Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presents for the Minister

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Solan smiled as in his hands was a package with two presents he had already cleared through security and now was heading towards the office of the Prime Minister. Months before him and Eve had hacked into the cameras of the place as well as its schedules of the occupants. He had done this for two reasons, one to test the security of the Republic's senate... which proved they needed better techs to not have caught him yet even if he was doing it to help them. The Second purpose was the one he was here for today, to protect the friend of his with a target on her head the size of... he forgot the price at the moment.

With him was a rather active woman and while it was hard enough to get him clearance to come meet Genevieve she was even harder. "Patricia, please don't make me regret using every contact i have to get you in here for this... Then again if Gen kills me please try and bring me to a hospital." He smiled as inside the package would be something that Genevieve was not going to like in the least at first.

Another day trapped in the office. Another year notched on her timeline. It mattered little to her. She had not celebrated a birthday in twelve years, as of today. What was a birthday, anyway? It was a measure of time that only signified the approach to death, yet was romanticized for the comfort of children. The only birthday Geneviève would be celebrating this year would be Miria's.

Honestly, there was someone somewhere who might have been better off had one Geneviève Lasedri never been born to this galaxy. And there was someone somewhere who might have been worse off due to the same event. Who was she to say? Who was anyone to say? Some exhalted her for her 'greatness' as a woman in power; some despised her for the same reason. Not much mattered about that. She would keep doing what she must to do what she thought was best. And that required as little interference as possible. The Senate threw up enough roadblocks to give one a headache on the daily.

And so GRPM Lasedri sat in her Ministerial office, considering nothing but the effect of others' lives on her own and wondering what anyone cared in the end. She had but one she truly called a friend, and a young girl who more-or-less looked up to her. And that was about it.

Except for those cameos. They had a habit of popping up at the best and worst of times.

[member="Solan Charr"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Solan smiled as he walked up to the Senatorial Guards, he could have been one but to be honest if there was anyone in the Republic he helped it was their shadow division. So he just smiled at them as he passed them, having had Eve send ahead of him the clearance into the office of the Surpreme Ch- Err Prime Minister. Of course they checked him for weapons first of course but past that.. Well past that his hand passed over the controls for the door and they opened up as he looked in at the woman who he smiled at seeing.

"Hey there Lady Raven, its been a while since i last got to talk to you. I hope that the stiffs you have to hang around aren't causing you to age too quickly." He smiled at his friend, keeping the gift in his hands as he moved to walk over to her desk while he looked her over. She was thinking about something and she was always so... Interesting when she was thinking. He started to move into a seat without waiting for her to say anything after a moment and he couldn't help it but grin at what was inside the package.

Well, wasn't this a surprise? Apparently Geneviève needed to have security measures tripled or even quadrupled now. If her routine flirtation device had free reign of the Senatorial aisles, then what could a more malicious person have in store?

And that 'Lady Raven' thing... That could stop any day now. "Charr..." She did not even bother with his first name. That would have afforded him too much dignity after barging in on her like that. Besides, that age comment hit her a little harder than she cared to admit. The fatigue brought on by this job was very real, and she felt a lot older than the thirty years that she was. "Damn you, Charr," Gen cursed, holding up a pair of fingers in a certain gesture she favored.

The Prime Minister's eyes narrowed even slighter when they beheld the suspicious package in her uninvited guest's arms. She pointed at him accusingly. "There had better not be a bikini in that box."

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan smiled as she spoke about what could be in the contents of the box and shook his head before placing it on the table and speaking. "Lady Raven, do you really think im that stupid as to bring you a present that would get me killed?" Granted he had a second present in his pocket that would but he supposed giving her the real present first would be better, and he would live longer. "Not that you wouldn't look stunning in such, i would love to see that but we both know that isnt happening any time soon with you working for the republic in this way..." He smiled, thinking about the object in his pocket.

I don't know. I think you're quite capable of a lot of stupid things, she thought to herself, still suspiciously eying the packaged item he was carrying. "Yeah, it's definitely not happening. Glad to know I have a fan, though." Next thing, he might suggest she model for pinup posters if she was not careful. Why was he even here, anyway?

She remotely closed the door behind him, just in case. The last thing she needed was for her secretary to spy the antics her more-or-less frequent acquaintance was known for. "Solan, I hope you're not here to waste my time. Just unpack the skimpy dress and move along."

[member="Solan Charr"]

He watched her and when she said that he said nothing and walked forward to place the package on teh desk before stepping back and collapsing down into a chair. "Happy Birthday Gen, hope it looks good." Inside the package she would find his present, the pendant with a ebony colored raven on it in which she would find connected to a simple chain. He decided best to give her the present before he gave her the pictures that she would probably kick his head in for taking of her.

Happy birthday? When was the last time she had heard that? A long time ago, to be sure. A very long time ago. "I'm not going to regret opening this, am I?" she asked as her hands slowly reached for the box. But she would open it anyway. In fact, she was gong to rephrase the question to better reflect the true meaning of the words. "You're not going to regret my opening of this, are you?" Her nails tapped on the package to 'test' it out a bit before committing. It sounded mostly hollow, but with a faint chime emanating from inside.

Without too much further delay, the Prime Minister opened the gift ceremoniously, her brown eyes practically peering into Solan's soul all the while. When she finally glanced down to spy what she had just unwrapped, her suspicions became even more tempestuous. "That's..." Well, what was she supposed to make of it? Probably the obvious. She raised an eyebrow. "Am I to expect a proposal in a moment?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan just sat back and thought to himself as she asked if hes going to regret her opening the present. No he was not going to regret her opening that one, it was the chip he had that was going to get his day to become very painful "No, no proposal, no nothing. Its a gift Gen, something for you to either accept or not. Thought that the Prime Minister of the republic could use the well wishes of atleast one of her old friends right. After all you did get my off the planet back on Makeb so i figured i might as well repay you for that finally."

His smile remained as he kicked back and at sideways on the chair, his feet kicked up and over the arm of it as he turned his head to look at her for a few moments himself. "Plus, i thought that if you had something beautiful as your own features that people might want to get to know you a bit more. No one can survive in this galaxy alone and without friends, not even the most powerful women in the galaxy like you."

The Prime Minister lifted up the gift with both hands by its chain and hung the pendant in the air before her investigative eyes. The symbol was indeed of a raven, its dark figure matching with the avian creature Solan most often compared her to. Gen had only worn dogtags in the last decade-and-a-half, and it had yet been eight years since even that. A necklace was foreign to her costume.

She was overall hesitant to accept the gift, considering who was presenting it and the suspected implications she still could not remove from her mind. But it was still a gift, and, despite the rather aloof attitude she often carried, Geneviève had been raised with manners. She just preferred not to use them all the time. "Thank you, Solan."

She balked at saying more as soon as he crossed the typical flattery of her 'beauty' and all that. He had been insisting she was some sort of exotic specimen ever since she had first met him--scarred eye and all. The fact was that Gen hardly considered herself anyone of note when it came to attractiveness. Besides, most people who met her found her too distant our just downright brutal in speech, which severely hampered any chance of been viewed as 'pretty'. Not that she cared at all. Or did she?

And friends? She had none--with the exception of Corvus, as far as she considered. Or maybe the fault was on her end. Maybe she had friends. Maybe she was simply the one who withheld friendship in all cases. Gen remained silent, slowly securing the necklace chain's clasps after circling it around her neck. She supposed she was now officially The Raven.

[member="Solan Charr"]

He watched her look over the necklace for a few moments and smiled as she said thank you but only that. She didn't even react to his normal flattery but he shrugged. "Look Genevieve, you really do need to open up to people more, and i don't count as i don't need you to open up to know whats going on with you thanks to my Empathy. But i am sure that if you just relaxed a bit and went out to have some fun with someone, and not necessarily drink but something actually worth the time, you would better understand those around you. Not everyone has an agenda, or does thing because it would get them fame, or power, or money. Sometimes you do things just because its enjoyable, its why i deal with that Violin because while it serves me no purpose its enjoyable. I could be wrong though in my judging, you could have a secret life i don't know about that there is a you who has that something she can do that is fun... Oh and theres another thing ive been meaning to give you."

His hand reached in his pocket before removing the device and putting it on the table. "On there is the recordings of that assault on the slaver all that time back with Patricia, i normally wear contacts in my eyes with visual recording software to help me understand where i can improve and to keep records on things i partake in. The files on there are the bits where you are in frame. I am giving you them to absolve you of any connection to the event and to get rid of the fact that you were in a certain outfit at the time, delete them or keep them. That is up to you but i think you should choose which to do rather than simply removing them from existence myself."

"I'm a cynic, Solan. And I frakkin' well have a reason to be," she muttered even as she looked down at the pendant now hanging above her breast. She doubted she would leave it on much longer. People might question its sudden appearance as she walked out of the office at the end of her day. "Someone's always got an agenda. But you can believe whatever you want. That's what everyone does in the end." Her motto.

Charr's second act was much less suspicious--or maybe it was more so, considering the various angles one could look at it. One of those angles touching on the fact that this guy was actually in her office at this very minute, and he might be recording everything. "And you don't have them in now?" Needless to say, Gen was perturbed. Not only did she feel the privacy and security of her commanding office had been violated, but she really did not like to be reminded about the event he claimed to have captured on the data chips.

Gen scooped the electronics off the desktop and quickly clicked them into her datapad. The pictures were there, alright. This was one night she really did not want to relive. "Dammit. I'm going to need some wine for this..."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"You can be a cynic without throwing away relations to people Genevieve. Hell, look at me. Some people could look at me as a sociopathic murderer if they knew what ive done in the past. Something you fully know what ive done in order to achieve the ends. Yet here we are, you have kept what ive done secret with no payment or blackmailing, and ive kept your secrets. Maybe im misreading it, maybe neither of just simply don't care too much but Gen, im pretty sure that constitutes a friendship without an agenda." He leaned back in the chair as he sat there and stared up at the roof while she then asked about the contacts.

Shaking his head he reached up and proved it my carefullying bring a finger to his eye, showing there was nothing inside with the slightest of touches before blinking. "No, i normally only wear them in battle or during times when they are needed. Again Gen, atleast i consider you my friend and i would not betray you now or any time in the future without you becoming no better than the Sith and if that happened i would not let others do it. You should know enough by this time i don't give up on my friends and allies..." He grinned as the comment about wine came out. "... I know a good place down in the old market district."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom