Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Project: Acolyte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssalei

S
yuan-cui-monster-01-final.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Submit a hybrid species for people to mess around with
  • ​Image Credit: Yuan Cui
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: Sith (Species)
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Acolytai
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Lab on Ziost
  • Average Lifespan: 110 years
  • Estimated Population: Semi-Unique
  • Description: The Acolytai, an attempt by scientists to bring back the once proud sith race and share many characteristics with their parent species, such as their distinctive skin coloration, facial spikes, and strong force affinity.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type II (Requires higher than average levels of CO2)
  • Average Height of Adults: 1.9 meters
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Red, Pink, Obsidian, Gray
  • Hair color: Black, Brown, Gray
  • Distinctions: Facial Spikes (forehead, jawline, chin), gaunt complexion.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All
Strengths:

Strength of the Sith: The force is strong with the Acolytai, all who survived their culling that is, are all strongly connected to the force. Although they have no intrinsic skill, the potential is incredible.

Engineered "Perfection": Designed to be a master race, the Acolytai are slightly stronger than the average human, and have a far high intelligence than the average human.

Durable Skin: Their skin is made entirely of micro-scales. This makes it slightly harder to pierce into, but the scales are not particularly thick. Its protection is only slightly better than that of skin, but it certainly protects them from arid climates.

Weaknesses:

Disease: They were born in a lab, lived in a lab, and only recently have been exposed to the myriad of galactic diseases. To say their immune system which had only known a heavily controlled environment is nearly useless to this horde of diseases would be an understatement. Vulnerable and frequently sick, the Acolytai are practically doomed if exposed to military grade bio-weapons.

Need to Breath: The Acolytai require higher levels of CO2 than the average humanoid. Type I atmospheres are "livable" but very uncomfortable. Combat within a Type I atmosphere with no breathing apparatus means constantly running out of breath.

CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Galactic Basic, Sith
  • Technology level: Galactic Standard
  • Religion/Beliefs: Most of the Acolytai were indoctrinated into believing that they were the new species of Sith, destined to revive the greatness of their ancestors and subjugate the galaxy. This has given most who have not broken away from their indoctrination a high and mighty attitude, looking down on other species of the galaxy as inferior.
  • General behavior: Too few specimens to have a "general" behavior. Act similarly to most sapient individuals, tend to adopt local culture/belief or attempt to bring back the old ways of the sith.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Acolytai are not "natural". Their creator, a sith known to them only as "Father" found a corpse of a sith pureblood frozen in the desolate wastelands of ziost. How exactly this individual died he never shared, but within her frozen corpse was DNA, precious DNA. What Father had in mind was not to clone this one individual, no, one individual cloned a thousand times could not bring back a species, rather, Father used this DNA and spliced it with Zabrak DNA to carefully form unique genomes with enough bio-diversity to form a stable population. This was only the beginning of his experiments and tests, which he would call Project: Acolyte.

The next phase was their culling. Every child was tested to be force sensitive, and only the strongest of the force sensitives survived. The others would be terminated. Next, their upbringing, and it was not an easy one. One thousand Acolytai children were brought into the world only to be met with brutal training to push them to their very limits, sometimes even forced to kill each other to prove their superiority and power. They were taught the culture of their ancestors, at least, as much as Father knew. They were taught the old tongue, sith, as their native language, they ate the same meals as their ancestors, lived on the same icy world as their ancestors, trained with the same magics, weapons, and tactics as their ancestors. Yet, you can only push so much until a child breaks. When the surviving Acolytai brothers and sisters, all around 14 years of age, were once again put into the arena for another culling to prove who was the strongest, they fought back. They fought their way through the dozens of droids which previously were there to raise and protect them, using techniques taught by their master, until they finally found and cornered him. Now the Acolytai only speak of what happened in hushed tones, all seeking to distance themselves from the horrific death their father had suffered. From there, they named their species for they knew they were not truly sith, grabbed what shuttles they could, and split off from one another. The 400 Acolytai that survived that day five years ago now live in the galaxy that was not ready for them, trying to find their place in a world they were told they would dominate.

[member="Ssalei"]

A very Michael Crichton approach toward bringing back an extinct race. I like your concept, though I do have just a few remarks.

1. Links

Ssalei said:
  • Links: N/A
As this is an attempt to bring back the Sith race, and has references to such throughout, I'd like you to please link Sith here.

2. Weaknesses

Ssalei said:
Weaknesses:

Disease: They were born in a lab, lived in a lab, and only recently have been exposed to the myriad of galactic diseases. Their strong immune system helped them through, but any new disease, especially one engineered to kill them, could easily overcome their immune system which has had less time to adapt than other species.

Kinda Killable: Really most things that could kill the average person can kill them, blasters, light sabers, a particularly long drop.
On the Disease weakness, this seems somewhat contradictory. That is, it seems to say that they are both vulnerable to disease and are stated as have a strong immune system. I would suggest clarifying the sentence there to address the dichotomy there.

The second weakness seems to be basic mortality. I would suggest developing something here that plays off the characteristics of the race. For example, how well do they function in a standard Type I atmosphere given their need for higher levels of CO2? Are they able to function in a standard atmosphere with or without a breath mask?

Those are my comments, I look forward to reading your thoughts in reply. Please tag me once you have had an opportunity to complete your edits.

Ssalei

S
[member="Zardu Hasselfrau"]

I was having trouble figuring out what the second weakness would be so thanks for the help xD.

Anyway, should be edited and ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom