Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tech Review Parental Rights

• Intent: Create a standard unique lightsaber.
d514ltx-e1d2b54a-5503-44de-82d0-46c677b46fbd.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Deluge
  • Affiliation: The Deluge
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, Kyber crystal, lightsaber components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber enchanted to partially mimic the properties of a Sith Amulet, allowing for the translation of ancient Sith texts
  • Enchanted so that she is better able to channel Dark Side Abilities
  • Enchanted to grant immense Resistance to Force Suppression
  • Enchanted to grant greater strength when held
  • Enchanted to be incapable of harming her son
STRENGTHS
  • One for my Baby: Enchanted so that the blade has no effect on her son, due to the Kyber being altered using her blood. It is partly sentient as a result and will refuse to let it's energy harm him
  • Hidden Gospel: Enchanted so it has some of the functions of a Sith Amulet, allowing the translation of ancient texts
  • Suppression Bane: Enchanted to heavily resist Force Suppression attempts
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Voids: Will shut off in Force Voids
  • Slugthrowers: Slug thrower rounds melt against the blade, causing potential splash damage
  • Water: Water shuts the blade off, as it's enchantments have rendered it incompatible with Underwater modifications
  • Sonics: Sonic bolt travel through the blade
  • Neutral Vulnerability: Neutral Force Attacks have slightly greater effects on her
  • Force Light: Force Light damages the blade
DESCRIPTION

The bizarrely (yet perhaps aptly) named "Parental Rights" is the personal possession of The Deluge, a House Io citizen twisted into a Brain Demon Cultist. Allowed the mercy of keeping her memories and love for her Son, The Deluge wasted no time on making sure her blade fit her nature, not just as a Mediator between her Goddess and mortals, but as a Guardian of her own son, built on the weight of an enchanted, bled Kyber.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
The Deluge The Deluge I see then we shall begin

There is several issues with this saber, the lmost glaring is that magic and enchantments within Star Wars is forced based. Changing the language can mean little in the end but it should be made clear that it is just a different name for the force.

Lightsaber whose Light is enchanted to reveal hidden doorways, whether they are Conventional or Magically Constructed
Hidden Gospel: Enchanted so it's light reveals hidden doorways, whether made conventionally or via magic

This will be the first of many times asking this. You will need to cite a canon example of such. This reads more like something from D&D. A barrier created with the force and hidden would likely fall under the white current which required trraining to make and see through as an illusion. A blade able to disrupt that would be hard to make as it takes concentration and immersion within the white current itself to detect and pierce through such illusions. The blade would need to be a form of sentient and able to access the force itself. Akin to a shard that has been expertly trained by the Fallenassi that are around the galaxy.

Enchanted so the Closer she is to her Son, the stronger it's cutting power gets
One for my Baby: Enchanted so that the closer she is to her son, the greater the cutting power of her blade. Away from him it's got the power of an ordinary Lightsaber blade, in a seven meter radius, it's blade can easily threaten even Alchemized Materials

Again this will require a canon citation as there is to my knowledge in the essential guides, game guides and books or comics no instances of this. It partially sounds like Sting which glowed around orcs. Albiet instead of just glowing getting more intense in its output to cut. From a force enhancing perspective this would still require technologies as increasing the cutting power of a saber is two fold. You need a strong crystal or lens that will focus the blade but also a power source as the more energy being output to increase cutting strength will burn through the energy faster.

Enchanted to grant immense Resistance to Force Light
Light Bane: Enchanted to heavily resist Force Light

As has been told to you before, alchemy is darkside based and using it automatically makes a heavy weakness to the opposite alignment. Force light wouldn't be resisted it would be detrimental to the item.

Enchanted so it is able to repel and deflect both sonic bolts and slugthrower rounds
Deflector: The enchantments applied have altered it's blade containment field, allowing it to deflect not just blasters, but slugthrower rounds and sonic bolts

THe main aspect of a sluthrower vs a saber was that the slugs coulnd't be deflected because they melted once they broke the containment shielding. IN doing that they became slag and would create splash of super hot metal at the jedi. A saber catching them could actually make it worse which is why skills like deflection were better to use against slugthrowers. Perhaps if the blade was below a training level you could deflect a shot back but then the blade itself wouldn't be able to do much in terms of cutting power. As for deflecting sound you will need to show a canon example as usual as sonics weren't deflected since usually there was no physical means it was a scream or something that would go to the jedi's auditory senses first and foremost stunning them from using their blade.

• Force Voids: Will shut off in Force Voids
  • Paddle Beams: Paddle beams bend around the blade
  • Water: Water shuts the blade off, as it's enchantments have rendered it incompatible with Underwater modifications
  • Cortosis: Pure Cortosis shuts it off for a few minutes.

These weaknesses are compared the the host of strengths very weak and situational. Aside from Imperial knights few used pure cortosis in designs given how brittle it can be. Paddle beams are rare and finding a group that uses them is more an exception outside the Ruu, The circuits used to resist water aren't disabled because of the force they just aren't built into the blade hilt. This submissions falls into many of the same things myself and the other judges have been telling you each time needs to be fixed. You are making powerful strengths with poor weaknesses that are highly situational and likely to not come up in a situation. The weaknesses and strengths (and by extension special features) will need to rewritten and reasonable.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
The Deluge The Deluge alright let us begin round 2

Enchanted to be incapable of harming her son
One for my Baby: Enchanted so that the blade has no effect on her son, due to the Kyber being altered using her blood. It is partly sentient as a result and will refuse to let it's energy harm him

That is not how bled kyber functioned. Kyber crystals were lightside and when being bled resisted. The effect doesn't use rreal blood it uses emotions. Pouring blood on it to alchemically alter it would likely crack and damage the crystal if not destroy the normal quasi-sentience of it. Additionally the level of sentience it would need to be able to identify the sun would turn this to darkstaff levels which corrupted artifacts that sentient were a whole level of dangerous.

Enchanted to grant immense Resistance to Force Suppression
Suppression Bane: Enchanted to heavily resist Force Suppression attempts
Force Voids: Will shut off in Force Voids

You are going to have to provide a canon basis for resisting force suppression abilities. The point of force suppression and force void effects was to balance out almighty force users. Having the ability to just nope out of being affected by long established canon isn't going to fly. Additionally as you have force voids as a weakness if you can resist suppressive force it would make that a non weakness.

Water: Water shuts the blade off, as it's enchantments have rendered it incompatible with Underwater modifications

Again bleeding a kyber crystal is emotional not physical. There really is no way it should be able to prevent a bifuricating switch from being in a saber.

This is still a mess of a saber and I am keen to go with what has been suggested of labeling it as not adhering to the concepts of star wars.... but I am willing to give one more round before either denying it, returning it to the pre-factory for you to work on or if you listen to what I say possibly approving it. So again I will reiterate.

Drop the magic and enchantment this isn't D&D this is star wars. If you are using sith alchemy call it what it is.
Drop situational weaknesses and give solid ones that will likely to be encountered. At this point two solid weaknesses for each strength you want to throw onto the blade. Understand the 2x1 strength to weakness is non-negotiable.
Drop esoteric effects that have no canon basis, if you want to do something special with the blade look at things that can be done already with the force and use that as a base. Build it from there. I will use one of my own submissions. Void a blade crafted for a member of the Halcynon Family whose family have a powerful capability with tutaminis. Expanding on the pyronium and effects to absorb more energy and channel it through the blade and force user.

I didn't make an effect to seem special. I took what already existed and tweaked it building it up to a different power scale.

Let me know when edits are done

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom