Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paragon Enterprises Type-M 808 Miy'til Terminus Strfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarah Kel

A
Intent: Improvement on the dated Miy'til strfighter design Iconic to the Hapes Consortium.

Classification: Starfighter

Role: Interceptor/Aerospace superiority

Height: 2.4 metres

Width: 7 metres (wings at the widest stetting)

Length: 7.2 metres

Power Core Generator/Reactor: Fuel Cells

Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1 (backup-8)

Minimum Crew: 0 (can be flown by a droid)

Optimal Crew: 1 Pilot - 1 Droid (TECHNICALLY, 0 pilot, 1 droid, since this fighter can theoretically liquefy its own pilot)

Armaments: 1 triple link-fire blaster cannon, 2 Ion cannons, 2 concussion Missile Tubes

Missile options: SRAM (short-range attack missile) concussion missiles, "Shockhammer" Seismic ground attack missiles, Proton torpedoes, "Shieldbuster" EMP missiles

Note: The TM-808 Terminus can only carry 10 missiles (5 in each tube), regrdless of the missile type or mix-and-match combination thereof.

Hangar: N/A (gets stored in a Hangar, not carrying one itself....)

Non-Combative Attachments: Sensor suite, commlink with frequenccy scanner, Ejection seat/pod, smart-linked targeting computer, aeroeslatic ailerons, variable geometry wings, EM chaff/Flare countermeasures, twin pulse detonation ion engines, SLAM system

Passenger Capacity: 0

Cargo Capacity: 25 kilograms

Consumables: 1 standard week

Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 1

Modularity: Yes, via retrofitting and upgrading

Affiliation: Hapes Consortium (Republic)

Production: Mass

Material: Titanium-alloy hull

Powerplant: Twin pulse detonation ion-engines

Description: The TM 808 Miy'til Terminus closely resembles it's older predecessor, but is sleeker and has a different Engine configuration. Being directly based off of the original Miy'til Starfighter unique to the Hapes Consortium, the Terminus has features that make pilots of the predecessor comfortable. The primary differences are that the Terminus possesses better shielding, is noticeably faster and more manoeuverable, and is a bit more sturdy.

The wings have ion cannons mounted on the tips that can move with the wings themselves, which are variable geometry. Thus the wings are technically S-foils. The ailerons are aeroelastic, stretching with aerodynamic drag in an atmosphere.

The cockpit bears the same configuration as the older Miy'tils, but have more advanced instruments and sensory feedback, increasing situational awareness. The nose of the ship bears a triple link-fire blaster cannon, which alternates between barrels to reduce heating of the cannon system during sustained fire situations.

The underside of the ship houses two missile tubes internally. When armed, the tube drops down from the hull enough to reveal the cylindrical launch tube system with each cylinder loaded with 5 missiles each. These launch tube cylinders resemble the bullet cylinder of a revolver closely. There are a few different types of missiles that can be launched by the Terminus, the most common being Royal Armaments Guild SRAMs.

The engines are Paragon Enterprises twin pulse-detonation ion engines, which are faster and more efficient than the triplet Income 4x4 engines its predecessor used. These engines are also sleeker-looking and flush with the shape of the craft more easily, adding aerodynamic efficiency as well as a certain elegance to the ship's look. A SLAM system is also equipped, allowing for a short lived burst of speed that can accelerate the terminus to just over Mach 4.

Countermeasures include a sensor and comm jamming system as well as elecromagnetic chaff and flare dispensers.

The titanium-alloy hull is sturdy and lightweight, but isn't as strong as starship-grade durasteel, thus making the Terminus reliant on it's shielding in a heated fight. The shielding is a bit stronger than its predecessor's was to compensate.

An astromech driod socket exists just behind the cockpit, allowing a droid intelligence to assist with hyperspace jumps and temporary fixes to minor combat damage. There is a droid translator system in the cockpit that translates binary into either Basic or Hapan so the pilot can keep his/her eyes on the battle or otherwise focus on flying and living.

The Hyperdrive is a class 1 with a back-up class of 8. Efficient fuel cells allow the craft to operate for a respectable amount of time, but it is recommended that the ship is carried during longer tours of duty.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
@[member="Alarah Kel"]

• The alternate fire blaster you have leads me to believe that it fires with the same speed of 3 individual blasters and isn't like a chaingun. The main purpose seems to be to keep the barrels cool and alternating fire to perhaps give a little less delay between shots. That is all fine and good and I have no problem with it, except that I have decided that a weapon of this sort would defiantly have a power draw of three separate blasters. Therefore, your ship would not meet to the new site standards. Before I can approve this I'll need you to change the loadout so that the ship has only 1 Ion cannon and the 3 blasters or 2 Ion cannons and 2 blasters.

Alarah Kel

A
new site standards? Dropping it down to that defeats the purpose of improving a canon-based model. The triple linkfire design keeps the barrels cool, not increasing overall fireing rate.. maybe it can lessen delay a bit, but not terribly. It still shoots like an X-wing, albeit with the guns closer together. i'm not willing to lower the loadout, since much of this loadout is Canon inspired and reasonable.

I wish to appeal this decision. You can begin by explaining to me how and why you came to this decision and what your logic is on how it it'll have too great a draw on power... If you feel it is unbalanced, I'll refer to the way other people stack up their own characters and tech. Hapes is High tech and always has been and I aim to reflect this, as Faction Admin.

Other Space Kaiden

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

The new site standards dictate that you may not have more than 4 laser and/or ion cannons on a single starfighter. Now, this blaster of yours is being counted as three separate power draws (1 per barrel) due to the fact that each barrel would require its own operating system thus drawing more power.

With the two Ion cannons it puts you over the limit. Unless you drop a warhead launcher there os nothing to be argued here. If you were to drop a launcher I'll give you two cannons in its place. Aside from that, these changes are non-negotiable. If you are unwilling to make the changes, im sorry but I have to enforce the rules and that means denying this submission.

ADDITIONAL: Even by dropping a single Ion Cannon this ship has considerably more power than the canon model.

Alarah Kel

A
IT's supposed to have more power than the Canon model. That's the point. Hapes is supposed to be high-tech and have a nasty rep of playing dirty. Han solo himself was worried when he saw the Hapan honour fleet on orbit around Coruscant in 8 ABY... I have every intention of doing this faction justice. Can it be more of a gatling blaster that has only one higher powered (equivalent draw of two independent blaster cannons) system and three barrels to fire from, rotated to keep them cool rather than have them independently operated? That should be more reasonable in terms of power supply, while still meaning trouble for those reckless, relentless, ambitious Sith who don't know how to leave well enough alone... someone has to put them in their place and the Republic is ICly failing at it.

At any rate, i need this to be the new standard fighter for the Hapan Navy. Meanwhile, i also have my hands full as a lone faction admin in need of enough Active Hapan players to allow secession from the Republic and a civil war to be started to decide whether they stay in the Republic or become an independent faction.... a more powerful Navy is conducive to this and canonically, the Royal Navy wasn't to be trifled with.

Other Space Kaiden

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

I suppose I could bend on that, however, if you were to make this change I could require some additional information be put into the submission. A Gatling laser would not be as powerful as an independent cannon. In fact, the canon sources of such a weapon are limited to Battlefront 2, that I am aware of and thus I have to be careful with approving such a weapon. This type of weapon would work by weakening shields and armor with volleys of sustained, but much weaker, fire than a blaster cannon would offer. Basically it would be sacrificing power for speed and wouldn't be very effective in ship to ship combat.

However, if you wish to go this route, I will give you two gatling lasers with the power of .5 of a blaster cannon but with a fire rate of 4 cannons each. To level with you, such a weapon is much better suited for an anti-infantry role. My suggestion would be to put two normal blaster cannons on this thing and keep the rest of the loadout. With those changes you would have two Ion cannons that the previous canon model didn't plus an extra warhead launcher with more missiles than the previous. The only other way I can help you out is if you develop a new blaster cannon and submit that to the tech factory and go through their system. However, depending on that turns out it may be worse or better for you.

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

From the guide on how to make starships in the factory.

• If an RPJ or Admin asks for changes, either do them or see your submission denied. This isn’t an exercise in haggling. We’re not asking you to edit to be cruel, we’re asking you to do it because it doesn’t fit the bill.

Seeing as how you have continued to do so twice now, I"m denying this submission. You obviously feel like this has been unfair, and that's what the factory discussion forum and the second chance thread are for. I recommend just going along with requested edits next time, as behavior such as this will only see your subs denied. The factory judges and RPJ's work off the guide that has been established, and will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom