Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paragon Enterprises Type 15A Seraph Tank

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
Image Source: http://orig04.deviantart.net/798d/f/2007/199/8/2/m400_pegasus_light_hover_tank_by_chicolechuga.png

Intent: A tank to supplement infantry in ground assaults with typical Hapan ion weapon abuse.

Development Thread: If necessary

Manufacturer: Paragon Enterprises

Model: Type 15A "Seraph" tank

Affiliation: Hapes Consortium

Modularity: Main gun only. Heavy Plasma Cannon be swapped for an ion beam cannon.

Production: Minor

Material: Durasteel frame, Ablative armour outer plating, wire mesh inner lining.

Role: Assault tank

Height: 7.9 Metres

Length: 2.5 metres

Width: 3.6 metres

Weight: 54.4 metric tons

Minimum Crew: 2

Optimal Crew: 3

Propulsion: Repulsorlifts

Top Speed: Classified. (about 73 kilometres an hour.)

Armaments: Repeating blaster secondary gun, Heavy Plasma main gun, self-forging submunition fragmentation mine dispenser.

Squadron Count: 3

Passenger Capacity: 2, if they sit on the outside.

Cargo Capacity: 10 kilograms

Misc. Equipment: Sensor suite, infrared scopes, holocomm unit, Ray sheilding

Description:

Strengths:

It is a bit faster and more manoeuverable than heavier tanks in its class.

Its main gun is a heavy plasma cannon which fires a dense, but unstable ball of superheated plasma. This plasma ball explodes on impact and not only applies a great deal of heat and kinetic force, but is also ionised and ionises the air around the impact, causing moderate ion damage to mechanical system or sheilding.

Self-forging submunition mines are effective crowd control and area denial weapons. Effectively landmines made in a somewhat old-fashioned way with dated, but still horribly effective, shaped-charge technology, the mines detonate by proximity. The surface of the mines are pitted with hexagonal concave plates that form pointed, rear-flared flechettes that shoot off in all directions when the mine detonates. They are functional as anti-material and anti-personnel weapons.

Wire mesh lining under the armour helps mitigate ion weapon damage.

Drawbacks:

The ray shielding is weaker than the deflector shields of a starfighter, making reliance on ablative armour a common eventuality.

It is vulnerable to landmines, as it will be rendered immobile if the repulsorlifts are damaged enough.

Its own landmines are indiscriminate and cannot tell the difference between friend and foe.

It's main gun's rate of fire is slower than the miniature turbolasers found on other tanks of its class.

If Ion Beam Cannon is used instead of Heavy Plasma Cannon, the main weapon gains greater range and precision, but deals no structural damage. It is best used against larger starships, such as troop transports, to unsheild and/or disable. It is also extremely effective against battle droids. The Ion Beam Cannon can overheat if fire is sustained for more than 7 seconds at a time.

This tank was designed with heavy damage and the frying of electronics in mind. The repeating blaster is just there as a token blaster cannon with which to take out infantry and isn't meant to be precise about it... just suppressive and relentless. For an assault tank, it is somewhat modestly armed, considering strength and weaknesses, but its best selling point is its intended effectiveness in urban warfare. The Seraph CAN be used in an open area just as well, but close air support is probably the greatest nuisance the tank's crew can deal with. It is cavalry for infantry, really.

RESEARCH REVIEW
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/9176-paragon-enterprises/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/10578-swrp-approved-company-directory/
Alright, so First off, that company's submission was lost in the wipe back in late 2013. This isn't a huge problem, but you will need to resubmit the company's submission using the Factory 3.0 Template. From the Records I can see (And Linked) it was Tier 3.

Relina Zhan said:
Height: 1.9 Metres Length: 2.5 metres Width: 1.2 metres
This is less than your average car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams
Length

Gun forward: 32.04 ft (9.77 m)[6]
Hull length: 26.02 ft (7.93 m)

Width

12 ft (3.66 m)[6]

Height

8 ft (2.44 m)[6]

Relina Zhan said:
Squadron Count: conservative guess, 3.
3-5 Sounds good, could you cut the 'Conservative Guess' part

Relina Zhan said:
Wire mesh lining under the armour helps mitigate ion weapon damage.
So its effectively a Faraday Cage inside the tank if I am reading it right. If so, for Mass Production I am going to ask for a 10 post development thread. If you don't want to do that, Minor Production works fine.

Relina Zhan

Further, in not done with all my submissions. I couldn't find my paragon submission from a year ago, so i am planning on revising and resubmitting. Not to worry, we'll be working together quite a bit

Edit: I revised the specs of the tank... Now I'm going to resubmit a new temp for Paragon.

Relina Zhan

I'll be working on it soon. Got a dev thread getting set up for a Base as well... Can I incorporate them into that RP or does it have to be separate?

see how many birds I can nail with a single stone... :p

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Edit: I think it was a dumb question, now that I remeber. The dev should centre around the item in question more than a simple appearence.

also, I resubmitted and fleshed out Paragon better.

[member="Relina Zhan"]
If the Codex wants 10 Posts and I want 10 posts then you should go for 20 posts. As far as the Topic, it can be anything relevant to the Item in question (Dreaming about it, designing it, using it, riding it, telling a story about it, etc.) As long as the item in question plays a role in the Dev thread you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom