Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Legacy Thoughts

Alright, so Legacy is kind of my big love in SW EU. Honestly, it was such a pleasant storyline that, to me, captured the spirit of SW in a way that few other stories really have. It had all the trappings of SW with enough twists that it felt so fresh.

From the get go I loved the Sith. The Rule of One was just awesome. Krayt was great. Nihl is fantastic. I thought the moment where Talon kills her master was awesome. I mean the idea that the Sith would train their apprentices to be their better and then LET them kill them as a sign of their increased strength. So cool. Maladi was a fun sith idea. Havoc was cool. Wyyrlok III was such an interesting character (honestly, the idea of a family Sith name was just riveting).

The Empire was still very... Imperial but had such a cool flair to it. The Imperial Knights were such a great twist on things. Loved the aesthetic. The Moffs bidding for power over the Emperor was cool. The over all human presence with a few exceptions was so cool. Loved the bits with the stormtroopers from the Sith Empire and the Empire-in-Exile fighting each other. Man.

The Republic having been totally crushed was nuts. Yet, Gar Stazi was such a cool character. Hard core Republic Admiral that rivaled the greatness of Admiral Ackbar. So good.

Even Cade's crew was fun.

And I just felt like at many points the tension was really palpable.

I cannot wait for the next Legacy things. The next series is going to focus on a Solo (HOW!?) and I can't wait to get to see that. Which, I just literally right now looked up and found out the first three issues are out. Which means I MUST read them lol.

Seriously, I can nerd over this series for hours.

Ashara Zavros

A
Damn ):

When you said Legacy I thought of the entire few hundred years it takes place and all I could think was
(She finished ALL of that? Wowzers)

I've been putting off reading them until I got some New republic and new order reading done. Good to know they're so good, gives me something to look forward to lol

I would say that outside of NJO... there really isn't much to read in the New Republic era. Okay, X-wing as well but that's kind of both Rebellion and New Republic.

After NJO it all goes downhill. Just... terrible.

Really? That's dissapointing. I'm about done with all the interesting ones during and before the movies, and the NJO looked pretty good. Maybe I'll just skip ahead to legacy then. They look really good

NJO has some duds in it as well that can be skipped for sure. But all around NJO is pretty solid.

Dark Nest is kind of weird. Everyone had high hopes coming out of NJO and it was a bit of a let down. Not the worst, but it was just odd. And the plotline just struck me as... zaney.

So people then looked to Legacy of the Force with a lot of hope. Man... it started off so cool too. The first three books are awesome with how it portrays the whole Jacen thing and then nose dive. Just full out nosedive. Terrible plot ideas.

Which then fuel Fate of the Jedi. And those terrible plot ideas just get worse. Seriously... terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom