Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plants! Training! Much Excitement! [Open Plantsurge training]

Cautious fingers prodded at the strands of life energy that connected the seed to the force. Working at those strands like a weaver of cloth rather than the force, the work delicate as he moved the force through his hand, creating new threads and strengthening the older ones. It was a slow process when one took their time, the interest of growing a healthy garden on his mind rather than creating a quickly grown one.

It was here that he did a great deal of his gardening these days. This simple garden on Voss and it was beside his past work in this garden that he was growing more flowers now. These were not the special kind that his mother had developed though, not the Eternal Mourners he had grown before but rather simple Pyroflowers and violet roses. Colors that twisted to create this strange picture fo blues fading into reds from the Mourners, to the Roses, and into the Pyroflowers. It wasn't his best work but it kept him focused while he waited.

He had offered any who wanted to learn the opportunity to learn the ability of plant surge. Alone the ability seemed to be useless, growing plants and control of them does not work in ships, space or even buildings without some way to stimulate their growth. And even if you used your life force as fuel, it would still be a useless ability.

But he did not find it that way. It was one that could help a harvest, be used to brighten the spirits of someone, to restrict and defeat an opponent without killing them. Or it could be used in such a way that was contrary to belief, a way in which the plants could become dangerous weapons if used correctly. He assumed the Jedi that would come would do so for their first purposes, for that reason he expected of a Jedi. They were protectors and those of the light side, after all, one looking for a weapon worried Solan.

For a good while now, Aria had been on a hard-working streak. It had taken some time to return to the structure of everyday Jedi training but she had been relishing in the challenging nature of the lifestyle and was once again genuinely enjoying learning. Thus, when the opportunity to learn Plantsurge had surfaced, Aria had been eager to turn up. True, it was essentially Force-assisted gardening, but the unorthodox skills had proved to be Aria's favourite kind.

Strolling into the Voss gardens, Aria saw a man tending to the plants. He was vaguely familiar as part of the strike team she had been in on Ruusan, but as far as she could remember they had never actually exchanged words and certainly she had never learned from him. New experiences all round today, Aria thought to herself.

Approaching him, Aria swallowed and fiddled with the fabric of her tunic. "Hi, um, I'm Aria...I'm here for the plantsurge lesson?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Aria Vale"]

Solan looked over his shoulder at the girl, raising a brow and studying her for a few moments. Certainly no child, no even the word girl seemed to be out of place when it came to her. And she was familiar but he did not know from where he had seen her before. It was likely during one of the meetings with several silvers that he had seen her but it was certain that he had never talked to this one. For a few moments those eyes of his remained on her before being cast down to his hands which he began wiping on a rag.

"A pleasure, Aria. My name is Solan, and i must say that you surprised me. In truth i had not expected anyone to show so welcome."

He had stood by the time he finished addressing her, still wiping his hands but eventually stowing the rag in a pocket before walking to her and holding out a hand in greeting.

"I do hope you don't mind the informal greeting. And please, avoid calling me a master or anything, i rather dislike formality."

Shaking his hand, Aria grinned at his introduction.

"Nice to meet you, Solan. And no, I really don't mind, don't worry."

Her eyes went to the garden the lesson was taking place in - she frequently wandered the grounds early in the morning, but it was usually to train or exercise or do something to wake herself up and consequently had never really noticed how beautifully arranged the plants were in the numerous little gardens that dotted the Order's headquarters. Huh. This plantsurge thing was looking more interesting by the minute.

"So, uh...plantsurge. Where do I start?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Aria Vale"]

He released her hand and watched her eyes move towards the actual garden. The Jedi always interested him not for their thoughts, but for their reactions. It was especially true when it came to their students. Their students while wanting to learn could take the moment to just enjoy what was around them in comparison to those of the darker world those who separated from the world around them.

He should know.

Her question came and he thought about it. Where to start the woman off at... he would need to know what she had worked through beforehand.

"How well developed is your ability to produce and hold a channel of force energy through you. This can be as simple a process of Telekinesis, i merely need to know how well you have come when it comes to sustaining that usage of the force without tiring yourself out."

Aria thought on that for a moment.

"Telekinesis I can do. Not to a particularly advanced level, but I can do it. Just sustaining the Force - uh, yeah, I'm good enough at that. Depends on what I'm doing. I've done things like pyrokinesis before - still haven't really managed to hold a flame long enough to do anything with it, but that kind of thing, I guess?" She wouldn't even try to produce a demonstratory flame. She'd been practicing since conjuring fire for the first time, but the fire had a life of its own. Any attempts to demonstrate her capabilities would likely either result in a humiliatingly absent flame or her hair set on fire. In fact, that thought made her sweep her hair off her shoulders automatically.

"So, yeah, it varies. Generally I'm pretty alright with it though, I guess," she said hesitantly, rocking on the balls of her feet.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Aria Vale"]

Solan smiled as she mentioned the ability and held his own hand out, in it a few shavings of wood which sparked and lit under his own control.

"Commanding Plantsurge is quite like Pyrokinesis actually, as odd as it sounds. The goal though is a much longer hold on the flow of energy into the plant. Yes, controlling plants will come much more easily but when you are doing so for extended periods of time, or even urging their growth, it is good that you have some background with Pyrokinesis as it will be a great tool to help me explain things to you."

His hand closed around the flame, putting it out and looking towards the space around him. He needed something easy to work with at first and e found it soon after, to which he waved his hand for her to follow.

"We will start with these vines, something that is easily grown and manipulated. You will start with the latter, but first, sit down and center yourself, however, it is that you do so. Whether you draw power from emotions, or peace, or whatever it is that you do to do so, simply get the flow of the force ready so that we can begin."

While she would get ready, he would start coaxing the vine around his arm, bringing it slowly down and laying it out on the ground between them, he was careful with it, not wanting to damage the plant while the woman was busy preparing in whatever way she needed to. Some drew on the force more slowly and he fully understood this.

Aria observed keenly as Solan gave his own demonstration of pyrokinesis, looking impressed as he controlled the flames easily. One day.

Then upon his indication, she sat down and began channelling the Force. The first few times learning a skill when one had to spend a good while meditating and drawing power were never fun, especially for Aria who got impatient quite quickly when drifting about her own mind, but she knew that it was important and so put all her concentration into establishing the flow of the Force.

After a minute or two, Aria felt less there but more receptive to the Force and so gave a nod - she would probably lose the connection if she spoke - to indicate that she was ready for the next step.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom