Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Primeval-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
40392a689e728667fafe1086f29abced.jpg
Image Source: AdamBurn, DeviantArt
Affiliation: The One Sith (Tactical & Standard variants) | Kuat Drive Yards / Closed-market (Standard variant only)
Manufacturer: The Primeval Fleet, Kuat Drive Yards
Model: Primeval-class
Modularity: No.
Production: Semi-Unique (Tactical) | Limited (Standard)
Material: Durasteel frame, Titanium-reinforced Alusteel hull, Transparisteel viewports
Classification: Destroyer

Length: 2,200m
Width: 540m
Height: 658m

Armament:
Tactical Variant
Capital: 1160 ; Warhead: 12 ; Defense: 80

• x2 Fore Hellbore Cannons

• x2 Fore Hypervelocity Guns

• x40 Heavy Long-range Turbolaser Cannons

• x24 Heavy Long-range Ion Cannons

• x50 Turbolaser batteries

• x15 Ion Cannon batteries

• x6 HELIX Launchers

• X6 Assault Concussion Missile Launchers

• x4 B1-TM3 Countermeasures Packages

Closed-market / Standard Variant
Capital: 500 ; Wahead: 12 ; Defense: 60

• x2 Fore Hypervelocity Guns

• x4 Heavy Long-range Quad Turbolaser Cannons

• x2 Heavy Long-range Quad Ion Cannons

• x100 Turbolaser batteries

• x20 Ion Cannon batteries

• x12 Assault Concussion Missile Launchers

• x40 Point Defense Cannons

• x20 Anti-missile Octets

Hangar:

• 2 fighter squadrons

• 2 bomber squadrons

• 6 Gunships

• 2 personal shuttles

Special Features:

Tactical
Standard

• Heavy Redundant Shield Generator

• Standard Sensory Array

• Standard Targeting Computers

• Standard Communications Array

• Standard Encryption Network

• Standard Navigation Computers

• Life Support Systems

• Escape Pods

• Reverse Thruster

• Advanced Firewalls

• Dark-Net & HoloNet Transceivers

• x2 Tractor Beam Projectors

Maneuverability: 17
Speed Rating: 17
Hyperdrive Class: 1 main | 12 backup

Strengths:
Juggernaut: There are few other words to describe it. The Primeval-class is simply armed to the teeth and very well defended.
A.I. Support: With AXIOS AI, the tactical variant is capable of coordinating with other vessels in their fleet and providing seamless tactical integration. (Tactical Only)
Firewalls: The Primeval-class is capable of resisting nearly all forms of hacking, cyberwarfare, and electronic warfare.
Reverse Thrust: A reverse thruster system has been fitted to the fore of the starship, allowing it to move backwards with relative ease.

Weaknesses:
Slow, very slow: It cannot keep up easily and it won’t be able to outmaneuver most ships in its class.
Double-edged Defense: The Primeval-class is unable to fire its warheads whenever its countermeasure systems are activated.
Delicate engineering: These ships cannot be repaired during the middle of battle, and anything taken down by ions will take longer to bring back online.
Collateral Damage: Many of its weapons can easily cause friendly-fire, thus they must be used modestly lest one risk destroying friendly vessels.
No Escape Pods: The tactical variant lacks escape pods… Who would abandon the pride of a fleet?

Description: The Primeval-class is the epitome of destroyers within the Primeval Fleet, designed to lead fleets and defend the cause against all threats. With tremendous firepower, superior defenses, and highly advanced technologies; the Primeval-class can stand toe-to-toe with any vessel in the galaxy. The first run resulted in the twenty tactical vessels that currently operate in the Primeval.

Development of the Primeval-class began early during the Primordial marches, and with the support of Kuat Drive Yards, the Primeval Fleet collaborated on a shared design split into two variants. First there’s the ‘tactical variant’ which accounts for twenty warships: Primordial, Sargon, Nogras, Halrormalenth, Balagoth, Importune, Abrogation, Prophesy, Amaurosis, Pestilence, Ruination, Adjudicator, Consecration, Eminence, Paramount, Inescapable, Phantasm, Penumbra, Mirage, Amaranthine. Then the ‘standard variant’ is comprised of a limited-production serial run consisting of warships with reduced technical and armament specifications when compared to the tactical variant.

As a warship, the Primeval-class provides fleets with the sole purpose of providing a domineering presence in battles. Utilizing a heavy armament, modest hangar, and heavily relying on technology; the destroyer can fulfill multiple roles from fleet command to search & destroy. In order to make up for its slow speeds and poor maneuverability, the starship class relies on long-range weaponry and hangar complements to tackle enemy warships.

The Primeval-class is the product of cooperation between many parties, including Kuat Drive Yards and the Intergalactic Banking Clan. The amount of resources, time, and effort put into the project had been costly, resulting in several asteroid fields within the Chiloon Rift having been stripped of their raw metals to construct the necessary alloys. Furthermore, the class utilizes technological specifications across various eras, combining the best in terms of reactor, computer, and A.I. technology.

Few would dare face such a vessel in battle, and those who do will have suffer much attempting to subdue these titans of war.

Development Thread: Relevant Posts: 411 Writers: 20+

Intent: Many factions have their ‘top tier’ destroyer class, this is the Primeval’s answer to those. An advanced, semi-unique destroyer class with a limited production variant of reduced capabilities.
Who Can Use This: The Primeval (Tactical & Standard) | KDY (Standard Only)
Primary Source: N/A

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Hi There!

It's come to our attention that the gun count you listed is off by nearly 180 guns! Oops!

Your current gun count sits at 1160, while your listed is 980. I'm going to need you to edit and reduce the weapons on the ship to the actual count listed. After you've done so I'll re-check and re-approve this submission.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I can't math.

I just modified the gun count to 1160, I assume it's not that big of a difference as I've seen a few ships with similar (some less) development threads (and some in higher production counts) who have twice this much in gun counts, plus the warhead count is quite smaller than average.

Edited. Looks okay?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

After looking through all the dev threads and seeing the work put into this, I find this acceptable.

Re-approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom