting a V8 into a motorcycle so I would like to say that this can be debatable? I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm just saying that there are Military vehicles that are of a simular design and can go even faster? http://starwarsrp.net/topic/1642-snake-eyes-tumbler/ This is one that I know that would be slightly similar. And I mentioned that the Civilians were given a smaller engine to prevent high speeds for the general public. Also why would a government make a speeder that is slower for the military than it is for the civilians? if a Civilian were to use this as a getaway vehicle he would do so easily. I would like to keep it that way, and as so, what should I reduce it to?

@[member="War Hydra"]

@[member="Xander Carrick"]

1) submissions from that long ago are not to be used as justification for new submissions
2) I don't care if you want your civilians going that fast or not. I was giving you the option of improving the civilian model and giving a tactical reason to use the civilian model instead of the military model
3) owning a vehicle capable of reaching 400km/h and being legally allowed to travel that fast in city limits are two separate matters
4) The vehicle you used as justification does not have a massive armored prow at the front of it. Also... a wheeled vehicle traveling at those speeds on anything other than paved roads would be suicide.

5) For your convenience, I am providing you with a list of recently approved speeders and military/civilian vehicles. None of which have an armored prow (ok, maybe one of them).

Civilian Speeder Bike: 300km/h
Civilian Speeder Bike: 400km/h (with a legal blaster attachment)
Bigger Civilian Speeder Bike: 600km/h (with a legal blaster attachment)
Civilian Speeder Bike: 650km/h
Ground Vehicle: 225km/h (civilian/Unarmored) 200km/h (military/armored)
Military Speeder Vehicle: 563km/h

I'll go ahead and let you get away with 350km/h on the military variant. The civilian variant's speed can stay the same or increase, I don't care.
And I still want the military variant to be increased to 270kg

Weight edited to 270Kgs, and military speed edited to 350Km/h. @[member="War Hydra"]

As I said before, I am not trying to be confrontational. I'm sorry if I came off as that way. Thank you for working with me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom