Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech PSIS-M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[NAME]
__Proximity Sensor Interference System; Modular
[INTENT]
__To have the final pylon slot on my heavy starfighters be filled with something, and that something based on real life strike-fighters. It's also based in canon already, which I only just found out now.
[DEVELOPMENT]

__None
[MANUFACTURER]

__Ri'ess Regal Drive
[MODEL]

__PSIS-M
[AFFILIATION]

__Mnenchei Monarchy
[MODULARITY]

__Pod-Based
[PRODUCTION]

__Limited
____35 sets in production
____Future kits made to order
[MSRP]
__5,400 Credits
[CONSTRUCTION]

__Durasteel Pod, Chromium/Aluminum Core Components, Misc. Other Materials
[CLASSIFICATION]
__Sensor Jammer
[SIZE CLASS]

__Ship-Mounted
[DIMENSIONS]

__Length: 6.92 meters
__Width: 1.37 meters
__Height: 1.92 meters
[AMMUNITION TYPE]

__Rechargeable Internal Power Cell
[CAPACITY]

__6 Uses (10 seconds ea., 18 second cooldown)
[RANGE]
__275 meter radius
[DESCRIPTION]

__The PSIS system (pronounced "Pieces") is a simple SeDome/ECCM two-piece set that both masks the signal of the equipped craft from sensors and interferes with the sensor signal of tracking or homing objects. It also simultaneously broadcasts an IFF signal to friendly ships and craft on a reserved frequency and prevents the equipped craft's own sensors from malfunctioning, all through the use of a countermeasure system of video receptors compatible with AstroMech Droids. The PSIS uses an electromagnetic field, infra-red emitter, emissions scrambler and several other common scanner jamming apparatuses to affect the reading of most ship sensors. The only drawbacks of the PSIS are its size - too large to fit under an interceptor - and the reduced tracking efficiency of the equipped craft when the system is engaged.

Canon References:
It does not provide much information other than that it exists and does just what it sounds like it would; jam and interfere with sensors.
Sensor jammer - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
Also, on Google I noticed a few pages about an X Wing? And a couple titled models of them.
4x-Phantom short-range sensor jammer - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
You're going to like that one. It's literally called DERP. xD
And finally this: Sensor Jammer - X-Wing Miniatures Wiki

Nyxie

【夢狐】
A couple of things:

1) Can you please edit your original post to include those reference links?

2) How did your character come across this equipment?

Please @ tag me in your reply. Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom