Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Overdue Chill

Kashyyyk/Silver Rest
Late Afternoon/Clear Skies

LXgHq3y.jpg

Sam walked through the halls of Silver Rest with a smirk on her face. Thankfully she had managed to catch a shower and jump into some clean clothing before heading off to go see her friend. Visits like these were supposed to be regular, but for the past month or two they simply couldn't get the right timing when they were both off. At least she was going to be on vacation for a few days so this was the perfect opportunity. She made sure he also agreed to clearing his schedule for a day or two. They had a lot of catching up to do... especially on her end. She hadn't had the chance to even tell him about Ara. She hoped he wasn't going to kick her ass over that whole ordeal.

She finally reached his quarters and rested against the doorframe. One hand rested a bottle of brandy against her shoulder while the other pressed the buzzer on his door's control panel. She could have let herself in if she wanted. She likely would if he wasn't home and also ready a means to get back at him for not being there. The thought made her chuckle as she waited for him to answer the door. "What's cookin' good lo-..." she started once he answered, but trailed off as she looked up at him. "... That's new." she commented as she pointed at the scar on his cheek. Her little joke went right out the window as her greeting suddenly turned very awkward. "How'd that happen? Wait... never mind. You can tell me later. First things first." she brushed it off as she let herself in and glanced around the place and immediately wandered over to the spot she stored her drinking glasses. She set it down along with the bottle and turned to face him, a smile forming on her lips.

Without hesitation she wrapped her arms around him to give him a tight hug and land a punch on his chest as she pulled back. "That's for avoiding me for this long. How've you been?" she asked as she sat on the couch and poured them both a bit into the glasses. "Got any cola to mix in with this?" she asked him as she glanced around. She knew he had a reliable stash of snacks under the bed. She hoped that counted for drinks as well.

Cadere Cadere

It had been a few days since the Battle of Voss and he was still recovering both mentally and physically. Every memory and reminder of Insatious and his "Death Soldiers" caused all the wounds he sustained during the battle to flare up, it was more than likely a placebo thing but it didn't dispute the fact. Still though, he didn't let it get to him, the mission was a success and he got as many troops out alive as he could so despite the injuries, he was content.

For someone who was always active and eager to be doing something, this rest authorised by the Concord was much needed. Cas was in his room, sprawled across the couch and listening to music on his headphones - completely forgetting that Sam was meant to be visiting today. Subconsciously, he was excited to see her as the two had been heavily busy the passed few months but he was happy she was making progress as a mechanic at the temple.

Hearing his room's buzzer ring, Cas flailed in his seat nearly falling out of it before lowering his headphones - checking the time on his holoclock, he exclaimed "Oh, kriff!" before quickly dashing to his feet and rushing to his door. Opening it, there he saw her and a smile grew on his face, when she noticed his recent "gift" from Insatious, Cas gently clasped his hand over his scar "I almost forgot." he joked, although it was a lie. "It's a long--" he started, ready to answer her question but Sam quickly interjected.

His eyes followed her as she passed him to let herself in, he returned her smirk before firmly accepting her hug wrapping his arms around her waist. He winced slightly when she lightly punched his chest, holding it he playfully warned her "Watch it, I'm sensitive right now." stretching his shoulder and letting his arm fall to his side "Hey man, duty calls." Cas argued "I'm good, sore, but good." he added with a smile. Wordlessly, Cas approached his bed and crouched down lifting the duvet, uncovering the bottom of his bed it revealed a minifridge under it, plugged into a nearby socket. Opening it, he pulled out two glasses of cola. Standing to his feet "Heads up!" he called out, throwing a bottle at her but ready to slow it down with the Force if she couldn't catch it in time "What's new with you anyway? Seen Matty--uh Mathieu--yet?" he asked, wondering if the two had resolved their differences yet.

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

Sam chuckled at his comment on punching him, waving it off. "Oh please, you're always sensitive." she quipped as she gave him a tap on the arm. He answered her question, though the answer was an odd one. What could he be doing that he was sore? She let it go as she prepared their drinks. There would be plenty of tine to find out.

Sure enough, he pulled out a bottle of cola from a small fridge and tossed it to her. She caught it, albeit with an annoyed glare. "You know soda isn't meant to be shaken around, right?" she teased as she slowly opened the bottle to let the pressure release. As she poured the cola in for them, he asked what she could only describe as a loaded question. Her eyes went wide as her face pulled into a cringe. "Yeah, that's a rough question. I'd suggest you sit down for this one." she commented as she patted the seat next to her.

She took a long swig of her drink and shifted to rest her legs over his lap with a smirk. "You make a great footrest, thanks." she joked as she lightly poked his gut with her boot. A heavy sigh escaped her as she leaned back, thinking of where to start. "We saw each other, yeah. It was a shock to see him in the hangar dressed like a Jedi. But we talked. I invited him over to my place and we cleared the air. We're friends now, at least. I won't lie, I hoped that we could have salvaged the relationship and pick it up again, but sadly not. He's over me." she admitted, taking another long swig. "But a bigger surprise was when my daughter came knocking on my door." she dropped casually, glancing at her glass.

"And before you go berating me, yeah I was a karked up person when I was sixteen. Kaa didn't want her and I didn't want her to grow up in a gang like me, so I gave her away after a few months. She understandably hated me. But we've been getting that behind us. She's a hardass, you'll love her. Me, her and Matt are building a pod racer for her when we got some free time." she explained as she looked at him.

She finished off her glass and poured herself another one before sitting back once more. "And you? Why are you so sore? Did you get a little rough with a girl on a mission?" she joked as she poked him with her foot once more.

Cadere Cadere

"I know." he said, answering her tease with a smirk and popping open his bottle lid. Cas gritted his teeth at her answer as he realised he may have unintentionally opened a can of emotional worms that were too early in the day to handle. Nonetheless, he sighed and his shoulders slumped slightly and complied with her physical command, moving over to sit next to her.

As she rested her legs over his lap, she nearly knocked his bottle over which he quickly manoeuvred out of the way of Sam's feet. "There's no better foot rest than a living, breathing person" Cas quipped gesturing his bottle to her in a faux toast. He took a sip of his cola as he listened to what she had to say, as she explained things he got the sense that she wasn't quite over Mat yet which made him feel sad for her a little, being hung up on someone wasn't fun... at all. Mid sip, when the word 'daughter' reached his ear Cas almost spit out his drink, quickly he covered his mouth and spun his head around to meet her gaze but before he could get a word in to ask when the hell this happened, she had moved on.

She briefly went over her daughter's history which made Cas frown slightly at the conditions Sam's daughter was born in, it was a shame she had to give her child away but maybe it was indeed for the best due to the circumstances. Although, a small smile crept on the corner of his lips when he heard that things seemed to be improving between them. "That's... a lot to take in. I thought you finding work here was incentive for less drama in your life." the Jedi quipped.

Unprepared for her switching the topic onto him, his eyes widened in surprise "Oh!" he exclaimed before pausing, Cas shot her a look of wonder "You mean... you actually don't know? About Voss?" he asked in genuine surprise "It was a whole thing me, Mat, a hell of a lot of other Jedi and Concord forces went to Voss to take the planet back from Sith control." the Kiffar explained taking a sip of his drink before beginning his recount "I helped out a team of troopers in destroying a command centre, encountered an "old pal" of mine, he beat me to a pulp and nearly offed me, the troopers rescued me, we all fought..." he paused for a moment, face going glum as he stared off into nothingness, the memory of the commander sacrificing himself "People died... but we completed what we came to do." Cas concluded, forcing a cheerful tone in his voice as he subconsciously rubbed at the scar on his cheek.

Clearing his throat he forced a smile and turned to Sam "So, tell me more about your daughter - where is she?" Cas asked, both curious and hoping to switch topics.

She snickered with a shrug at his comment, taking a swig of her drink. "I thought so too. But apparently it keeps finding me." she admitted as she smiled at him. He went on to explain what happened, seemingly surprised by the fact that she didn't know about it. "Wait. You were there? Shit, dude." she retorted, raising an eyebrow. "I was listening to what the others were saying. We actually got a bunch of ships that need patching up from that engagement. I didn't know you were there as well." she admitted as she sat upright a little, wanting to hear what he had to say about the situation.

He explained what happened, trailing off towards the end with a deep stare. She knew that thousand yard look all to well. That fight clearly messed him up a bit. She sat upright next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, giving it a squeeze. She didn't know what to say to cheer him up. She never had anyone there for her in those moments. The best she could do was just to show she was there for him. It's what made the most sense to her. "You wanna talk about it?" she asked with concern, but he quickly tried to switch topics. She didn't pressure it, merely rolling with his question. She smiled and shifted around to rest against him, kicking her feet up on the coffee table in front of them. "Short and sweet? Picture a thirteen year old version of me with an equally foul mouth and a much more passive aggressive attitude. As for where se is? Probably wrenching on her pod racer. She's got an absolute love affair with the sport. Personally I would have preferred if she was into swoop racing but I won't judge." she explained, ending with a mischievous smirk at the end. "She didn't get much learning in terms of reading and writing in Underworld so I signed her in for the Concord's school system. Thankfully she's getting along well with her classmates which is a relief to me. I was scared she would be getting in fights or stealing stuff all day." she snickered before taking another long sip of her drink.

"We can probably go chill with her tomorrow after school. I think you two will get along nicely." she commented. She was curious how a meeting between the two big mouths would go. Her money was on Ara winning...

She sighed and rested against him again, looking up at the Jedi. "At least that scar looks good on you. Chicks dig it... well the bad chicks most of the time." she quipped, poking at his cheek with a smirk. "Speaking of which, you meet anyone new yet? I swear if you're still single, there's gonna be trouble." she asked, turning to face him with a serious look, though she was struggling to hold her smirk back.

Cadere Cadere

Cas exhaled a snicker through his nostrils at Sam's surprise he was on Voss - it was his first real taste of large scale battle and it was... definitely an experience to remember but it didn't deter him from returning to battle if the need ever arose. Sam noticed his blank look at the recollection of the lives lost "I'm okay. Just... hard losing people you were supposed to protect." he confessed with a shrug. He didn't want to be rude and ignore her kindness.

As Sam went on to give details about her daughter's personality, his face went through a variety of expressions - but mostly ranging from happiness and anxiousness. It was still a lot to take in that she had a daughter, a complete shock in fact but he was adapting. This child though, she seemed like quite a character... a more intense version of her mother which made him smile at the thought. He wondered about his own hypothetical children and what traits they'd inherit from him, would they be more concentrated or lesser? It was an interesting thought but one he wasn't ready to find out yet.

The podracing fact was interesting though, however, Sam's preferral for swoop racing made him frown as podracing was the much better sport in his opinion. "She's a pilot, huh? I think me and her could probably hit it off... and if she really is anything like her mom, she'd love me." Cas nudged her and flashed her a goofy grin. The Kiffar's eyes widened in shock at the prospect of meeting her so soon, so much so that he began stammering "I--uh--tomorrow? Uh... am I really ready to meet the younger, scarier version of you? I mean I fight Sith, pirates, monsters and other things on a daily basis but... you x10? That's something else entirely." he teased but in actuality, meeting Sam's kid made him feel more nervous than it should.

The Jedi gave off a small smile at her compliment relating to his scar "Let's see if you keep that same tone when you see my back." he quipped, although he neglected to show her it unless she asked. Cas cringed at her next question as she switched focus back to him, gritting his teeth he stared into nothingness again out of awkwardness "Uh... no?" he answered, voice growing higher and higher. Before she could respond though, Cas quickly pointed a finger at her "Hey, but wait! I'm super busy now! I don't have time for a girlfriend... I mean, maybe if she were a Jedi but do you know how unlikely that is!" Cas exclaimed in his defence.

The Kiffar's eyebrows quickly furrowed as he grew increasingly defensive "And what about you, hotshot?! Where's your boyfriend at?!" he queried, face forming into a frown.

Cas looked a bit taken back by the sudden arrangement, but she brushed it off. "Oh please, she's not that bad. She might just hate you for the first few days but after that things should be alright." she explained, smiling at him. However the entire mood of the room shifted once they got on the topic of their love life.

"Oh is that your excuse?!" she retorted with a smug grin. "Don't pull that on me, Cas, I know for a fact that you'll make room for someone if you care." she commented, finishing off her drink and sitting back against him. Though her smirk quickly disappeared once he turned the question on her. With pursed lips and wide eyes she looked up at him, before frowning and folding her arms over her chest. "I'm working on it." she grumbled like a pouting kid. She suddenly lit up and poked against his chest as she figured out her excuse. "In my defence, there's nobody interesting on this karking base! I couldn't even get a kriffing rebound around here, now you expect me to find a guy on Kashyyyk? HA!" she defended herself with confidence as she leaned back into the couch again and draped her legs over his lap.

She relaxed and let a chuckle out as she shook her head. "What a joke, huh? Both of us are single, ready to mingle and looking all over... but not by a longshot can we actually get somewhere." she commented, glancing back at him with a smirk. However her eyes remained locked onto him as she thought things through. After several seconds of borderline predatory staring, she spoke up again. "What a coincidence indeed..." she muttered before quietly pouring herself another drink. She sipped her drink with a mischievous smile, avoiding eye contact as she subtly caressed his gut with her boot. After a few sips she looked past her glass at him. "Still think it's too early for a booty call?" she quipped.

Cadere Cadere

Hate him for the first few days? He was used to worse... way worse, maybe meeting the kid wouldn't be so bad after all then. Besides, if Mat could handle her then so could he - although they were good friends, the Morellian was the only person who never failed to bring out his competitiveness.

"I know for a fact that you'll make room for someone if you care." made him shudder slightly, because Sam was 100% right and he hated that she was. In all honesty, he just wasn't looking, after Tess: Cas had sort of closed off his heart and wasn't eager to jump back into anything serious for fear of getting hurt again. It was funny, Cas had no issues with risking his life in battle but couldn't handle another heartbreak.

Luckily, he managed to flip it onto her and have the former mercenary go on the defensive herself, prompting a sadistic grin from the Jedi - he just needed to be tapping his fingers together to complete the set. When she concluded, Sam remarked on how they were both single nodding slowly in agreement as he took another swig of his cola. Although from the corner of his eye, he could see she was still watching him - what was it? Lowering the bottle, Cas slowly turned his head to face her "What? Do I have something written on my face?" he quipped, though completely oblivious.

Sam muttered to herself which caused Cas' puzzled expression to grow into concern "Sam... where are you going with this?" he asked with an eyebrow raised but took another swig of his drink regardless. He felt her boot softly caress his belly, making him look down at her foot in confusion, what the hell was happening - all that he knew was, it wasn't going to bode well. Then she said the words. All the Kiffar could do was blink at her for a few moments with a blank but wide-eyed expression. A smile grew on his face as he reached out to here with his closest arm and shoved her playfully "Get the kriff outta here." he chuckled and took another sip of his drink "You got jokes, huh? Me and my hand are fine, thank you very much." Cas quipped.

In all honesty, he couldn't tell if she was being serious or not. A universal trouble with guys was... none of them could decipher a woman's hints and wouldn't want to misread them, make a false move, and then come off as a creep. Leading to Cas' next issue, Sam was a good friend to him and... he was now, very unsure if he wanted to go that extra mile with her - if it was earlier in their relationship and they were both single, he'd have agreed to it in a heartbeat but now... he feared if they did do something now... it'd be a line they couldn't come back from. Or not. Maybe things could be totally fine. He wished his clairvoyance would help him out right now.

Then again, it was completely possible Cas was overthinking what may have been a simple joke from Sam.

Understandably he didn't think she was serious. She was also still a bit on the fence on the idea as well... but the more she thought about it, the less she saw an issue with it. He tried to call her bluff and laughed over the question, but Sam's smirk only grew into a wicked grin. "Oh come on, Cas..." she downed her drink and sat up next to him, resting against his shoulder as she looked up at him. "We're both single, probably equally in need of some form of affection... and we're friends." she explained with a sultry voice as she sat up on her knees next to him.

In a smooth motion she swung her legs over to practically sit on his lap. "And I've never had an issue with friends with benefits." she admitted as she reached up and took hold of his drink, setting it on the table out of the way. "Let's just admit it. We've been eyeing each other for over a year now and now we got a chance. If we want to go further, we can try it out. If it flops, oh well. We're still friends and I doubt anything will break what we have." she commented on the situation, shifting back and then bringing a leg over to straddle him as she smiled down at him. "Either way, I could do with some action... and I got an idea you wouldn't mind some either." she draped her arms over his shoulders as she made herself comfortable on top of him.

"If this is just too awkward or you're scared it will ruin our friendship... I'll get off and simply drink away. But I won't lie, I've been thinking about this for a while." she admitted as she leaned in a little more. "So, what's it gonna be? Should I kark off... or do we wanna have some fun?" she asked as her legs tightened against him.

Cadere Cadere

Sam was still smirking when he called her bluff, this wasn't a joke. Oh boy. Cas watched Sam sceptically as she argued her reasoning for why they should go that extra step. The Jedi tensed up when she swung her legs to sit on his lap, this was... weird, really weird "Uhhh..." he subconsciously uttered, eyes darting around the room in a desperate attempt to avoid eye contact.

"Action... is nice..." Cas agreed almost breathlessly. He really had to think about it, Sam was right, there had always been that tension between them but there was always something that prevented them from going further. Now, there was none to speak of. The lustful side of him wanted this as much as Sam did but his logical side, although slowly wavering, was arguing against this.

Cas finally locked eyes with Sam and his cheeks darkened as he felt his face grow warmer, panting lightly and his grip on his bottle was getting looser. When he felt her legs tighten around him, he felt butterflies in his stomach and began to lean in the direction of Sam's lips but then the mental image of Mat surfaced in his mind, forcing the young Jedi to turn his head away from Sam. He couldn't do it. As much as he wanted to.

"I... can't..." he said softly, face still turned away "Mat's my friend. Our friend. In good conscience, I can't disrespect him like that - even if he is over you." the Kiffar explained, releasing a deep breath after. The corner of his lip quirked and he closed his eyes before turning to face her, opening them as he did so "So yeah, 'get the kark off me'." he quipped, grinning - when she did move off of him, he leaned back into the couch and faced Sam again "Plus, it'd be too weird meeting your daughter after we'd... y'know..." Cas half-joked.

Sam's heart began to race as Cas leaned forward. Her grin dropped into a pleasant smile as she waited for him to make contact... however, at the last moment, he turned away. "What's wrong?" she asked, tilting her head slightly as she studied him. He then explained his problem and earned an annoyed sigh from Sam. "You serious?" she asked simply, not exactly in the mood to get off. But she relented and did, dropping into the couch beside him once more.

He continued to explain his other issue but simply earned a shrug from Sam. "You think she'll care?" she asked rhetorically with a raised eyebrow. Still a tad annoyed over his sudden change of heart, she poured herself another drink and sat back on the couch, looking back up to him. "Why's he your main issue, though? We're not together anymore and he's definitely not interested in getting back together. I'm pretty sure he's got his eyes on another girl. If he actually says something, he's a pretty karking big hypocrite. 'Cause, let's be honest, he doesn't have any right to comment on my love life anymore, especially if he's chasing someone else's tail." she voiced her issue with his reasoning, taking a swig of her glass. There was a hint of jealousy in her eyes but she pushed those feelings aside in short order.

With a sigh she draped her legs over his lap again and took another big sip. "Alright, kark it. I'm over it." she quipped, though she likely wasn't. "I just wanna get something going again. I've been super jittery for a while now and literally nobody on this karking planet's got a sense of fun in them." she commented, eyeing him at the mention of 'nobody'. She retreated into herself and sipped at her drink as she stared off into a corner, several emotions and thoughts bouncing around in her heart and head that she won't admit aloud. She finally looked back to him with a frown. "You know, I had a thought the other day." she spoke softly. "Just for a moment, while I was washing dishes after dinner. I thought to myself... 'damn I miss the life'. The thrill of zipping through walkways with a swoop, the blaster bolts, the spice, the money... for a brief moment, I felt a longing for that shit again." she admitted as she stared up at him.

She looked away once more and finished yet another glass with a big gulp. "So call me karked in the head or whatever. I know I am. Because no sane person would think that after going through the shit I did." she continued, still not fully satisfied. But it certainly was a big chunk of what was bothering her.

Cadere Cadere

Although Sam seemed fine on the surface, Cas could sense her annoyance which made him feel slightly guilty about not agreeing to it. Cas let out a long exhale when she concluded her slight rant about Mathieu, the Jedi looked upon the mechanic with a raised eyebrow "It isn't like that, Sam. It's just... Mat and I have gotten pretty close since he became a Padawan, he's a good friend of mine and... even though he's over you I feel like it'd be disingenuous to cross that line. I mean... it'd be weird if he did stuff with Tess, even though we aren't together." the Kiffar stated, further explaining his reasons and hopefully she understood.

Sam's dig wasn't unnoticed and Cas briefly frowned at her before it swiftly turned into a smirk "Hey, I'm fun. Really fun. I'm just slightly more mature with it now." he quipped as he took another swig, looking away from Sam as he did so. As he watched the landscape change on his holowindow, he could sense the multitude of emotions rippling off of Sam which forced him to face Sam and as he did, she turned to face him as well but with a frown. He was about to ask what was wrong but he didn't need to as she explained.

Cas glanced away when she concluded, his face was slightly glum as it was unnerving to hear she actually missed her old life slightly - but then again, it made some sense too. "I get it, sort of. If I had to give up being a Jedi, I'd go stir crazy too but... you gotta remember, you have a daughter now. You have a responsibility to her now that you've let her back into your life, I'm positive you knew this anyway. What I'm trying to say is, if you ever feel yourself relapsing... just remember the kid, alright?" he urged.

Leaning back into the couch, his eyes squinted and his lower lip extended into a pout-like state as he immersed himself into deep thought. An idea had come to him "Hey, if you missing having some action. Why not accompany me on some missions sometime? We'll be doing good work, we'd be hanging out and you can remind yourself you're not a boring old lady." Cas suggested, smirking at the 'old lady' part before playfully nudging her. Maybe Sam would feel more fulfilled this way, either way it was just an idea.

Cas gave his explanation and Sam had to admit that she did see some reason in that. However it didn't mean that she liked it and neither was she going to admit that she saw his reasoning. He should know better than to expect that from her. However she relaxed somewhat as he sympathized with her situation.

She nodded in confirmation at the mention of her daughter. He might be surprised that Ara was probably the biggest contribution to her not falling off the rails again. That and she was too stubborn to give up on the progress she made so far. "Way ahead of you. Right now she's my only concern. And I don't want to give her a reason to hate me all over again when I only just managed to get through." she admitted with a slight smile cracking through her hard scowl. She sat back and sighed, relaxing into the seat while she waited for him to snap out of his trance. Whatever he was thinking of, it clearly required the use of his other brain cell as well. "You think any harder, you're gonna lose both of your brain cells." she quipped as she bumped his chest with her foot.

He finally came back down to reality and pitched a very intriguing offer to her. Sam's eyes went wide and her body stiffened slightly at the offer. Finally her scowl broke and a toothy, genuine grin appeared on her lips. "You serious now?" she asked just to make sure he wasn't messing with her. "Shit, Kiffar, that's all you had to say!" she proclaimed as she sat up again, punching his shoulder. "Dude for real, you had to say something months ago! When are you going somewhere again, I'll gladly tag along. Routine life only stays interesting for a little while before it gets boring. I'm itching to go do something." she spoke with enthusiasm, dropping onto his lap and poking his chest. "You better tell me when you're going somewhere again, otherwise I'm gonna kick your ass and empty your snack stash. Got it?" she warned, staring up at him with a piercing gaze.

"You definitely nailed it, though. I don't wanna become a gentle old lady." she admitted as she relaxed again, resting her hands on her stomach. "I don't even wanna grow old. I told Matt this as well. I'll kill myself if I have to walk around with crutches and I need help wiping my own ass. I'll go out on my own terms when I feel like it... and it won't be at a ripe old age, lemme tell ya." she confessed as she glanced up at him again.

Cadere Cadere

Sam assured him that her daughter was her main priority which made him smirk in approval. Cas had never really seen Sam as the maternal type, nor could he imagine her ever being one but right now seeing her talk about her daughter in such a protective and maternal way - he couldn't help but feel proud at his friend's growth as a person, Cas realised he had been wrong this whole time, Sam had the makings of a great mother.

The Jedi filtered out Sam's dis, not because he was trying to but because he agreed with her in a sense - he reacted slightly though, she would see that the corner of his lips quirked up slightly.

"Yeah, I'm serious!" Cas proclaimed sharing his friend's excitement. He let out a satisfied chuckle and raised his arms in his defence "Alright, alright - I'll hit you up when I've got some stuff lined up." he informed her, smiling as he said it "But uh--" he started, relaxing into the couch and letting out a sigh with his head held up "Not going anywhere anytime soon, I'll tell you that." the Kiffar stated referring to his injuries, flexing his arm out as he did so.

Sam's comments about not wanting to grow old and "going out on her own terms" drew some concern from Cas, and it showed in his face as he gazed upon her worriedly. This was something he had to disagree with, shaking his head, he snickered as he began to give his own take "Can't say I agree with you, Sammy. I'm all for adventure and action but... I wanna settle down still and reflect on my past adventures with pride." he confessed with a smile. Despite his wishes, Cas had no issues with dying in battle or giving his life to a cause - especially if it was for the greater good, he came to that realisation on Voss when he was at Insatious' mercy. Although he preferred to omit that part out.

Switching topics, Cas stretched his arm over the back of the couch and turned his body to face Sam "I still can't believe you have a kid. At sixteen? I can't even imagine having a kid now! You gotta fill me in though, how did Mat react to all this?" he asked with a curious glimmer in his brown eyes.

When he mentioned not going anywhere anytime soon, she groaned and sat upright again, throwing herself against the back of the couch. "Oh come on! Just when I was getting ready to kark off." she complained, folding her arms and acting like a child. She looked back to him as he voiced his thoughts on her statement, relaxing a bit. "That's easy for you. You actually got good stuff to reflect back on. I got none of that. I'm not a good person, I didn't do good stuff in my life and I don't wanna sit on a porch looking like a raisin and thinking back to the time I did spice and blew up places or massacred a warehouse full of people." she commented, looking at the window changing scenery again. "I need a window like this. It's karking trippy." she muttered watching it with curiosity.

Thankfully he decided to switch topics... though it wasn't that much better, if she had to be honest. She sighed and lied back down, avoiding eye contact as she gave a shrug. "What did you expect? I was a rough person who met a cool guy, it was only a matter of time with how me and Kaa went on. As for Matt well... he was there with me when she knocked on my door. I was hoping for something... more... with his reaction. But it's like he wasn't even that bothered. He simply gave me a pep talk and left me to figure it out on my own. At least he's been helping her out a ton. He got her to somehow open up to me and he's also helping with the construction on her pod." she explained away with a surprisingly calm voice. "I guess I got him to thank for the fact that she gave me a chance but... I dunno, I don't want to." she admitted as she sat up and rested against Cas. "I just keep thinking of a conversation we had before we broke up. We were legitimately thinking of starting a family eventually. And now... having to do this with him only as a friend... I just don't like it." her voice grew more and more annoyed as she spoke, getting worked up at the thoughts in her head. "Like I opened up to the karking idiot and he did me in like this. He's the reason I did everything I did to turn my life around and now I'm doing all this alone. Sure I could 'do it for myself' but do I look like I give a shit about myself? News flash! I don't!" she raised her voice almost into a shout as she threw her arms into the air.

She dropped back against Cas but quickly sat forward to snatch the bottle of brandy. She took a swig of the liquor and sighed at the taste. "I'm over him, Cas. Like really, I am. We can be friends and all but I understand it's never gonna be anything more again. I just hate being alone like this." she muttered softly, taking another swig. "The more I think about it, the more a rebound would have worked wonders for me." she quipped with a scoff. "Kark you for dropping me in that department, by the way. I'm gonna be holding it against you." she teased as she bumped him with the bottle and took another sip. "Leaving a girl hanging like that, what the kark is wrong with you?" she joked further, glancing up at him with a smug grin.

Cadere Cadere

Sam raised a good point, her past wasn't exactly something to be proud of but it didn't take long for Cas to counter her point with his own "Maybe. Then again you're what? Thirty? You've got a good forty years left (probably) why not fill those years with stuff to be proud of? I guarantee that by the time you're old and gross, you'll have plenty of positives to reflect on." he argued, throwing in a shrug at the end. Despite his appearance of being a useful idiot, he tended to have some words of wisdom stored in his noggin - sometimes.

When Sam sighed at, what he thought, was a simple question and lied down on his lap, he knew this was going to be a long answer. He smirked at her answer about getting pregnant at sixteen "Good to know you weren't that far removed from the typical teenage girl. 'Oh my goodness this guy is so cool! Oop, now I'm pregnant!'" he teased before allowing her to continue. What came next was, a rant about Mathieu, although she claimed to be over him... with the way she went on made him think otherwise, forcing the Kiffar to give Sam a look that said "Suuuuuure you are."

"What you're mad about... isn't that just a relationship? Yeah, it sucks, one moment you're all lovey dovey and in talks of starting a family, the next it's over. It happens. If you don't like the way things are now... maybe you just shouldn't be friends?" he shrugged again, unsure if his suggestion was even correct "You say you don't give a shit about yourself, but imagine if your daughter had come back into your life and you hadn't decided to turn over a new leaf? Where would you two be now? Just... try and see some positive, you know?" his youthful optimism was beginning to show, Cas had almost forgot about it for a second.

Cas flashed her a smug grin when she brought up rebounds again "If you need a rebound then you aren't over him." the Jedi stated bluntly. She teased him about shooting her down and he simply extended his metallic arm and patted her head jokingly "Trust me, if you ever got a piece of this-" he started, gesturing at himself "-You'd never leave me alone again." Cas concluded, quipping. Although, it was all in good fun, the Kiffar was a confident individual but when it came to that department, there wasn't enough experience there to be cocky yet. "But if you need it so bad, let's just go to Zeltros or something. You're bound to get some action there." Cas proposed, flashing her a goofy smirk.

Last edited:
When he made his little joke about her getting pregnant, she shot him an annoyed look but still let a scoff escape her. She sometimes wondered how she would be if she went to school with her current mindset. She would likely get expelled within the first week. But she wasn't in the mood for jokes now. She had a bunch to get off her chest. Cas suggested ending the friendship but that merely earned another glare from her. "I don't wanna write my friends off. I only got so many and I need to be sure the few I have I can trust. I might wanna kick Matt's ass but I know I can rely on him. Even now." she admitted almost in a hiss as she looked away, hugging herself. He went on to call her out on her statement which she couldn't deny at all.

"I'll do anything for her. She's my best chance at proving to everyone, including myself, that I can be better. I don't wanna be the reason she falls into the same life I lived. If I can at least give her a chance at having a good life, I'll do anything to make it possible." she admitted softly as she glanced at him. Her mood shifted when he called her out again over Matt, but she chose to keep quiet. No need to go personal now...

An idea that lasted two seconds at most.

She scoffed as she smirked at Cas, looking him up and down. "queen please, you think you're that good? The only thing you got over some other guys I knew is the fact that you can actually talk about stuff. And your voice isn't that annoying." she quipped as she lightly flicked a dreadlock on his head. She rested against him again with a smirk, enjoying the vibe they had between them. She was glad she didn't leave him for dead on Tatooine. Her eyes went wide at the mention of going to Zeltros, causing her to look up at him. "It's gonna take a lot to get me to party with a Zeltron again. Kark me..." she stated as she took another swig of her drink. "You know they're the reason I'm off spice, right? The last time I got frisky with one we did a metric kark-ton worth of spice. I woke up in her arms with a womp-rat sleeping with us and a Twi'lek crossdresser chained to the foot of our bed. Never again." she explained as she took another sip and finally set the bottle aside. "Well that just took half a kriffing bottle. I was wondering if I'd feel anything tonight." she quipped, nodding to the half-empty bottle of brandy in front of her.

She rested against him once more with a calming sigh and simply enjoyed the moment. Though after a few moments she sighed once more with boredom evident in her tone. A few moments more and she sat up to face him with a frown. "Okay, either we're flying off for an adventure or we're getting in bed, your choice!" she dictated with a demanding voice. "No, kark that! You don't have a say." she followed up as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards the door. "We're going to Florrum, I can't just sit here like a karking Jedi." she grumbled, dragging him along.

"I need to get my pistols, come on." she commented as she headed for an exit.

Cadere Cadere

"Well, aren't you the loyal friend." he teased with a raised eyebrow, crossing his leg over the other - all jokes aside, he did appreciate that despite their past Sam was willing to stick by Mat as a friend. He wondered if she felt the same way about him... probably a dumb question in hindsight. After she admitted to 'not giving a shit about herself' he was pleased to see her change her tune at the mention of her daughter "Good, I'm proud of you for stepping up. I always knew you were a good person deep down but this proved my point even more." he admitted honestly, smiling at her warmly.

Sam quickly attempted to deflate his ego but it'd take a lot more than a quip, scoffing back and leaning back with a smug look he ignored her playful disses "Heh, I guess you'll never find out." Cas quipped, also taking in and appreciating the relaxed vibe between them, letting out a relaxed sigh as he did so. Sadly, Sam wasn't as enthusiastic about his idea to go to Zeltros and revealed a... very interesting story regarding her last time on the planet, prompting Cas to snicker and shake his head. "Why is that unsurprising? Man, and I wanted to hook up with some Zeltron babes... it's on my bucket list." the Kiffar confessed before going silent again, elaborating on what he just said, Cas hooked his fingers to his chin "Um, was that like... misogynistic?" he asked, sounding slightly nervous.

The young Knight eventually relaxed again, taking in this small moment of peace before Sam unexpectantly sat up and faced him. Cas raised an eyebrow, goading for her to 'go on' - she gave him a choice of either going on an adventure or going to bed (or in her case, going home). As he opened his mouth to give her his answer, Sam apparently answered the question for him as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him toward the door "Ow, ow, ow! Still sore!" he exclaimed before pulling his arm out of her grip.

"Just wait a sec!" he said holding his arms up "I'm not even fully dressed, I don't have my lightsabers and... I'm not allowed to leave yet..." the Jedi confessed in a low tone sounding almost embarrassed, stretching his arm across his chest "I got my back sliced up and I'm on non-negotiable meditative retreat until I heal." he revealed. Taking a moment to glance around the room, he walked closer to Sam and leaned in to whisper "If we're doing this, we gotta meet at nightfall - if I'm caught I'll get a disciplinary, know how boring that is? So we have to be a discreet as possible." the Jedi instructed before turning to get dressed "Oh, and we're definitely not going to Florrum. Place is for pansies, which I understand is up your alley but isn't up mine." he insisted, teasing Sam as he started to put on his jacket.

Sam blinked in surprise at Cas' question, not really sure what to make of it. "I dunno. Never heard the word before in my life. Anyway, I won't recommend it. They will kark you up on that planet." she commented as she sat back. Though her annoyance only grew more when he chickened out as they reached the door. He pulled free from her grip and argued against going immediately. Folding her arms she glared at him with skepticism, not exactly inclined to believe a word he said. "From what I heard, 'meditative retreat' is just the Jedi excuse to go do stupid shit." she quipped as she leaned against the door.

When he turned to get dressed she threw her arms up in the air and landed face first onto his bed with a groan. "Cas you're killing me here!" her muffled voice called through the sheets. She turned her head and stared at his funky window as she tried to cope with the awful situation. "First you drop me like an aspirin then you chicken out on running off for some fun... what the hell am I supposed to do in the meantime?" she asked as she rolled over to look at him. She picked up a pillow and hurled it at his head. "Alright then. If not Florrum then where?" she asked him with defeat in her voice as she dropped back against the bed, sprawling herself out over it. "That place is karking easy to get a job. So if you got a better suggestion, I'm all ears."

A smirk formed on her lips as she sat upright, glaring at him. "Not too late to come join me here, you know." she quipped teasingly, hoping to press some of his buttons. But even that was only fun for a whole 5 seconds before she dropped against the bed again. "I'm tipsy, anxious, energetic and bored. You know what kind of horrible combination that is?" she asked him with a groan.

Cadere Cadere

Cas frowned at her and gave her a look that wordlessly conveyed 'really?' - the mechanic really didn't know what the word misogynistic meant? Then he remembered, her education wasn't great growing up which caused him to relent and drop his disappointed look and snicker instead. Snicker at her obliviousness.

"When my 'superiors' say 'meditative retreat'." Cas explained forming quotations with his fingers "They mean stay my ass home until I'm healed." the Jedi concluded. However, it didn't seem good enough for Sam as she visibly displayed her dissatisfaction with him... on his bed. Cas' nostrils flared as he contested Sam's statement about 'chickening out' "Don't do that, Sheridan. Trying to dig at my ego. I am not getting caught and I am for sure not going to be on library guard for punishment." he shuddered, sounding frustrated at the thought of being stuck on library guard.

Finally dressed, he answered her next set of questions "Nar Shaddaa? There's bound to be some 'bad decision makers' we can 'rehibilitate'." the Kiffar suggested, implying on beating down and arresting bad guys. Cas snickered at her 'proposal', shaking his head Cas responded playfully "Never happening, Sheridan. I think, uh, what's his name... Mike? Is DTK though." smirking devilishly at his last sentence. Approaching the bed, Cas sat at the edge of it and leaned against his thighs, looking at Sam over his shoulder "The kriff are you anxious for?" he wondered. Following her question, Cas would summon over a handheld hologaming device and begin to play on it until it was time to leave.

Naturally, when having fun, time flies by and before he knew it it was nightfall. Cas wasn't a novice to sneaking out of Silver Rest, so, as if it was no effort to him, Cas raised a finger to his lips and gestured for Sam to be quiet before leading her to the door. Exiting his quarters, the Kiffar glanced around the hall for a moment before quickly concealed his presence within the Force before stealthily leading Sam through the Templ halls, periodically stopping her when he sensed a presence nearby.

Finally reaching outside of the Temple, Cas turned toward Sam and gave her a smile "Alright, your turn. Impress me." he whispered, for he had no idea where she stored her ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom