Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Ban Beskar Melting Effects

Jsc

Disney's Princess
According to Star Wars Rebels Season 4, there now exists a technology within canon that can one-shot a person inside Beskar. In fact, according to this submission currently undergoing review right here on Chaos, (Which is a great sub btw, +1 swag,) this technology is currently being approached by Factory Staff as a Superweapon. A definition that currently resides on the Banned Items listing.

However. I am suggesting that this specific technology recieve it's own entry on the Banned items list alongside the mention of any similar magical Force Effects that superheat beskar too. Which shall be banned as well.

Because beskar is awesome. Don't nerf beskar. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Shayra Zanteres said:
Take off the armor and lose your limbs and vital organs like a man...ya pansy.
tumblr_mb6gepoDA41qerv7m.gif

WHAT!? No. My underpants are lined with beskar. I brush my teeth with a beskar toothbrush. You can't make me. You're not my real mom! :D :p

But. Why?

There are even references to lightsabers being able to carve through Beskar by simply increasing the intesity.

And just like everything else, you dont have to let someone melt your armor.

Less banning, more fun and intetesting rp interactions.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
K1-77 said:
And just like everything else, you dont have to let someone melt your armor.
I know. I lol-dodge all the time. But still. I think it melts the person inside the armor. Not the armor itself. :D :p

Jak Sandrow said:
Jak. You're intervention is coming. SoonTM

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jay Scott Clark said:
I think it melts the person inside the armor. Not the armor itself.
That is actually how most anti-armor weaponry works, actually. Don't bother with trying to punch through it, just try to beat up all the squishy bits inside.

honestly i saw that and was like but why see due to there needed to be weaknesses on beskar subs anyways anything from weak against EMP or ion damage to less plating to more resistant to energy weapons (blasters sabers) but weak against kinetic like yo throw some explosives around make the ears bleed, disorient, etc. I'm pretty sure that if the rules of combat are against you it's your job to change the rules of engagement. Aim for weak points with a sniper rifle, place antipersonnel mines. Simply just write better stories and engagements short the flame thrower fuel and ignite i'm fairly certain that even with armor on when your flamethrower turns against you you'll be distracted. Keep beskar and in the words of today's generation git gud. Rant OVER

@Everyone

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Lan Graendal said:
So, uh, let's get on that as well.
And nipple pinching. That chit hurts bro. :p

Andorreth Vikar said:
...and in the words of today's generation git gud.
But no camping. 'Cause I hate campers. :D

Arrbi Betna said:
Just gonna leave this here
We have received your application for Factory Judge and found it: AWESOME!

You're hired. :)

That specific weapon from Rebels was definitely a superweapon, because it can target more than just beskar. Beskar is thought of as OP because people treat it OP, both Mando and non.

That's not the material's fault, it's the crappy writers that perpetuate these things.

We wear it because, as Sabine Wren said in that same episode...

The armor I wear is five hundred years old. I reforged it to my liking, but the battles, the history, the blood all lives within it. And the same goes for every Mandalorian.

Just use the ways to normally beat armor. Kinetic damage and blunt force trauma. Beskar's tough, but if hit hard enough, the man inside will feel it.

Concussion and sonic damage is another fun thing to use. And yes, disruptors can melt away almost any armor with enough hits.

Don't worry about the metal. Beskar, Phrik, Cortosis, or what have you, they can still be killed.

The Factory will review submissions for fairness and balance. If these criteria are not met, then it will not pass for approval.

That is all in regards to Factory submissions, banned items, and restricted materials.

[member="Kael Rose"]

I do not and can not speak for the Factory. The person above me does.

In my humble Mandalorian opinion, the device from the Clone Wars episode was extremely OP and unique. Unique items like that often serve as plot points in professional, high production environments such as a Star Wars TV show that millions watch.

It’s not designed for us plebian fiction writers, because it seeks to provide collaborative writing efforts with no options.

To me, its not intended to be used as a Factory submission for PVP. It’s intended as a plot device for the final act of 60 minutes of television, nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom