Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Practical Armor v2

Intent: Personal armor for Hazard
Development Thread: Make me
Manufacturer: Abrogation Inc.
Model: M-2
Affiliation: Hazard
Modularity: Yes. More technology may be built into the suit.
Production: Unique
Classification: Anti-Blaster, Slug Resistant, Lightsaber Resistant
Weight: 19 kg
Quality:
Armorplast Plates: 7
Durasteel Gauntlets: 6
Armorweave & Akk Dog Scale Bodyglove: 4
Special Features:
HUD provides
  • Electroencephalogram
  • Heart Rate Monitor
  • Weapon and Armor Detector
  • Magnified Vision
  • X-Ray Vision
Wrist Vac
Vibroknuckler
Speech Scrambler
Materials: Akk Dog Scales, Armorplast, Thermal Gel, Armorweave, Durasteel
Description:
Seeing himself as an artist, Andreas tends to make everything he creates a work of art. As such, the armor was designed to convey the image of compressed talent. Underneath everything is a bodysuit of akk dog scales of numerous colors cut into octagons to increase defense by minimizing openings weaved over armorweave. These scales give the armor its necessary lightsaber resistance, being able to take up to 5 direct hits in the same area before failing, and they are arranged in a way that produces an anomalous motion illusion that gives the impression of a constantly moving pattern; specifically multicolored energy that pulses in some places and flows in others.

Dark and dull armorplast plates cover most of the body in stark contrast to the akk dog scales underneath barring the front of the neck, biceps, lower sides of the abdomen and the inner thigh where the scales are shown. Flame retardant military grade armorweave webgear of the same tones provide 3 sheathes for vibro-knives 2 holsters under the armpits, 2 sheaths for melee weapons on the back, and a utility belt with 9 pockets, a pouch and two more holsters.

The armorplast helmet was molded to somewhat resemble a skull. The top of the helmet is painted with a convincing three-dimensional image of a large fissure (as if someone had cracked his head open!) that exposes the same bright, constantly moving pattern the scales have and gets narrower as it reaches the center of the forehead where there is a similarly colored painting of an eye with markings around it. The mask of the helmet utilizes the same technology as a vacuum mask and provides up to 10 minutes of breathable air in vacuum or otherwise any environment sans oxygen. There is a small opening on the back that allows Andreas's long dreads to flow out in a pony tail that waves to dramatic effect in the wind. The skull shape and narrow glowing eye lenses give the helmet an intimidating, angry and hostile appearance.

The gauntlets cover everything from the fingers to the elbows. True to his psychopathic desire to draw as much blood as possible from his enemies, both of them have hidden weapons in the form of vibroknucklers and three five-inch blades that are basically curved and serrated knuckle plate vibro blades placed at the outer sides of the gauntlets; both of which can be activated with a clench of the fist. The vibroknucklers are made to rip through light and (with the aid of Andreas's enhanced strength) medium armors and viciously rend chunks of flesh from enemies in close combat while the blades along the forearm can vibrate for the same amount of cutting power and be launched from gauntlet (up to 6 meters) to penetrate light and medium battle armor while continuing to vibrate. The right gauntlet is armed with a wrist vac to fire spinning blades at a target's vital areas, a macro dart shooter and a grenade launcher. The left gauntlet is equipped with a grapple gun, net launcher and holoprojector.

The boots protect everything from the knees down and come with sheathes for vibro knives and retractable vibro shivs in the knees and toes. Both gauntlets and boots are made of durasteel to weigh Andreas's punches and kicks.

Thermal gel thickly layers the helmet, shoulder, knee and elbow plates and give the soles of the boots rows of short, wide spikes that make them great for stomping people out.

The suit is unfortunately very expensive to produce given all the technology placed within it and it is also expensive to maintain with each gauntlet needing two power pacs to function and each boot needing one. The bright colors of the scales also make stealth impossible and completely implausible. The hands and head are not covered by akk dog scales and are therefore as vulnerable to lightsabers as most other materials (i.e. very)
Source Material: OG Practical Suit

[member="Hazard"] - Under Review

Notes To Start:

• The wookie entry with the vaccum mask states it may not be worn with a helmet or other mask. Please edit to comply with this, dev and submit a separate tech that can function within a helmet system, or remove the feature of the vaccum mask.
  • The projectile weapons functioning like verpine weapons needs to be removed, or noted that functioning in an ad-hoc capacity will drastically reduce lethality, range, and accuracy. And that such firing runs the risk of damaging and/or increased wear and tear.
  • The armor materials each need a separate armor rating as to how high a degree of protection they provide individually. We will evaluate further based on what numerics you provide.
  • Pedantic, but I need to know just how many sheaths, pockets, pouches and the like this thing has and exactly where, please.
  • The vibroblades and knuckles need toning down. I would recommend chosing one or the other.
  • The collective weaponry count on this rivals or in most cases exceeds beskar'kandar. As such, pending your armor protection values, there will almost assuredly be a dev thread required, post count to be determined when we reach the end of the editing process.
  • Further, something like this will need to loose the modularity and have the weapon count toned down in order to exceed unique production.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Ijaat Akun said:
The projectile weapons functioning like verpine weapons needs to be removed, or noted that functioning in an ad-hoc capacity will drastically reduce lethality, range, and accuracy. And that such firing runs the risk of damaging and/or increased wear and tear.
Such weaknesses were not included in the wookieepedia page, but Hazard doesn't really need that tech so I erased it.

Ijaat Akun said:
The armor materials each need a separate armor rating as to how high a degree of protection they provide individually. We will evaluate further based on what numerics you provide.
Done

Ijaat Akun said:
Pedantic, but I need to know just how many sheaths, pockets, pouches and the like this thing has and exactly where, please.
Done

Ijaat Akun said:
Further, something like this will need to loose the modularity and have the weapon count toned down in order to exceed unique production.
Done

Ijaat Akun said:
The collective weaponry count on this rivals or in most cases exceeds beskar'kandar. As such, pending your armor protection values, there will almost assuredly be a dev thread required, post count to be determined when we reach the end of the editing process.
I searched up some examples of approved beskar'gam entries and noticed that they've had up to 6 different weapons on their suits (including crushgaunts). This one also has six (Vibroknucklers, Wrist Vac, Grenade Launcher, Wrist blades, Dart Launcher, Vibro-shivs). This would be a point in an argument I would have made to avoid a dev thread if I hadn't decided that since a dev thread wouldn't be too much trouble and since I'd be doing one anyway, why don't I go ahead, make the best of it and create a suit made of beskar?

I know a force user running around in beskar isn't the most original of ideas, but hear me out. Hazard won't be your average forcie throwing boulders, shooting lightning/fire/ice, incinerating people with a look, etc.; he's a matukai, which means he doesn't get all those fancy abilities. Just enhanced strength and speed which Jedi and Sith can do anyway (force speed, force strength). So Hazard would be at a bit of a disadvantage going against the beings with multiple god-like powers (with nigh-invulnerability to boot if you count all the ones with a beskar'gam) that he'll be killing for a living without one of his own. With the inclusion of crushgaunts, I'll have no problem removing the vibro knucklers. To add to that, this won't be just another beskar suit, I assure you.

I just want a second opinion. Would you recommend I make this a beskar submission or no?

[member="Hazard"] - This was in reference to the abilities of the suit. You add beskar, you add on to the dev, not get a free super-metal. My judgement stands. Decide if you are willing to do the dev or cut down the weaponry and get back to me. Beskar or not you will have a dev thread, as the examples you are quoting are on the extreme and well end made of examples. I can equally quote examples with 2-4 or less pieces of equipment for beskar. This is not up for debate or argumentation. If you can not accept such a condition, the sub will be denied and you can try your hand at a second chance. The problem lies not just in the number, but *power* of the weaponry in your subs. Were you to tone down their ability, I could negotiate. But to keep them at their current strength and number, I won't. I hope that is clear.

Also, while not from the wookie page, I can supply chaos precedent for an approved verpine sniper rifle(minor production, my own design, just a plain verpine gun) where such weaknesses WERE included at demand/behest of an FJ, if you wish to protest. There is a precedent, hence why I asked it.

Please also watch the argumentative tone of your post.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Wow. I am very sorry if I came off as argumentative or jerk-ish in my post. The tone was meant to be conversational, but I understand that tone is difficult to express with typed words (I fear this may come off as sarcasm [it isn't]). Along with that, I'd like to say that I knew that adding beskar would add to the dev thread, but I was saying that since I'm doing a dev thread anyway, I thought why not get the most out of it and make this a beskar submission.

Like you, I don't intend for this to become an argument, but could I ask what weaponry you find to be too powerfull? I may have described them in an exaggerated way, but the vibroknucklers and knuckle plate vibro blades aren't doing anything their Wookieepedia pages say they can't. They're the same ones you'd see on a stormtrooper, not modified in any way.

Again, apologies if my tone is misexpressed. I'm a pretty friendly guy :)

No, I do not take part in the development threads of the submissions I judge.
(I don't normally take part in any development threads).
[member="Hazard"]

This will be archived until the thread is completed, once you are ready please PM an Admin or RPJ and this will be pulled out to be reviewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom