Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padawans

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
I know there isn't an age requirement that bumps you into knighthood but there has to be an age where people start looking at you like "HE/SHE is STILL a padawan?"

what do you think that age is? Trying to make a character but as this is my first board no carryovers for me and don't want to make an "old" padawan.

There shouldn't be an age limit, everyone can write their own story. You write what you think is appropriate and we will react off of that. Every character has their own story, and their own quirks. So do what pleases you within reason, I mean after all a 100 year old human would be ludicrous as a Padawan.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
It's a new board, a new culture, and a new Jedi Order. So it's a brave new world, man. There are no 'hard limits' except the ones we place upon ourselves.

Now. While in the Prequel movies we get a sense that Padawans are teenagers to young adults inside the Republic Order? You might notice that Luke Skywalker never even bothers with the rank in the Original movies. He simply just trains until he make Jedi Knight.

Personally. If you've been raised a Jedi? Then I would compare Jedi Knighthood to becoming an Adult. Be that by any culture or species. But yeah. It is up to you to decide what seems appropriate for your character. ;)

The age limit was like the first thing Luke threw out the window when he reconstructed the Jedi Order in the books. He had to start from scratch, pretty much, and didn't have the luxury of being choosy about who his first padawans would be. As far as I know that tradition continued long after he took over and the new Jedi Order will train anyone at any age. That old stigma of being "too old to be trained" (or too old to be a padawan) shouldn't exist anymore in a post RotJ world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom