Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech PL-2020 HORNET

Status
Not open for further replies.
images%204_zps6sbt0srr.jpeg

Intent : To create lightweight ion blaster for sale and distribution by Pryde Labs

Image source: Here

Canon Link: N/A

Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Name : Raging Hornet

Manufacturer : Pryde Labs

Affiliation : open market

Model : Pryde Labs, Model# 2020

Modularity : Clip size, suppressor.

Production : Mass-Produced

Material : Lightweight Duranium alloy, Synthetic Hurrikane Crystal focusing lens, Ionized tibanna gas, Isotope 5

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification : ion Blaster pistol

Size : average

Weight : heavy

Ammunition Type : Ionized Tibanna gas, Isotope 5 powercells

Ammunition Capacity : 50 (Isotope 5 power cell), 100 (tibana gas canister)

Reload Speed : average

Effective Range : Personal

Rate of Fire : average

Stopping Power : Average/ High vs droid

Recoil : low

SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths :

Droid Slayer The ionization of the bolts cause added damage and systems malfunctions VS Droids and other mechanical devices.

Compact : Due to its small size the PL-2020 is easily concealable in a space as small as a jacket pocket.

Low recoil A low recoil give the Raging Hornet devastating accuracy at close range allowing normally for even up to the fourth consecutive shot to still hit close to the initial target

Weaknesses

Wheres the beef? what it makes up for with spunky attitude it lacks it outright stopping power.

The whites of their eyes due to its compact nature and low stopping power the Hornet is best when used at close range... You wont be popping headshot from across the field

DESCRIPTION lightweight and Ionized the PL-2020 is the perfect blaster to handle those pesky droids... Or the neighbors bantha that keeps dumping in your yard

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Jayce Pryde"]

Jayce Pryde said:
Image source: Here

This is a better and more accurate image source. Please amend accordingly.

Jayce Pryde said:
Manufacturer : Pryde Labs

Please hyperlink the manufacturer (in this case the company page).

Jayce Pryde said:
Effective Range : close
Rate of Fire : Semi auto

These are not acceptable ratings for these fields. Please consult the template and, again, amend accordingly.

Runi Verin

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

Jayce Pryde said:
Effective Range : medium
Medium isn't a rating either, I'm afraid. I believe you mean Average.

Although even assuming this, the rating balance for the weapon overall is completely out of whack. You're coming in at a good five above.

I highly recommend you address this by decreasing the production, increasing the weight and retooling a few of the other ratings accordingly, but how you exactly go about this is entirely up to you.

Runi Verin

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

Jayce Pryde said:
Affiliation : Limited production
This isn't an appropriate Affiliation. I think you meant Closed-Market. It also seems to be in contradiction to the following section -

Jayce Pryde said:
Production : Mass-Produced

Is this sidearm at Mass production or Limited Production? If it is the former, then the sidearm is still four ratings over. With the latter, it is two.

Runi Verin

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

Sorry for not getting back to you on this sooner, it's been one heck of a crazy week.

To answer your question, the ratings all have an assigned value to them. This is either positive or negative. In order to achieve balance, you want them to come at a score of 0 (although any negative score is also acceptable).

Below is a break down of what those scores look like.

• Production: Unique (-4) , Semi-Unique (-3), Limited (-2), Minor (-1) , Mass-Produced (0).
  • Size: Very Small (+2), Small (+1), Average (0), Large (-1), Very Large (-2) and Extreme (-3).
  • Weight: Very Light (+2), Light (+1), Average (0), Heavy (-1), Very Heavy (-2) and Extreme (-3).

• Reload Speed: None (-3), Very Slow (-2), Slow (-1), Average (0), Fast (+1), Very Fast (+2) and Extreme (+3).
  • Effective Range: Point Blank (-2), Personal (-1), Average (0), Long Range (+1), Battlefield (+2), and Extreme (+3).
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low (-2), Low (-1), Average (0), High (+1), Very High (+2), and Extreme (+3).
  • Stopping Power: Very Low (-2), Low (-1), Average (0), High (+1), Very High (+2), and Extreme (+3).
  • Recoil: None (+3), Very Low (+2), Low (+1), Average (0), High (+1), Very High (+2), and Extreme (+3).)

Runi Verin

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

You're fine if your Effective Range is Point Blank. I think you'll want Personal to give this a bit of flexibility and range, however.

If you follow this recommendation, you'll need to drop a rating. I would suggest production or perhaps even increasing the weight.

Runi Verin

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

Much, much better. Only nitpick is that you need to correct the rating here. It should read Personal.

Jayce Pryde said:
Effective Range : low

Once that has been done, tag me again and I will approve.

Thanks for working so hard on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom