Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Primordial Signet Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
il_fullxfull.745244292_k4i6.jpg

Image Source: https://img0.etsystatic.com/055/0/6172297/il_fullxfull.745244292_k4i6.jpg
Intent: A commemorative ring awarded to active members of the Primeval as they fall to the status of minor faction
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Primeval smiths and sorcerers
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Active Primeval members
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Primordial Steel, crystallized enchanted blood
Description: Without argument, the Primeval were one of the most unique and successful factions the galaxy had ever come to witness. The conquered the Dark Trinity worlds of Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and Ziost. They cut into heart of the Mandalorians' territory, and inspired fear into the bravest and most courageous of hearts.

This ring was forged by the best of Primeval smiths and enchanted by the mightiest Primeval sorcerers to commemorate these exploits (and more) as the faction was finally toppled from its unholy throne. It is cast from Primordial Steel, the signature metal of the faction. Its crystal, however, is not actually a crystal at all. It is the solidified blood of innocents, taken from when Zambrano the Hutt razed the planet of Mirial. The sorcerers enchanted and worked on the blood until it took the shape and properties of a dark ruby, albeit with some side effects.

When worn, the ring projects a weak aura of uneasiness around the wearer. Its effects can be felt anywhere from 1-5 meters away, depending on how truly dark the wearer is. (This can be seen as both a strength and a weakness)

The last effect is rather unique to the ring. The color of the ring changes according to the force alignment of the person it is closest too. This effect is practically useless in a crowded street, but can be helpful in one-on-one confrontations. In addition to this, it can "awaken" the force potential within someone. For example, if someone is force sensitive but cannot wield the force yet (or does not know of their ability), the ring can spark a reaction within the person which allows them to realize their potential and use the force in small ways (given they are untrained).

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Lord Ajihad said:
Material: Primordial Steel
All factory submissions used as materials/equipment/etc in another factory submission must be linked to the original submission. Please hyperlink this to the Primordial steel submission.

Lord Ajihad said:
The last effect is rather unique to the ring. There is a small inscription carved into the bottom of the ring. When read aloud by the wearer, a pulse wave of sorts will radiate outwards about 15 meters (This can only be seen by the wearer). Whatever it touches will seemingly change color for about 2 seconds, ranging from bright white to pitch black. The darker the color shows how dark the painted person is on the inside. For example, someone pitch back will be truly and undoubtedly evil at the given moment, while someone shining bright white would have a pure and clean soul. This effect does not work on others wearing the same ring.
Sorry, but, in star wars things work a bit differently in regards to the force and "good" or "evil". It can be argued that dark is evil and light good, but there exists a slew of force abilities which allow the user to mask or disguise their force aura as dark or light - or even completely keep it hidden. A pulse radar-like variation of force sense visualized isn't something shown to be capable in canon. Here's an example of what is possible in terms of a sensor, but here is a canonical crystal which glows when close to a force user. In regards to the sensor, which uses the crystal mentioned afterward, you need to be physically next to the sensor. I would be okay with this having a slightly extended range at the expense of precision (glowing in proximity of a force user, and then changing color to denote light or dark siders), but what is described here exists outside of the means of canon.

You will have to restructure this sensor portion a bit, but here's a chaos canon example for helpful reference purposes. The only way this is going to work is on force users, by the way, as "good" and "evil" are not measurable quantities in the Star Wars universe, and this will not be able to be used directionally.

[member="Bianca"]

Linked the steel

In regards to the whole Good vs. Evil discussion, would it help if I changed it to the quality of the living force inside the target? The darker it is, the more of the Dark Side dwells within them. That is what is originally intended to say, but strayed from the path a bit with the words "good" and "Evil." And if someone was hiding their aura, it could appear to the radar as if they were force-dead, getting no sign from them at all.

About the pulse radar system: I believe this would actually be possible. It's not some force ability embedded into the ring by a Sith Lord or Jedi Master, but magic ingrained into it by witches and sorcerers within the ranks of the Primeval. With abit of work, I think it's within reason that they could accomplish something such as this.

Thoughts?

Lord Ajihad said:
It's not some force ability embedded into the ring by a Sith Lord or Jedi Master, but magic ingrained into it by witches and sorcerers
All magic in star wars is just an arcane expression of the force, the use of words and chants (or rituals and so on) in order to invoke a specific effect from the force. Any "magic" ingrained into an object is, in actuality, a force ability.

[member="Bianca"]

I meant it more as like it could be an ability rarely seen by anyone else because it is categorized as magic rather than a typical force force ability. But I see what you mean, I'll edit it.

[member="Bianca"]

Also, would you say it'd be going too far to say that on occasion, the ring can awaken force potential? I mean this by if someone is force sensitive but cannot get a grip on how to use the force (or doesn't even realize they can use the force), then the ring can touch them and sort spark their ability? It would just make it easier for them to use it for the first time so they can realize their potential.

Lord Ajihad said:
[member="Bianca"]

Also, would you say it'd be going too far to say that on occasion, the ring can awaken force potential? I mean this by if someone is force sensitive but cannot get a grip on how to use the force (or doesn't even realize they can use the force), then the ring can touch them and sort spark their ability? It would just make it easier for them to use it for the first time so they can realize their potential.
That's totally fine. Just no sudden boosts in ability, or anything crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom