Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHU Bacta Dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
Portable Healing Unit (PHU)

Function:
Healing device for use in combat on the move.
Replacement for standard Medpac system.
Manufacturer:
N/A (Looking for willing manufacturers)
Affiliation:
Mandalorian (Subject to change by manufacturer affiliation)
Production:
Mass
Dimensions:
Width: 15cm
Length: 10cm
Height: 25cm
Description:
A small box, the PHU is designed to be attached to the back of one's clothing/armour. It is designed to contain two medium-sized Bacta-tanks, the Bacta inside sent through a set of tubes to a secondary reservoir. In order for the equipment to function, an implant must be installed into the brain. The implant will then locate the sources of pain or injury via information taken from the pain-centre of the brain, using the information to direct the Bacta inside the reservoir into the bloodstream through a pipe in the neck. The Bacta will be administered to the correct location, healing small wounds quickly, and larger wounds over time, while allowing the owner to continue tasks they are performing. Bacta refills are required, but only after prolonged usage of the PHU.

(Hopefully there isn't something else that does this same job but better)

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
That sounds good. I designed it purely to help me and my comrades through the various knocks and injuries caused by fighting that are irritating to manually heal.

Guy's, the Factory is not a social area. It's not strictly against the rules but keep posts you make in here to suggestions on the tech submitted and only that. Leave the rest of Staff. Also Submissions will be reviewed as staff deems it so if you have to wait a few days, just wait we do pay attention.

Now as for this submission. In my opinion it would be much simpler to have sensors within the suites(since this is meant for Mandalorians) that detect injuries instead of...well implanting a device in the brain where it can cause damage.

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
Yeah, but what if the sensors go down? The implant seems more reliable to me.

Silvia Starfire

S
But in theory the chip is implanted well enough that it won't be bothered by a jostling and if an emp hits you.. well you have bigger issues, ( and you can always have it replaced)

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
Implants have been in the galaxy for millenia, so I'm sure they're advanced enough not to be disrupted by being hit on the head, Moridin.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
KOTOR RPG equipment slot reference. Lol. Is anybody else more worried about Bacta pumped into the bloodstream. That sounds like a bad way to die to me. :D

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
I'd never even heard of that. Well, there you go. I just need one of those xD You may as well close this thread then :) Thanks Moridin!
I've even played the game they're in. And as for the KoTOR thing, I love that game.
Bacta in the bloodstream? It would be pumped in procedural amounts, as to prevent clogging the arteries.

EDIT
That implant is actually different, it helps the user deal with Bacta, whereas the PHU distributes it via an implant. The two in conjunction would be useful to heal critical injuries, however.

How could an implant hold enough bacta to be worth anything? Moreover, how would it be reused? Do you have to undergo surgery every time you want it refilled? Also, the EMP argument holds little weight in this particular discussion, since it could be applied to just about anything technology-related as a drawback. Comes with the territory.

The most logical thing would be to simply have a bacta injection system rigged within your armor. Which, if I recall correctly, is pretty much standard by this point in most military-grade armor systems.

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
Also, the implant does not hold bacta, the bacta is stored in a small container seperate from the implant, as described in the main post. However, if this is in most military grade armour, me and my Mando comrades are missing out, it seems.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Katarn Class Commando Armor features a notable Survival Pack System. Featuring an integrated 'Bacta Dispenser'. Allowing soldiers to heal in the field. I'd like to see this submission use this technology. Rather than have it ram directly into the blood-stream during combat. Bacta is more an Oil, than it is a Combat Stim anyway. You sure ain't suppose to drink the stuff. Bleh.

Kal. How do you feel about this? Creating a 'Bacta Dispenser' rather than a 'Bacta Auto-healing-blood-stream Injector'. Your thoughts. :D

Akaan'ade Be'Solus

A
I believe such things already exist, and therefore it might be a more viable option for you just to deny this, and I may conjure something more viable later. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom