Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Saber Silencer

swiss-arms-silencer-small-1.jpg

http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/8e94b9347e01b77eb5544a09ce3e947a/s/w/swiss-arms-silencer-small-1.jpg
Intent: A handy lightsaber mod
Manufacturer: Vi'kas Mirtis
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Vi'kas Mirtis
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Phrik, Acoustic sound-absorbing gel/foam
Description: This is a handy little lightsaber mod that Vi'kas put together for himself. This is a fitted silencer that fits around the blade emitter of the Lightsaber. It silences the saber so when the blade ignites, it makes no noise. It's quite small, smaller than a blaster silencer, at least. As Vi'kas is an assassin, this tool would be handy in his line of work. To prevent the blade from slicing through the saber, the silencer is made of Phrik, which is lightsaber-resistant.

@Vi'kas Mirtis - The blade of the saber would have to pass through the silencer that is fitted around the emitter of the saber much like the bullet of a gun must pass through a silencer to work. Unfortunately, with physics and science, the blade of pure plasma/laser-y energy of a lightsaber would pretty much melt through your gel and durasteel silencer within a few seconds. I am likely going to deny this unless you can come up with a much different way for it to function, but wanted to give you the chance to do so first before I denied it.

Ok.... The foam is still not lightaber resistant, so it's likely going to melt from the phrik.... I appreciate the effort to make this work, but i'm denying it base on unsound mechanics. Feel free to second chance it, I just don't see it working well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom