Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peace is For The Best....

"Have you sent envoys to talk to them? Has diplomacy even been tried or are you relying on the Jedi to do that for you? You raise good questions, and you're doing fine talking to me. My question is, why have you not tried talking to the Empire? It's hard to get straight answers, and something worked out when the Republic acts as it does. Whats that old maxim?" Cavill clicked the map off and just sat there for a moment before answering his own question.

"Actions speak louder than words? You know this is true, we keep trying to get the biggest stick, yet we aren't walking silently. We keep taking and taking, setting a poor example the galaxy is following. Everyone watches what we do Senator, and after 400 years of darkness, and the Omni Crisis, are we still doing this? Hasn't the galaxy seen enough war? Shouldn't this be an age of peace and enlightenment where we simply educate and accept all peoples?"

Jacen was going on now, finally finding his stride.

"I've never spoken to an Imperial commander, I am from Serreno originally. Which is under Imperial control, and their policies are much more lenient than those in the Republic. I mean slavery? That's not even allowed in the big bad Empire that we all hear terrible things about, am I defending their actions? No, but I"m not going to agree with everything I've heard. Neither should you. Your lack of knowledge on the topic says volumes for the Senate, how can peace happen if there is no action to bring it? What Ardak Serifen seeks is the entire galaxy under the Republic, well as a "democracy" shouldn't we see that maybe not everyone wants the Republic?"

Cavill put his coffee down and leaned in close, his voice turning to a whisper.

"You speak of what you can't do, it only takes one voice to ignite a nation. One voice to get others to think, and when others join your voice. Then what can the Chancellor do if the Senate overrides him? The Jedi aren't our rules, the people rule us. It's why I"m here, talking to you now. I believe in democracy and peace...do you?"

@[member="Darren Brunswick"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom