Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying Dues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZsMtxomy28​

This world was different or maybe it was her, Sarianna had changed a little. More training, more purpose and running throughout the galaxy after fights wasn't exactly the best way to do things. She would be able to move though soon enough, teaching others who might want it battle meditation. Something she was getting better at since Sorel had shared that holocron with them all, more so since she had been working with a few of the other ones. To better focus and open her mind up to the others in the galaxy. She had even begun to feel it, her sphere of influence expanding outwards so that she would be able to touch minds faster, make her thoughts line up with theirs and go along their defenses until she could slip in and begin to influence them.

Not exactly what she wanted to think but the ability to alter minds with the force opened up a world of possibilities and with all of the attacks throughout the galaxy, all of the darkness it would serve well to have something of the lightside of the force there that could aid others. Granted as she stood still, her breathing slowed and careful with the wind, the snow that tickled her nose. She was here offering her respects to the fallen until she clasped her robes closed. The skyblue of the inner robes and the dark of the outer made her almost blend in at night but it was plain to see her with her long white silvery hair and robes. The high collar, the field kit on her thigh and her saber staff that was on her back. Tucked away at the small of it before she was approaching the village of the beorni and @Kiriko.

It certainly wasn't where she'd expected to end up, that much was the truth, but then ever since she'd arrived on Kashyyk the young Padawan seemed to find herself bouncing around, from planet to planet, city to city. She'd always thought that a Jedi would spend most of their in a temple, only leaving on missions to help the people. The rest of their time in thought, in training and preparation. And to be fair, she wasn't entirely wrong, the Jedi did spend most of their time training and practising...just not always in a temple. She'd heard a rumour in the temple, a story of the master headed out here who had learnt Battle Meditation and might be willing to teach her. She knew that she was chasing a ghost, a rumour but...that wasn't entirely bad if she came to it, it was a planet she'd never visited, a new adventure if nothing else. Slipping her hands into her pockets the Togruta bowed her head, trudging in towards the village in the distance. It was a long shot, but maybe she could find [member="Sarianna Misarr"] there. If not, well she'd just have to keep looking.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The jedi woman paused while she was moving through the snow and ice. She was able to feel all of it but she wasn't feeling the cold. Her robes, her outfit stayed there intact along with her circlet as she remained warm. She could sense something else... sense someone else as she turned and stood still. The white and blue of her robes as they gleamed in the light off the snow. Where she was looking and approached the one who was there. her saber on her hip and the three section staff was unique in many more ways. She had been working to upgrade it and perfect it almost but for now as she moved it served to act as a walking stick. "Welcome padawan." She didn't know who she was but the half miraluka and echani stood there prepared for anything that could hapen. The high colar of her robes, the utility belt and thigh pack with her equipment was there before she shook some snow from her white blonde and silver hair.

Well that was...actually just about what you expected from a Jedi Master. No matter who they were, no matter where you found them all Jedi Masters were the same, they all had to impress you, to show off. The things is...it was actually quite effective, every time. The Togruta paused, an amused smile playing across her lips as she let her toes curl into the ground, inclining her head towards the blonde woman. The young woman slipped her hands into her pockets, the cool air blowing across her skin sending a shiver down her spine as she offered Sarianna a smile, "Thank you Master, you're a hard woman to catch up with you know."

[member="Sarianna Misarr"]

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

She looked at her and spoke. "I am sorry, I didn't see you coming." She said it and it was sort of a private joke being she was a miraluka and blind.... she knew someone would get it if there was a larger group but no matter. She motioned with her hand and continued to walk towards the large village where threy could go. The beorni had plenty and were friends, with Kiriko she had learned a great deal about what they did... and where they went. Further up into the mountains was a smal retreat area she could go to teach in the calmness. Touching the minds of creatures around them would help to use the skills. "The village up ahead can help us get to the ice shelf there is a small temple ruin there for meditation and training."

“Really, I thought that I…” If it wasn’t so cold, and she didn’t think it would make her look like even more of an idiot, Asaraa would have face palmed in embarrassment. As it was she gave the Jedi Master a rueful smile, biting her lip in embarrassment, the sharp points of her teeth worrying her lower lip. “Ah…um…sorry.” Slipping her hands deeper into her pockets, and hunching down against the wind, bowing her head as she matched the Miraluka’s pace, “someone built a temple all the way out here?”

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"Jedi have built temples, outposts and retreats across the galaxy. Many of which are not remembered compared to the others." She was heading through it and the village of the massive bear like beings who were coming out. Artisan's much like Kiriko who had given her the idea for her saber. Thessia with its three sections, she was going over and looking at a few parts of it. SHe touched base with them and a small bottle was being left out for Kiriko of different things he liked. tea leaves mostly and a few crystals that he had used as an artisan. "In honor of Kirko a good friend." She said it but was going soon leaving them in peace and heading towards the mountain itself. "THe places where the force is strong are usually where temples are built but there are also places in the galaxy where it is just peaceful. Where you body can relax and mind be allowed to reach out. Training in techn iques such as battle meditation here is easier because you can learn to feel the minds, the hopes, the motivations of all those around yourself."

The young togruta glanced back over her shoulder at the bottle, it’s contents like an offering at a shrine to the fallen Jedi. Her blue eyes didn’t leave the scene, the village until the swirling snowflakes had hidden it from view, pulling a curtain of white over the scenery, like the curtain on the act of a play. “I’d heard of him, not much but the other masters talked about him, how he was a great artisan and the true meaning of a sacrifice for others, I wish I’d gotten to know him.”

The Padawan fell silent for a moment as she followed the Jedi Master up the mountain, arms wrapped tightly around herself as she tried to hold in her body heat. “Well, I mean, at least tell me they have heaters up there. I’d hate to learn to touch other minds only to catch my death of hypothermia.”

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

She was looking at her and held one of the fireglass braziers. "Yes we have a heater in case but a jedi can resist the cold.... or use one fo the force circlets that were made for them." She said it and held the circlet up. Beyond protecting from the environment it also made a lightsider feel more energized and calm. Sarianna led the way all up the mountain until the area looking out over the valley came into view. A thick white snow in the snow and ice with enough room to sit and a frozen over area. A home you stay in for a short time between meditations. Sarianna herself came up and set her pack down as she put the brazier between the two fo them and it was small but made to generate a lot of heat without the risk of fire and you could touch it. THe plasma that heated it up was contained under the glass.

The young togruta shrugged out of her backpack, letting it fall down to the frozen ground as she slipped closer to the brazier, reaching out to warm her hands next to the machine. "Now this is a pretty useful little gadget to have around on a planet like this." A soft sigh of pleasure escaped the young woman's lips as she felt the warmth spreading through her limbs, banishing the cold that had been pressing down on her senses only moments before. Feeling slightly more alive she let her lips curl up into a smile as she grinned at the older Jedi, "Well you know, there is something about the whole hardship making you a stronger person that I read somewhere...next time I'm bringing a space suit though."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"Hardship can strengthen you, it can make you better... but what use is hardship and the lessons it can teach you if you are going to be dead or missing. If you freeze to death out here and cannot be revived your lessons, your teachings, your experiences. All of it goes away." She said it and was not saying it to be cruel just as a point of fact, if you died knowing everything and never passed it along it really doesn't do much. "A wise jedi once said pass on what you have learned both the good and the bad, success and failure. Many only count and want to talk about when they succeeded, rarely talk about how or why they failed." She was looking at it and waited clearing with the force a section of the stone that would let them sit and reach out with the force for the beginnings of battle meditation.

The young woman held out her hand, palm up as she focused the force on it, a spark of flame appearing in her palm, twisting it’s way around her hand, a dancing flame tracing it’s way through the air before it wound it’s way around her arm, coming to rest on her palm before it winked out of existence. “You have no idea how much trial and error it took me to learn even this much, I completely get where you’re coming from. The man who's never lost has never had to push himself, had to try and learn. In the end, he’s doomed to failure, to stagnation. That's not a place I ever wanna end up, always grow and improve, no matter what it takes. But then, there are some people who had to pay a heavy heavy price for that knowledge, and that's a risk. Sometimes you have to let yourself almost freeze to death to figure out how to survive it right?"

@Sarianna Misarr

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Sarianna looked at her and gave a nod of her head to that. The padawan was understanding about it and she finished up moving around to sit down and motioned for her to come next to her. "You are correct, the one who never loses, who never fears is doomed to fail when it matters most." She remained there. "COme and sit, clear your mind and be prepared. You have learned the meditations to empty your mind and expand your sphere of influence outwards yes?" She said it and was prepared to explain as needed but she was hoping that they would be able to learn the skills. Sarianna herself was reaching out with the force itself as she could feel the minds of everyone here.

Asaraa nodded slowly as she padded around the brazier, hands still outstretched to the heat as she settled down, cross-legged on the floor, near the Jedi Master. "Yeah, that was one of the first things we learned, at the temple. I can't say I was every really good at it though, there was always something more interesting going on in the world out there that I wanted to get into, but I have been practising! Just...you know, interesting things happening all around us," she noted wryly. Even as she spoke the young woman closed her eyes, stretching out with the force as she focused on the world around her, letting it fill her thoughts, driving out any worries about how cold it was and curiosity about how the brazier worked.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Sarianna gave her a nod of her head. "Yes distractions can happen, they are going to happen. As jedi we will be surrounded by a million voices, wanting help and you will not be able to help everyone. It is not because you don't care but you will not have the ability to do it. You won't have the ability to help all of them." She was looking at her before she moved around with attention on the world when she spoke. "Now just still your mind, reach out and find my mind. Don't push into it, glide with it, try to fel my thoughts, try to mirror them so that your mental projections can go through my mental defenses as opposed to trying to break them down."

This was the oddest feeling, the emptiness wasn't something that she commonly embraced, it wasn't a part of how her relationship with the force normally was. The world around her always seemed to fill her senses, a constant awareness of everything around her. Ever since she'd been little she'd been aware of the world around her, the echolocation of the Togruta, not even the force, a constant buzz of the world around her. But to focus down on one person like this, she tentatively reached out to the older woman, tendrils of the force wrapping around her, not to hold Sarianna, the threads just pushed at her as the young woman sent her mind forward, trying to slip those tendrils of the force past her defenses and on into her mind.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

She could feel it, the touch against her mind and she was not going to block it but didn't open up to it fully. Allowing the mental defenses to allow the connection. "Now slowly align your thoughts with mine, think as I would think and understand what motivates me. What makes a jedi tick, what makes a battlemaster be able to surge into a fight. Your goal is not to read my mind as much as empathize and connect with me to be able to feel the sameness that I am and then you will slowly learn how to bolster it. To make the feelings that are needed so that the jedi with you can fight stronger, move faster and not get tired. You want to be the inspiration that allows them to push past the point."

Eyes still closed the young woman began working at her lower lip with her teeth, her face scrunched up in concentration as she pressed her mind against the older woman's as she let her thoughts spread out, diffusing through the woman's thoughts as she tried to focus her thoughts along the same lines of the woman. "This is...harder than I thought." Her voice was clipped, short as her hands clenched at her side. She could feel the iron determination of the woman's thoughts, the strength at the core of her being she threw her mind against, shoring and pushing it forward. "Like this?"

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"yes like that. THe techniqiue requires being able to connect with the minds of many, of knowing how they will best be inspired within nanoseconds. You need to be able to build them up and as you continue you rach outwards and will touch the minds of others, those who want to give you hostile intent and for them you are forcing it upon them. Searching for their emotions, their doubt, their fear." She gave a small smirk of her face. "And do not think no one has doubts or fears... all men and women have them, some choose to ignore them and condemn themselves to dangers far beyond anything you or I could do. Because fear and doubt teach us strength to overcome... You'll be sapping at that strength to make them doubt their actions and moving it to your allies."

The girl's eyes snapped open, staring at the older woman in consternation as the words registered with her. "Wait, we're forcing people to give into their doubts and fears, to sap courage from them in order to buoy up our friends?" She could do a lot, a Jedi fighting a normal soldier was far from a fair fight, but at least there was the chance a soldier could get out of the conflict alive or even score a victory. But to turn their minds against them right from the start? "That sounds...how isn't that touching on the Darkside Master Misaar? To mess with people's minds like that seems like we're touching on some really dangerous elements there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom