Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plug it in and change the world

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Jobs were tricky. A lot of people were looking for work, and well, some weren’t, but people with skills attracted Marek. Especially if it was a Force based skill he could turn into something useful, like what Ms. Aerin had here. Still, he knew there was going to be a little bit of debate, but that was to be expected. He would need to give her a card, and where to locate him if she wanted the job. Hopefully by then he’d have his L3G10N project off the ground. Whichever way it fell.

“Take your time. Someone with your skills has the ability to be picky. I just hope you’ll do your research first. Working for the Techno Union is a smart move.” All the funding, and working with the top engineers in the galaxy.

"If I do say so myself. And your associate, are they as skilled as you?” Probably not, if he had to guess.

@[member="Siyndacha Aerin"]

Siyndacha Aerin

S
Research? She always did her research. She had a preference for being absolutely certain of her decisions, and being absolutely confident that information she gave was complete and correct. She didn't like to deal in half-measures. She couldn't easily give a yes if she wasn't absolutely certain of that yes... or that no, for that matter.

"She..." Well, what was it that Token did? It wasn't the same thing as herself, but they'd discussed it, more-or-less. Showed off to one another, about as much as they were reasonably capable of, and agreed... that no matter where they had come from, where they were going they would go together. "...well, she has similar abilities, but not the same. Different applications. Different education. But still useful."

But life backgrounds that were similar... and different. Both from affluent families, both already with a taste of different Force traditions. Both still fresh enough to make up their own minds as to what paths their lives would take. It was hard not to think, sometimes, that she and Token had been put together for a reason. Sindy spoke straight and to the point, as she was wont to do, never spending much time 'waffling about' in her speech.

@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

It was more rhetorical, if someone was the type of person to just jump into something, he didn’t think that they would last long in the Techno Union. It was just his thoughts, but really, it made a bit of sense. He wanted someone who was going to do the time, and make sure everything was right. And that person was probably going to have a good working relationship with Marek, an assistant and someone to make sense of all the tech talk. When he was younger, he spent more time studying floral and fauna and how it all coexisted. Not that he was a hippie, but living life on the Rim, there was a lot to get around.

And the thing was, Marek was actually listening. That was rare for him with women, but this one was making a bit of a useful tool out of herself. And he liked that. As for the partner, he wanted to meet her, see what she had to offer. Either for his Union, or the Confederacy, or the Templar. Maybe it was something, maybe it was nothing. “Well, bring her along.” Of course, his mind was leaping to conclusions about the two, and assumed they would be a package deal.

“Here, how about we do this. If you’re ready, you meet my people on Bothawui, or Kothlis. Ask for Starchaser. They’ll make sure you’re pointed the right direction.” Of course, he’d have to put a warning up for a little blonde calling for him. Sure, that wasn’t something he hadn’t done before. “I’ll leave it in your hands.”

@[member="Siyndacha Aerin"]

Siyndacha Aerin

S
Bring her along? Well... that made sense. She was certain Token would go along with it. They'd been going along with whatever the other wanted to do for a few months now and it seemed to work well enough for the both of them. She didn't know about Token, but she was certainly ready to settle into something resembling a normal life again. Though 'normal' was quite heavily subjective.

"Your offer sounds reasonable. I'm certain my... associate will agree." Sindy assured. Did she really know Token that well after such a short time? Was it really so simple? Well, of course not. That's why she wasn't making unilateral decisions. She couldn't be absolutely sure. The engineer proffered her hand. "With any luck, I will see you again soon, Mister Starchaser."

And she smiled. Always smile. Important stuff, that.

@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

Marek wasn’t really sure about who the other was, but still, if it got Ms. Aerin here to join him in the Techno Union, he’d do what he could to make it worth everyone’s while. It was important for him to find useful people for the Confederacy, and even more important to find people who were strong in the Force, and bring them anywhere near the Templar. Just a nudge in the right direction, after all. Who knew what this girl would turn out to be, but she was hopefully going to be a strong part of his team.

Both as a Templar and a tech junkie. He really needed the latter.

Looking to her once more, he smiled. “I can’t see how it’d be easy to turn away. Trust me, we’ll make sure it works for all parties. Just so long as she wants to move across the galaxy, from wherever she’s from.” He smiled, really meaning both Sindy and her associate. Was she useful like she was? "Don't keep me waiting too long."

[member="Siyndacha Aerin"]

Siyndacha Aerin

S
"Then... we'll be in touch." She said, finally, turning to be on her way. It was getting to be lunchtime, and her stomach was waking up, readying to receive its next meal. "I won't keep you waiting. You'll have an answer soon, no matter what the answer is."

[member="Marek Starchaser"] seemed like good people, from this first impression. She hoped she wasn't wrong. She hoped.

"It was nice meeting you. Have a good day. Enjoy the rest of the expo!"

With that, she set off for the nearest exit, thinking over his offer, as well as what she might like to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom