Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlayWhatNow? (Casp and Sam)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Caspian Rekali"] [member="Samael Rekali"]

Casp-

I'm hearing funky things about [member="Draco Vereen"], favors owed, and the possibility of me appearing in a special edition of PlayHutt or some such. I'm neck-deep in the Kathol Rift research and I'm only getting the auction stuff third-hand. Do I owe Vereen a favor so you could get that shiny spear of yours? And is he legit aiming to collect in skin?

Gimme some details here, Casp. Also I'm folding in Uncle Sam on this. Questions keep getting asked, and he's got a finger on the pulse of the old guard.

Might take me a minute to get back to you. I'm going to be south of Dayark for a while, and the comms relays aren't all that great.

Alec

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"]

Alec, Caspian-

Some answers would be appreciated. I have had my hands full keeping the peace- the Witches are pissed, because they felt they had just shaken the rep of being - and I quote - 'a bunch of bikini models on spice'. Some of the older warriors are considering this a direct insult to their honor and ways, old resentments bubbling up... like I said, I am keeping the peace and managing expectations. But I can only stall them for so long, until they will stop listening to me and start demanding answers from the Alor directly.

Sam

[member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Samael Rekali"]

"Alec & Samael,

The rumors of some Play Hutt magazine photoshoot are fueled by lesser beings who would like to make something out of nothing and throw more dirt at the feet of the Rekali Family. There are favors owed and they will be discussed, but there is no talks about some photoshoot involving any members of the family. It makes me wonder the security of this anonymous auction if some found out about who won these items, and the terms of the bids however. They will be found and rest assured they will suffer for this slight.

My apologies that it took this long for us to discuss this directly. But as previously mentioned reasonable favors are being discussed and nothing about a photoshoot is in the terms.

-Caspian Rekali "

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Caspian Rekali"]
CC:[member="Samael Rekali"]

Casp-

Gotta love those lesser beings. I'm moderately gratified to hear I won't be stripping down for the viewing public. Be a peach, find out who's spreading the rumors, and if they're not Clan, shank them with your plus-one spear of phallic expansion.

I know pledging favors is all the rage in the auction circuit, but Grandpa almost never did it. We don't want to end up owing someone who's not basically family like Draco. You're an alor'ad and it's within your authority to pledge the Clan to a favor. That said, the cousins and I aren't wild about bartering Clan favors and assets for personal property. This'd be the time to tell me how that shiny spear is going to benefit the whole Clan, apart from raising our net shininess.

Good try at snagging the Darth Bane holocron, though. It would have been pricey but worth it. The cousins were telling me that the orbalisk stuff would have improving our ability to take care of and breed our Calypho Compasses, which are half orbalisk. I don't give a crap about the rest of the holocron, and I don't know any cousin who does, but the orbalisk stuff is gold. Any time you see that material up for grabs, go for it.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Alec Rekali"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"]

Alec echoes my thoughts here. I will let the others know that it's baseless gossip and fethery, but let's not barter Clan Rekali things for personal benefits.

It raises eyebrows, brings up questions and we don't need that. Alec's hold over the clan is still shaky, what with her not being a forcer.

Perception- let's avoid unnecessary issues popping up.

[member="Alec Rekali"]
CC: [member="Samael Rekali"]

Alec & Uncle Samael,

I will find them you have my word. As for the spear I've found its a marvel of blended technology with its folding capabilities, Flash freezing tech, and both ion and stun capabilities. If we could find how it works it would lead to new strides in weapon development. Also I will continue searching for that Orbalisk knowledge.

You both are correct and your thoughts are also shared with me. From now on there will be no bartering favors, not anymore. It was an attempt at securing two knew artifacts that could make great strides in improving the Clan, but failed in part. It will not happen again."

-Caspian

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Caspian Rekali"] [member="Samael Rekali"]

It's bizarre how much image counts in Mando clan politics. People will use any angle to sneer at us -- just look at Grandpa having to duel Nolan Detta, or Gray Raxis being a twerp. So it's incumbent on us to, on the one hand, not care what they say about us, but on the other hand, not give them any leverage to put us at an unnecessary disadvantage. The issue wasn't the favors so much as the idea of pledging Clan anything -- favors, assets, whatever -- for something personal. People latch onto that.

Let's call the subject settled. Growing pains from a new administration. See what kind of reverse-engineering analysis you can arrange for that molecular compression tech, and that ought to take care of any naysayers. I'm sure Uncle Sam wouldn't mind being able to carry a beskad in his purse.

By the way, thanks for keeping an eye on the auction circuit while I'm away. Hitting the auctions without signing away the farm is a good skill to develop.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Alec Rekali"] [member="Caspian Rekali"]

Update: things have been smoothed over with the old guard- they even managed a chuckle, after a few drinks in. The Witches... they were more difficult to appease, but I managed it without being taken as a breeder for 'em. So that went as well as could be expected, considering it all.

And yeah, Alec is right. If you manage to replicate the tech, it'll go a long way towards solidifying opinions.

Also right about the beskad-thing, I will take one if it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom