Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Procursator Mk X-class Line Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
pprocursator.jpg

Image Source: Link
Affiliation: Aurora Industries Customers
Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
Model: Procursator Mk X-class
Modularity: none
Production: Minor
Classification: Star Destroyer
Material:
Alusteel/Ferrocarbon Alloy Frame and Hull,
Glasteel Viewports,
AR-0B / Quadanium Steel Alloy Ablative Armor
Turadium Blast doors
Star Ship Components

Classification: Star Destroyer

Length: 1,200 meters
Width: 600 meters
Height: 250 meters

Armament Rating: 16

Armament:

Hangar: None

Special Features:

* Eject-able Matter/Anti-matter Annihilator Core
* Redundant Ray Shielding
* Standard Particle Shielding
* Standard Ion Shielding
* Standard Rad-dampening Shielding

* Anti-concussion Field Generator

* Socket Guards

* Energy Caps
* De-ionizers
* Cap Drains
* Warhead Countermeasures
* Tractor Beam Projectors
* Standard Star Ship Sensors and Targeting Systems
* Standard Star Ship Communications Systems
* Standard Star Ship Environmental Systems

Maneuverability: 17
Speed Rating: 15
Hyperdrive Class: Class 2, Class 8 backup

Strengths:
* Heavy Ablative Armor
* Redundant Ray Shielding

Weaknesses:
* No Assault Capabilities
* Standard Particle Shielding
* No Attack Craft Complement
* Poor Maneuvering

Description: The Procursator MK X-class is the second ship of the X class program. It is based on the old light destroyer of the same core name used by the New order eight hundred years ago. The Class utilizes state of the art technology as well as solid design principles from the previous vessels of its design. Advanced frame and armor give the vessel the ability to absorb massive amounts of damage before being effected and seeing any operational effects. Redundant Ray shielding protects the ship from damage.

The Procursator has one propose, to close with the enemy and engage at medium to close range. Its heavy guns are set so they have optimal forward and flank arcs allowing the ship to engage as it moves into the middle of an enemy formation then bring its entire battery to bear on them. A ventral hanger, set forward of the ionization dome, can accommodate guest 12 shuttles to land but the vessel itself has no on board attack craft.. Three fusal ion drives accelerate the class to formidable straight line speeds making the class well suited for pursuit missions. This also allows the class to move into close range with enemy vessels where it can utilize its massive weapon load more productively and accurately.

The Main Battery of the Procursator Mk X-class consists of three powerful HAT-100 assault Turbolaser Batteries. These powerful weapon systems are mounted as turrets along the Dorsal hull just forward of the command structure. One hundred heavy turbolaser cannons are mounted in twenty batteries of four along the port and starboard side rim trenchs. Fifty turbolaser cannons are mounted in ten batteries of 5 cannons each along the rim trenches and dorsal and ventral hull. These are installed as to give seventy five percent of them optimum forward arc. Thirty Ion Cannons are mounted in six batteries of five cannons each along the rim trench. These also are layed out as the turbolasers giving them the same arc of fire. This give the class some disable and capture abilities as well as work to assist in bringing down warship shields during battle. Twenty Repeating Light Turbolaser Turrets are installed over the hull giving the Procursator Mk X-class a full three hundred and sixty degrees of light capital and attack craft defensive capabilities. Twenty Assault Missile tubes are set along the flanks of the super structure for bombardment and anti-ship duty. Lastly Twenty four fast trak quad lasers give the class defensive fire against incoming warheads such as torpedoes and missiles as well as anti-attack craft defense.

Development Thread:
* The Last Patrol
Intent: Build a modernized Line Destroyer
Who Can Use This: Select Aurora Industries Customers
Primary Source:
* Wiki
* Fractalsponge.net

[member="Lash"]
And IIIIIIIIIIIII will always love yooooooooooooooooo
Cause IiiIIIIIIIIII've got this under reeeee....vyuuuuuuuuuu

(Also, thank you for color coding like I color code. Makes things much good.)

[member="Lash"]

OK, some clarifying questions:
  • The AR-0B is 5,000-year-old starfighter-scale tech. Has it been approved as part of capital-scale submissions before? Has it come up as a question before? For something like that, I generally recommend submitting my own version. For example, I made my own cap drain and have been meaning to submit my own socketguards for the longest time. I just find it helps avoid the question, especially with gametech. Not asking you to remove it, just sounding out where you're coming from. All in all, it's a minor point.
  • Can you run me through your capital gun math? Not that it matters a whole lot -- a rating 16 is a rating 16.
  • Typo in the rad-dampening shielding.
Those are some serious weaknesses for, in the end, not a lot of strengths. You've done dev, so if you want to walk back some of that a little, I'd be cool with that.

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
Jorus Merrill said:
The AR-0B is 5,000-year-old starfighter-scale tech. Has it been approved as part of capital-scale submissions before? Has it come up as a question before? For something like that, I generally recommend submitting my own version. For example, I made my own cap drain and have been meaning to submit my own socketguards for the longest time. I just find it helps avoid the question, especially with gametech. Not asking you to remove it, just sounding out where you're coming from. All in all, it's a minor point.
I have used it on many submissions as have a few other people. Ablative armor doesn't seem to be widely used just a few of us use it but it has been used before for capital vessels. I can provide examples if you need them.

Jorus Merrill said:
Can you run me through your capital gun math? Not that it matters a whole lot -- a rating 16 is a rating 16.
(123 Cap Batteries /20 Heavy Warhead/ 24 Defense)
* 3 HAT-100 Assault Turbolaser Batteries 64 each 3 x 64 = 192
* 100 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons 2 each 2 x 100 = 200
* 50 Turbolaser Cannons 1 x 50 = 50
* 30 Ion Cannons 1 x 30 = 30
* 20 Repeating Light Turbolaser Cannons .5 x 2 x 20 = 20
* 20 Assault Missile Tubes 20 heavy launchers
* 24 Fast Trak Quad Laser Cannon Turrets 1x 24 = 24

thats is 492 caps or 123 cap bats, 20 heavy launchers, 24 defense guns. No fighters I based it on the 2.0 assault variant light star destroyer numbers of 120 bats/20 heavy warheads/50 defense. so it is +12 caps , +/- 0 warheads, and -26 defense guns per that scale.

Jorus Merrill said:
Typo in the rad-dampening shielding.
thanx for pointing that out :) edited.

Jorus Merrill said:
Those are some serious weaknesses for, in the end, not a lot of strengths. You've done dev, so if you want to walk back some of that a little, I'd be cool with that.

The weaknesses come from the mission profile of the ship as much as it is tring to balance it. It is made strictly for ship to ship engagements. As it is at the top of the weapons allowed for a ship its size "1500 meters"at about half the class size limit "1200 meters" I felt the weaknesses made up for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom