Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal-errrrr, Throttle to the Metal

K, my companion droid since the very beginning stood next to me as the ship, The Dawn Treader, was being built. The small company of men were currently working on placing the last final parts on the ship. Mostly the engines, panels of Trimanitium platting, and the Trasparisteel windows on the ship. Installing them with droids, and mechanical arms to hold the glass steady. Placement was key with this. Even the slightest crack could mean the difference between flying amongst the stars, and dying.

The ship was beautiful. While I liked the sleek design of older ships that I once had, I like this. More blocky and flowing, rather than lean and built for stealth. No. I wanted a simple ship to be built for personal usage, as well as expand on the company to create more than just trinkets, and cool gadgets. Ships is where all the rage was at. Sure, arms and armor were great, and useful. But ship building was where you can get the money. Building them for a hobby, and even just saying "oh I own like three of those" makes it all worth it.

I smiled a little as I walked up to the men. Rolled up my sleeves, and began to work myself. Using a welder, a blow torch to cut some wires that were not needed, and even using the force to help lift the engine into the open back end of the wing. Fitting it in place, I kept it there till it was all welded on, and released it slowly. Feeling the tilting of the ship, I shook my head. Having the men moving the supports into the different position to resist the falling of the ship on it's side.

Oh this was going to be good. Building a ship with my own employees. And then taking a few of them for a ride after this to test the ship out.

As the engine was finally placed, We worked further onto the other side. Using the same idea. I worked on the welding, and since I was still semi-new to the idea of building ships by hand, I was asking what should I do, How should I do it, when and where. Trying to make sure I was doing it correctly. There was one time where I cut the wire a little too short, so they had me replace a few of them so they could make sure they would fit. My grey shirt was stained with oil, soot, and even dirt from the floor.

Standing up, I had help from one of the men. Garrond. He had been telling me what to do and how to do it. His attitude about all of this was questionable with the CEO of the company coming down himself to fix the ship. Even more so that he was a Rally Master with the Mandalorians, And a Jedi master in the Silver Jedi Council. Having all of these titles under my name, only to be getting my hands dirty. Smiling to him he then rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Why is it that the big man himself is coming down here?"

I thought about it for a moment. Looking him over, I smiled and nodded my head. Answering him.

"It's something for me. I don't want it, if I didn't work for it."

He smiled and understood my point. Clapping me on the back fairly hard before telling me to get back to welding, he then told his other men to leave a lot of the harder work for me. I looked back at him for a moment, before he winked. Seeing if I really would do all that was given to me.

And guess what?

I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom