Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pilgrimage to Coruscant [Open]

| @[member="Veltraa"] | @[member="MAI"] | @[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] | @[member="Davin"] | @[member="Yasuo"] |

Ella lowered herself into the seat and gave the officer a smile before saying to him, "Take a seat. You don't have to leave. This is your ship, after all and I could do with all the help I can get."
"Thank you, madam," he replied, sitting next to her.

With the gentlemen's help, Ella shifted through the CCTV recording in the cargo bay. The position of the camera and the men made it difficult to see what happened. All that the Jedi Padawan saw was the first man hit by something. The camera visibly caught his head rolling to the ground, quickly followed by his body. Ella had to hold her mouth with her hand to stop herself from throwing up. Then the second man was hit by something as well. He too joined his colleague on the ground. A minute later, a droid rolled by and left the bay via an access hatch custom made for droids.

"Do those hatches have cameras in there too?" she asked.
"No madam. We're under budget, you see, because of the war, so CCTV wasn't thought to be necessary in those places. Cost effective, you see?" replied the man.
"I can think of several reasons why a camera or two would be necessary in there," she murmured. "This being one of those reasons. We have to find that droid. Maybe it can tell us who was responsible for this." Rising to her feet, she turned to the officer and said, "You stay here. See if you can find anything." Taking out her datapad, she plugged it into the terminal and made file copies of the past week of CCTV recorded on the transport. Better to be safe than sorry.

Turning to the door, she made her way down the flight of stairs to find Yasuo, to tell him what she had found. With a little bit of help, maybe they could find this machine murderer, even if they didn't know it was the droid responsible for the murder.

Rexus Drath

"Public transportation sucks!" Gunnery Sergeant Rexus Drath was on his way to Coruscant to see an old friend, he had taken a few weeks of leave to help get his mind straight. It was her birthday tomorrow and Rex would make sure he brought the woman flowers even if he had to enter republic space to get to her. Dressed is normal clothing of baseball hats and loose fitting clothing he sighed and awaited as this slug of a transport ship would make it to the republic capital. It pained him to think of it as that, all the men and women who had died in the ancient order for it be the emperor's home just to now be a mockery of what it once was.

Sitting in his seat in the main cabin of the ship he sighed still and hated the waiting, every time he asked one of the stewardesses a question on why he could get up and stretch his legs they gave him some BS answer and told him to remain seated. "Enough." the six foot eleven giant of a man stood up and began to walk down the halls of the ship. He was fed up with the half assed answers and looked to go find his own. Something was going down on this ship and if it made him late to see her after all these years he would raise hell on this ship.

Moving down the halls he found a group of staff whispering about a murder that had taken place in the cargo hold. Sighing once more he got his answer, moving dowards closer to the murder scene he came across a group of colorful characters. A few Jedi, some loud mouthed chicken headed ho, and a Chiss man in a uniform. Rexus was there when they took the home planet of his race, it felt good knocking them off their high horse but that was a story for another time. "I'm sorry sir, but you will have to return to your seat." one of the security officers said to Rex. "You will let me through." Rex said to the man waving his hand in front of him."Um, no I won't. What was that supposed to be?" the guard replied to the gunnery sergeant of the empire. "A distraction." Rex quickly punched the man across the jaw and caught him before he could crash to the ground. "Kill bodies bro." he said chuckling afterwards setting the knocked out man on the steps.

Walking forward he walked up to the two Jedi padawans and waved at them in a friendly demeanor, "I'm gonna do your jobs for you now!" he said without looking back at them, he literally had no idea of what the details of the case were but at the rate the Jedi were going they would be here for a while and he was not going to miss her birthday over the incompetence of two Jedi padawan who had just grown out of their training sabers.

@[member="Ella Nova"] @[member="Yasuo"]

On the way through the lower decks of the transport's passenger 'storage' (as it seemed to be for some), Veltraa noticed that many were tucking into warm meals and talking quietly or laughing amongst each other. Good. Unaware of anything happening, still. The security teams had so far not placed any obvious changes in their patrols, as none had been seen down here, or blockades between decks or even check points between rooms.

This lack of noticeable secure presence in even the lowest, poorest reaches of the metal hulk that floated through space, gave Veltraa an intense 'feeling' of foreboding. Not for more deaths, or even the discovery of the real murderer, but for the security that was not seen. The cameras that could be anywhere; the possibility of miniature security droids watching and scrutinising every move that every being, whether organic or not.

As soon as that thought was conceived, the optical scanners of the droid body picked up three figures with visible, but holstered, blaster rifles making their way through the crowd dressed in rather important and official-looking uniforms. Security. Of all the things and of all the times. Before they had spotted the out-of-place utility droid it moved towards a small service hatch that, so far displayed no fault. Metal hands moved this way and that, twisting and contorting until the patrol passed by. If anything the trio would not see the droid, but should they do, it moved in ways to look like it was being useful and following orders: repairing a broken and faulty hatch in one of the busiest places on the ship.

But then Veltraa realised: this service hatch, one of many, could lead to almost anywhere on board. Even the bridge, or at the very least, close to it. So without trying to arouse too much attention, metal hands and digits manipulated the metal door to pry it from its casing. From there the droid crawled in, and while it was roomy for the slender body of the droid, it did not allow for the freedom of movement hallways and corridors did: he could not turn around, and could not close the hole he had made. It was risky considering who had only just walked by, but a risk worth taking to getting Veltraa to the bridge.

@[member="Ella Nova"] @MAI @Patricia Susan Garter @Davin @Yasuo

Atlas Kane

A
''Yes, that seems like a good idea. I'll stay here and try to find any other clues Security might have missed.'' He said to Ella. She was a good padawan and she would certainly be a good Jedi, but his word didn't mean much. After all, he was still a Padawan himself and only a Knight or a Master can judge if a Jedi was talented or not. Then there was a sound of someone getting hit and Yasuo turned towards the source of the sound. It was a civilian who had just punched one of the Security Guards of the ship. He didn't want the civilian getting into trouble so he decided to step in and stop anything worse from happening. But before he could do that the man stepped up to him and the other Jedi and complained about them not being able to do their jobs properly. ''You go look through the CCTV recordings, I'll handle this.'' He said to the other Padawan aboard the ship.

He turned towards the civilian then and stopped a couple of guards behind him from pulling him away with force. ''That won't be necessary, I can handle this. You should better get your friend over there to the med bay, he might have a serious injury.'' He told the guards. They just looked at him confused, but then they decided to leave him alone and get the man to the med bay, like Yasuo had instructed them to. Afterwards he turned back to the man in front of him and said ''If you think you can help us, I would welcome you to do so. We need every bit of help we can get and it is encouraging seeing civilians acting voluntarily. But I will have to ask you to stop injuring our security forces, they aren't just expendable soldiers you know.'' He wanted to sound friendly, but at the same time he didn't want to appear too friendly, so as not to give the civilian the idea he could just do anything and Yasuo would stand up for him every time.

@[member="Veltraa"] @[member="Rexus Drath"] @[member="Ella Nova"] @[member="MAI"] @[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] @[member="Davin"]

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
Looking to the Chiss I said "Then perhaps you would like to accompany me on our own investigation." I changed my scanners to detect for the same metal from the crime scene, finding another sign of it nearby. It was on the ground, clearly left from a foot. Either it was a droid or the person in question wore metal on their shoes. "Come with me." I informed the Chiss before walking down towards the storage area. From there I discovered more traces, no sign of the actual weapon or culprit as of yet. As we walked we passed by three officials, I looking back to the Chiss and saying "Deal with them. I will further investigation." More traces on the floor, very small and unnoticeable to the naked eye. I found where they'd stopped: a broken service hatch.

@Veltraa @Ella Nova @Patricia Susan Garter @Davin @[member="Yasuo"]

The droid Davin had began following was quite interesting. One could obviously tell it wasn't organic by just looking at it, but her personality seemed...a bit more unique than the kind that he'd encountered. The Admiral tucked that information in the back of his mind for later reference and focused his thoughts on the matter at hand. "That'd be far more entertaining than waiting around to be murdered." He added with a snort of cynicism, beguiling the Jedi's orders for them to stay in one place while a suspect still ran loose.

The droid motioned and called for him to follow, to which he offered another oh-so cheery reply. "On my way, master." The Chiss offered a little, satisfied sigh as he trailed the bot. Soon enough, the passed several security officers who just happened to take notice of a Chiss Admiral following a partially sentient droid through a ship with a free murderer. Barely noticing the droid's order to distract them, Davin was already on them. "Hello gentlemen." The Admiral smiled lightly, "I'm just taking this droid up to the maintenance bay. Seems it had a bolt loose or somethin'."

They eyed his ranks again and shrugged, walking off.

Rexus Drath

"I've seen mall cops more competent than your security forces." Rexus fed up at this point, normally he was a cheery go getting type of guy. But if you make him late for his best friend's eight hundred and thirtieth birthday he's more than a little upset. Rex wasn't a civilian, he was a non commissioned officer of the Galactic Emperor's Own Legion. He was probably the most qualified person on this ship to fight off whatever was killing these people. The Atrisian looking Jedi looked like he had seen a fight or two though and he was more than likely a competent fighter, kind of like a samurai jack for the republic. Chuckling at his own thought Rexus towered over the man standing at six eleven he spoke to Jedi. "Kill, ready to help you kids out."

The girl looked like she had never been in a fight, much less seen a dead body. "So let's skip the whole introductions, if this guy kills you both I don't really care to get attached." Rex wasn't a big fan of Jedi but these two were kids and he didn't want to feel responsible if they kicked the bucket. He just wanted to remain a civilian to them, not soldier, and not even what he really was. That was something he would not reveal unless it was absolutely needed. "So can you guys just use the force to find the killer? I mean that's how it works with the force?" trying to seem like he knew nothing he was just hoping the two had a lead so the they could waste this guy and he could move on with his life.

@[member="Ella Nova"] @[member="Yasuo"]

The journey through the service hatch had been swift with little interruption, which had been both good and bad. Good for the obvious reason of whoever was looking for Veltraa (if anyone at all had discovered the identity of the killer) had not found him, but bad just in case they already knew his location and placed a trap around any number of corners. Nevertheless it was a good, long crawl through these tunnels and while robot joints don't ache or begin to hurt, it became a bit boring having to crawl most places - if, of course, he was not climbing up shafts.

Towards the end of the journey through the bowels of the vessel Veltraa's optical sensors peaked with a distinct anomaly: light. He had detected in the darkness, at the far end of this tunnel a spike in the light frequencies which he hoped meant his destination was getting nearer and nearer. Although he could not feel joy, or relief, or excitement, the small circuitry linking the droid body to his fragmented being burned ever-so-slightly with activity. This activity with circuitry (often faulty in simple droids like the one he inhabited) usually lead to problems later on, but he liked to pretend it was excitement.

The metal hatch in which Veltraa had travelled flew off across the floor after both his metal hands had exerted enough force to buckle the ventilated hatch and rip the bolts in half. Obviously, beforehand, checks were made to ensure no one had been casually walking past when the hatch broke free of its casing, but that didn't stop the droid's head from looking both ways before climbing out.
At a time like this it may have been appropriate to mention something about stretching one's legs. But, of course, Veltraa had no memory of his real legs, so made no attempt to continue the trend he had observed. Not that it would have made much sense anyway due to him being without any company.

When, finally, he looked up and around, he found himself near-enough where he wanted to be. Despite not arriving exactly where he wanted, the service hatches and tunnels, he found, to be quite the time-saver and avoider of all-things sentient. A brisk walk and then the games would begin.

@Ella Nova @MAI @Patricia Susan Garter @Davin @Yasuo

Following the empty hallway down the only way he could go without finding locked doors or walls, Veltraa eventually discovered a junction branching off in three directions: the hallway continued on directly ahead, but made a turn not shortly afterwards; to the immediate left was another hallway down which stood, visibly, a group of three turbolifts; and to the right a short set of stairs. Six steps, Veltraa had counted. After that he could see a large metal door that looked more like an entrance to a vault than to engineering (which was painted across the walls in clear black letters against a light grey wall).

Even when in scanning the door through thermal imaging, the cold, thick door gave no indication as to what was inside. All the better. A small console stood to the very right of the door, obviously used to scan identification cards and so forth. This, Veltraa found, to be an acceptable means of entry into the otherwise impenetrable area.

Accessing the console was easy, but getting that heavy-locked door open was slightly different. It had been a long time since Veltraa had to try and bypass security filters to find and locate lists of code and streams of data. But sure enough it had been done. In a small list in a file within a file, he had discovered all the identification cards that had been used to open the door since departure. Luckily for the ship, this console only linked it to the door and to the console on the other side. Instead of having free reign of the entire vessel, Veltraa would have to stick to this body for another few hours.

The door opened slowly, after the last name to appear on the list was used to make the console think it had just been swiped again. The heavy door was thicker than he had imagined but definitely set with bolts of a shiny, denser metal. Hopefully the noise of the door wouldn’t attract too much attention from the surrounding area, but the sound of that would soon be the least of his worries.

As soon as Veltraa slipped in, the door started to close. It would take a few more minutes to be completely shut, however. A quick scan of the room before him revealed no organics, three doors – each at the other end of the room but with at least two metres between them – a bench to the left and a console station atop that. Both consoles were on, but the left appeared to have something playing in on it. Whoever was there was soon to return. Without any further hesitation Veltraa took the middle doorway.

The hallway soon opened up into a large room filled with a repetitive and drawn-out groan. The sound was regular, but strained even the software of the droid’s body. Walking along in near silence compared to the power of the generators he approached a droid of identical design doing maintenance work on a faulty panel on the inoperable generator. The innocent droid spotted Veltraa’s approach and turned, registering the number 100.1 printed on its shoulder pad. Recognising the number activated a set of programming that Veltraa had added to the droid during its activation in the cargo bay. Now, instead of following the orders of the sentient beings it once called masters, the droid moved towards the closest operational power generator. Using the same hatch it had done for the previous one, the droid began to rip out various pieces of wire and metal before attempting to climb inside.

The droid must have done some damage to the generator, because by the time Veltraa was in another access hatch, a large explosion rocked the ship.

@Ella Nova @MAI @Patricia Susan Garter @Davin @Yasuo

| @[member="Veltraa"] | @[member="MAI"] | @[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] | @[member="Davin"] | @[member="Yasuo"] |
[OOC: Sorry for the late reply guys. Let's get the thread back up.]

Ella stopped mid way down the flight of stairs when she felt a disturbance in the Force. Her feelings were confirmed when the explosion created by Veltraa rocked the ship. She flung a hand out to catch herself from her fall on a railing. Her arm hurt from catching the side and stopping her fall, but nothing too serious. Just a minor strain from it. Hopping the rest of the stairs down, she approached Yasuo and said, "What happened?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom