Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Phantasm Drones - Kypseli-type drone, Illusion Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Steal from Tony Stark and get some awesome drones for Kelsie.
Image Source: N/A (will be added at a later date)
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/146870-kypseli-type-drone/

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: CIS, modified by Kelsie Sylvan and Missy
Affiliation: Kelsie Sylvan
Model: Kypseli-type drone
Production: Semi-unique
Material: Durasteel, weapon components, electronic components, other

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Illusion drone
Length: 1.0 meters
Width: 1.4 meters
Height: 0.8 meters
Armament: Average

• Concussion loadout

1 blaster cannon

• 2 heavy concussion weapons

• 1 miniature ordnance launcher

[*]
Slugthrower loadout

• 1 blaster cannon

• 2 rotating repeating slugthrower cannons

• 1 miniature ordnance launcher

[*]
ARC Caster loadout

• 1 blaster cannon

• 2 ARC casters

• 1 ordnance launcher

[*]
Missile loadout

• 1 blaster cannon

• 6 miniature ordnance launchers

[*]
Flame loadout

• 1 blaster cannon

• 2 flamethrowers

• 1 ordnance launcher

Defenses: Average

• Durasteel shell

• Minor shielding
​​Squadron Count: Extreme (28)
Maneuverability Rating:

• In Atmosphere: Very High

• In Space: Average
Speed Rating:

• In Atmosphere: Very Low

• In Space: Moderate
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

STANDARD FEATURES
  • Ion engines
  • Droid brain
  • Atmospheric Entry Systems
  • Recording/Surveillance Systems
  • Other standard drone systems

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Advanced Communications Array
  • Advanced repulsorlift array
  • Easy-replace modularity system
  • Advanced sensor systems
  • Illusion Technology
  • Miniature grabber arms
  • Thrust-trace dampers
  • Missy
  • Sound-dampening field generator

STRENGTHS

Swarm: An incredibly high squadron count and high connectivity between each drone makes swarm tactics incredibly effective. Through Missy, Kelsie’s AI, their effectiveness in groups is extremely high.
Tiny: The drone is compact in comparison to other starfighters and droid starfighters, making it very difficult to hit and even occasionally overlooked by sensors.
Maneuverable: The drones can move side to side, up and down, and are generally incredibly mobile in atmosphere.
Illusion Tech: Using a highly advanced holoprojector system, the modified Kypseli-types are able to create incredibly realistic visual and aural illusions. In groups such illusions could reach the size of starships, but even individual drones can create illusions of sentients or other creatures. It’s able to replicate physical damage and attacks by using its own weapon systems. Additionally it can visually cloak itself and activate minor stealth systems to hide, even while casting an illusion.

WEAKNESSES

Space: The drone's main role is an atmospheric control drone. It's less effective and maneuverable in space, though it is able to move faster to enter atmosphere more quickly. Many of the variants have weaponry that is significantly less effective or even useless in void combat, such as the concussion weaponry or the flamethrowers.
Ion/EMP: Ion weaponry is more effective against the internal wiring of the drone.
Jamming: Communication disruption between the home ship/base can lower the effectiveness of the drones.
Illusion: The illusion tech can only do so much -- any amount of solid scanning should be able to see through the illusions, particularly thermal, gravitic, molecular, and magnetic sensors can pick up the drone while visually cloaked. Interacting with the illusions tends to make them fall apart quickly, especially when under scrutiny of multiple people. Complex projections usually need to be formulated beforehand (though with Missy they can usually be created much more quickly).
Small Arms: Due to the size constraints of the drones, their armaments are heavily downscaled and ammunition limited. This makes them significantly less effective against larger armored targets such as capital ships or even heavily armored tanks or vehicles.

DESCRIPTION

The Phantasm drone is the latest innovation from a certain Kelsie Sylvan. Her work with the CIS, particularly the Ministry of Secrets, has reminded her of the value of deception and stealth -- working from the shadows is hard, so she stepped it up a notch when modifying a recently bought batch of Kypseli-type drones.

As such, the Phantasm relies on illusion technology, which is what differentiates it from anything else currently on the market. The drones have the capability of creating strong illusions that feel real or sometimes perhaps even hyper-real to the target. One drone has the power to cast some very convincing illusions, but when they work in a swarm, they become much more dangerous, capable of conjuring nightmare-inducing scenes.

However, the Phantasm does have several drawbacks; it is best used planet-side, for space makes it woozy, and a solid ion or EMP strike could completely take a drone out, and while the illusions may seem real, attempting to interact with them may lead to the illusion breaking.

Specific Weapon Capabilities

Concussion Loadout: Concussion weapons short range, blasts of force emitted from the large circular emitters on each side, force disperses by around 30 meters but at close range can severely concuss and render unconscious any sentients, as well as knocking them back. ~12 micro missiles for ordnance launcher.
Slugthrower Loadout: Fires .48 caliber bullets, ~3000 rpm, ~1500 rounds. ~12 micro missiles for ordnance launcher.

ARC caster Loadout: ARC casters equivalent to standard personnel level ARC caster weaponry.
Missile Loadout: ~12 micro missiles for each ordnance launcher.
Flame Loadout: Flamethrower effective range ~40 meters, maximum ~70m, enough fuel for ten minutes of continuous flame. ~12 micro missiles for ordnance launcher.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Looking good. My only pause on the approve on my end is the weapon load outs for these little things.

Kelsie Sylvan said:
Armament: Average

Not sure that entirely checks out given the weaponry. I'd personally be a lot more comfortable if this was moderate, but that would obviously require a trade off elsewhere. Alternative would be to retool some of the gear to make it a little less intense.

[member="Runi Verin"] thanks!

Yeah, I was a little iffy and I wasn't sure how to balance it, though now that I think about it I might have a balancing weakness. Basically, due to the size of the drones, the weaponry needed to be downscaled heavily in comparison to the normal weapons. Due to this, the drones are more ineffective against larger targets, and weapons like the ordnance launchers and slugthrowers have highly limited ammunition.

I can mark down specifics for each weapon in the weakness if requested.

Would this be acceptable?

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

I think that should be reasonable, yes. I'd personally lean towards specifying for each weapon if only to avoid any future possible confusion if/when this is used in pvp. I won't push this as mandatory, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom