Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Precept Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
stare_into_the_center_by_intenswich_dgtam58-pre.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Krass Wyms
  • Affiliation: Company Name (Sasori Research)
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Experimental Material
  • Modularity: Highly versatile to be used in equipment, lightsaabers or even on its own
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
    • Exotic Matter
    • Crystal
    • Kyberite
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Exotic Material
  • Weight: Weightless
  • Color: Prismatic
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: None
    • Kinetic: None
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Other:
      • Sonic: None
      • Disruptor: None
      • EMP/ION: None
    • Elemental:
      • Fire: None
      • Cryo: None
      • Acid: None
    • Force: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Purified: Created as the purest strand of the crystal and enhancing its capabilities exponentially. It is not a natural formation this is highly engineered by Krass using exotic particles and matter to breakdown and rebuild without impurities. IN this case the echo stone a powerful amplification crystal that becomes stronger the longer it is bonded with a user. Enhancing their abilities exponentially... purified and altered slightly Krass has given it properties of an infinite engine and wish plant from endor. THis allows it to generate its own power to fabricate and alter small objects like food, water, air, clothing and breakdown other things.
STRENGTHS
  • Exotic Matter: Designed with a mixture of kyberite, exotic matter and shards of the crystal being used. To make a purified version that is exponentiallly more rare but also stronger in some cases. With claarity and polish while being made to fit in a lightsaber assembly.
  • Thought Fabrication: Through the perpetual exponentially growing energy and enhancement of the crystals when bonded with an individual and the properties of the engine and plant. Fabrication and manipulation is on par with smaller fabricators like duplicatorrs but no machine parts are needed.
  • Lightside Imbuement: The creation process of the forge allows Krass to with her hammer imbue the lightside of the force into creations. Making the crystal a beacon of the lightside able to resist the darkside.
  • Lightsaber: When applied and added into a lightsaber the echostone continues to bond with the one who has it and will slowly incorporate any other crystals in the saber enhancing theirr capabilities like the heart of the guardian making them strong over time.
WEAKNESSES
  • Protective Qualities: Largely non protective in qualities as it doesn't fully adhere to the rules of physics. The crystal looks dense and like it would be highly protective but it isn't.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Force Nullification: The crystal is tied to the force and is part of it.. all of its capabilities derived from it and without it the crystal is just a paperweight.
  • Delicate: The crystal itself is polished and cut to function but it is still something artificially designed. It is easier to break with enough force.
  • Lightside Beacon: With the process of creation infusing it witht he lightside of the force the crystal is a beacon in the force and more susceptible to darkside damage similar to darkside items being more affected by force light.
DESCRIPTION
Created by Krass with the Celestial Forge. The line of saber crystals were designed for use by the jedi an as an experimental project. It wasn't just enough to make crystals... these are meant to be exponentially more quality then synthetic and more refined and pure then the ones that can be found in the galaxy. She worked with a dozen or so crystals... enhancing and refining them structurally so that the properties would shine through. Krass worked on much more of it, seeing the potential of the tales of the echo stone and what could really be done with a force crystal that enahnced a user and grew in its own power the longer it was bonded to them. FOrging it in the Celestial Forge she was able to imbue properties from a living wish plant through two things... the organic nature of the crystal as it was a distant cousin to kyberite and had some organic properties they could fiddle with and the wish plant itself altering to allow the hybridization of it... and small micro slivers of the infinite engine that would grow and the crystal would take on properties of what was around it. The result was a powerful crystal that would manipulate the fabric of reality around the user it was bonded to at a smaller degree mirror other fabrication technologies like duplicators and a molecular furnace.... but without the complicated machinery.

Last edited:
Maker of Stuff and Things.
Factory Judge
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

So, a couple things wrong with this one.

First off, weightless is not a valid weight, as far as I'm aware. You could be extremely light, but weightless is not valid.

Secondly, you are massively underpowered at -24, and yet an Extreme Force Rating is not supported by any sort of material. Echo Stone amplifies force powers, it doesn't negate them.

Thirdly,
Thought Fabrication: Through the perpetual exponentially growing energy and enhancement of the crystals when bonded with an individual and the properties of the engine and plant. Fabrication and manipulation is massive. Rivaling a high level art of the small user able to manipulate and control the matter around them or even the bedlam.
Purified: Created as the purest strand of the crystal and enhancing its capabilities exponentially. It is not a natural formation this is highly engineered by Krass using texotic particles and matter to breakdown and rebuild without impurities. IN this case the echo stone a powerful amplification crystal that becomes stronger the longer it is bonded with a user. Enhancing their abilities exponentially... purified and altered slightly Krass has given it properties of an infinite engine and wish plant from endor. THis allows it to generate its own power to fabricate what the one it is bonded with can think of or imagine.

While this is supported by the wish plant and city of dreams, I'm hesitant if I'd ever allow this. This is straight reality manipulation, and we'd be getting into the weeds of straight Doctor Strange level magic at that point.

Finally,
Delicate: Designed
this isn't a finished weakness. You'd have to fix that.

I would personally deny this on purely the thought fabrication myself, but you're the one testing me, so I'm gonna see how I do.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Rara Gowisi Rara Gowisi

A good start there are a few things. First the small and innocous

Permissions: My Subs
Technincally as this is using my submissions already I don't need to give myself permission. This can be N/A

Manufacturer: Krass Wyms
THis needs to have a link to the profile

THere should be a canon source to show that the kyberite and echostone have similar compositions in a way. The echostone wasn't shown with the ability to be used in a saber as much as simply held.

Alright those are easy enouigh now to look at what you brought up.

First off, weightless is not a valid weight, as far as I'm aware. You could be extremely light, but weightless is not valid.
You are somewhat correct, I had to double check the spreadsheet because

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: (Ore, Alloy, Rock, Metal, Mineral, Compound, Gemstone, Element, Textile, Gas, Fuel, Liquid )
  • Weight: (Please choose a weight between Extremely Heavy, Very Heavy, Heavy, Average, Light, Very Light, Weightless.)
  • Color: (Does it have a specific color?)

The template actually does offer weightless however the spreadsheet classifies it as extremely light

Secondly, you are massively underpowered at -24, and yet an Extreme Force Rating is not supported by any sort of material. Echo Stone amplifies force powers, it doesn't negate them.

A good catch well done.

While this is supported by the wish plant and city of dreams, I'm hesitant if I'd ever allow this. This is straight reality manipulation, and we'd be getting into the weeds of straight Doctor Strange level magic at that point.
The bedlam were masters of matter and reality manipulation able to send beings through time and change the very composition of a person. Such mas making Leia's heart a diamond or sending a stormtrooper back in time and later one supposedly sent a copy of herself back in time to become a whole different cosmic level force being.

this isn't a finished weakness. You'd have to fix that.
A good catch again.

Now I have edited for the sentence and some of the things.

To address the rest ideally you would want to suggest how you think it should be edited to work or set some of the limits for it. THis is intentionally powerful but falls into the rare place where everything can be explained and tied with the canon sources and requires less leaps.

Factory Judge
Alright, giving this a second go.

So, first off, you're still massively underpowered in ratings, but given the sub's intention, I think that's a deliberate choice. So that's all good.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with the strengths and weaknesses, though I am still hesitant to approve anything involving straight reality warping. Sure, it's supported by canon sources, but it's still an ability rife for abuse. But I'll come back to that in a bit.

The idea behind this is solid, but I'd recommend you scale it back. Specify what it's capable of, and what it isn't. The City of Dreams and the Bedlam are one of those concepts in the legends lore that is left incredibly vague, and never touched on again, thus judging what is and isn't possible with it is left mostly up to writer interpretation, which is tricky when judging a submission like this. If you were to, say, make it so that the crystal can only create and alter smaller items, that would be a bit more balanced.

With a power like this, offering advice is hard because it's not so much a defined power as it is, more or less, creative mode in minecraft.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Factory Judge
Alright, this looks mostly good, I only have one issue, and that's more a query than a real issue.
With clarity and polish while being made to fit in a lightsaber assembly.
As with any lightsaber crystal, this is gonna have effects on the blade itself. What are those? Can I wave the saber and alter reality slightly? Does it create a unique blade? I only ask because if someone were to use this, it would need to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom