Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Perpetrator Multi-Munitions Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ascend_shotgun_scene.jpg

Image Source:
Google search- sci fi rifles

Intent:
A new weapon system to expand DTI inventory

Development Thread:
N/a

Manufacturer:
DeathTech Incorporated

Model:
Perpetrator Multi-Munition Rifle

Affiliation:
Open Market

Modularity:
Sights only

Production:
Mass

Material:
Durasteel
Miscellaneous Components

Classification:
Blaster Rifle / Flechette Launcher

Size:
Hand Held

Length:
92 cm (extended)
70 cm (collapsed)

Weight:
7.1 kg

Ammunition Type:
Power cell
Gas canister
Flechette Canisters

Ammunition Capacity:
P.C.- 50 shots
G.C.- 350 shots
F.C.- 4 rounds loaded

Effective Range:
300 meters (Blaster)
60 meters (Flechettes)

Rate of Fire:
Fire Select- Full Auto, Semi Auto (Blaster)
Semi Auto (Flechettes)

Special Features:
+Collapsible Butt Stock
+Built in Range Finder
+Programmable Flechette Rounds, Impact or Proximity
+Impact Flechette Rounds burst in Two (2) meter cone
+Proximity Flechette Rounds burst in Two (2) meter cloud
-Heavyweight

Description:
The Perpetrator Multi-Munitions Rifle is not a new concept, just a new design. The collapsible butt stock brings the weapon in close to the shooters chest allowing better maneuverability in tight spaces, where the rifle makes the most of it's full auto blaster fire setting. Extending the stock, switching to semi auto, and the addition of a wide variety of scopes and sights, gives the rifle all the control the shooter will need to make precision fire at great distances possible.

The Flechette Launcher is fairly self explanatory. A fire selector stud on the side of the forward grip toggles between proximity or impact settings for the round in the chamber. The rifle's built-in range finder determines the distance to a target and sets a delay on each proximity round as it's fired. When the round is half a meter from the target the round detonates into a two meter sphere of deadly razor sharp shrapnel. On the impact setting the round strikes a target and bursts into a two meter, forward blossoming, cone of razors. Intended to chew through cover an enemy might be using, duracrete walls for instance. On both setting the round detonates automatically at the end of it's range.

Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FC-1_flechette_launcher

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Sorry, I missed this one.

Virus Angel said:
Weight: 4.1 kg
Effective Range:
550 meters (Blaster)
125 meters (Flechettes)
The weight needs to increase some. 6-7 Kg is on the light side for a shotgun/blaster combo. Most blasters are 4ish Kg alone.

The range of all of them needs to be heavily reduced. 300m is probably the absolute maximum for the blaster and your average shotgun has a range of like 50m
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A280_blaster_rifle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M4

[member="Virus Angel"]
Blasters are notoriously shorter ranged than Slugthrowers, but have more killing power and aren't parabolic. So again, max is 300m.

That FC-1 weighs 20kg and has less ammo. I had been working under the assumption you wanted a shotgun/blaster but if you want something like that this is going to need an overhaul.

Ranges have been edited sir.

Additional, the Flechette Canister featured in the Perpetrator has a blast radius that is one fifth the size of the FC-1's, to me that speaks of a much smaller round. Furthermore I don't fire an anti-vehicle missile canister as the FC-1 does. I have also reduced the ammunition capacity to mirror the FC-1.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Virus Angel said:
Effective Range:
300 meters (Blaster)
100 meters (Flechettes)
I am gonna push you down closer to the 60m range. It is basically a 12 Gauge Shotgun loaded with really advanced flechette rounds. 50ish is the normal effective range for such a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom