Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Phrik Weave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Image Source:
Intent: TO create a new weave and material for use in gear and equipment
Development Thread:

Manufacturer: Sasori
Model: Weave
Affiliation: Private Market
Modularity: Can be added into armor/clothing/weapons
Production: Semi-Unique (Only A Handful of Characters)

Material:
  • Phrik
Classification: Other
Weight: .5kg
Quality: 3
Special Features:

• Resistance: Phrik weaving being added to armor to make it more protective against blasters and lightsabers. Threading it much like IMperial knight armor and with the weaving it is more flexible for protective cloaks and clothing.
Description: Designed and created using the loom from Sasori the phrik weave is made for armor and clothing. Tested to resist minorly lightsabers but not block them as much as a spolid plate it. It can beef up protection if weaved into an outfit like a lattice or provide stronger protection if weaved tightly like for a kama. Much the same way armorweave can be versatile or even beskar can be made into strongs and cables. It can raised somewhat the quality for standard clothing protection wise but you would need a full suit of it to create a protective shell. Instead it is used more akin to synthweaved materials.
Primary Source:

Special Note:

*Obtaining the weave does not mean the restricted materials development for the Pyronium is not needed. A substantial mention/development thread using the material weave needs to be in the development thread or have a development thread for the item

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Matsu Ike"], this looks pretty good conceptually. I could be wrong on this, but since this looks to me like it's intended to be an armor material. Because of that, I'd like to see it expressed in the armor template even though it's a material.

I imagine that probably seems a bit awkward since it's not a particular piece of armor, so I'd suggest looking at example and this one. The main reason for using the armor template is to better express it's strength at protecting against certain types of damages as a base material.

[member="Cira"] [member="Reshmar"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

*Obtaining the weave does not mean the restricted materials development for the Phrik is not needed. A substantial mention/development thread using the material weave needs to be in the development thread or have a development thread for the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom