Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ousting the Heretics of Lannai (G'rho)

My completion of surviving alone in the forests, a lesson handed down to me by my Master, on Panatha was concluding. My lesson, simplicity in itself, was to learn something about myself. Master Venefica told me that in order for me to become a perfect and complete Sith I must endure the hardships of isolation, thus doing a little soul searching. Since I couldn't eat basic food due to my mask, I was allowed to bring only two weeks worth of nourishment, and spread that out over the course of the lesson. Since there weren't many predators skulking about, I spent many days and nights deep in meditation attempting to enhance my connection to the darkside of the Force. Besides the meditation sessions, I was ordered by Master Venefica to work thoroughly on what Force skills I possessed. According to her, I needed to master these before I could begin learning new facets of what the darkside offered.

Exhausted and Force weary, I returned to the capital city where the Black Empire operated secretly with hopes of a good shower and a great night's rest. Sleeping on the ground or in caves never allowed me to fully regain my physical and mental strength as the days passed by. My body felt as though it was on the verge of collapse many times, but my mental fortitude to succeed always seemed to trump whatever exhaustion that threatened to unravel me. I was glad to be back in civilization.

The moment I stepped through the sliding doors toward the shower in the quarters granted to me by my superiors, I was handed a datapad from one of the shadow operatives that worked behind the scenes for the Black Empire. Handing was not the right word, more like it was thrust into my hands. Before I could make a valid protest as to why my quarters where being breached or make inquiries as to why I was being forced fed this electronic device, the operative dashed out the sliding doors before they closed. I stared at the offensive device for a few minutes before activating it.

The voice of my Master crackled through it, ordering me to meet her at the docking bay at once where she will personally fill me in on what details I needed to know. Angry and tired, I crushed the device in my hand and turned to exit the comforts of my quarters. I arrived at the docking bay only to discover that my Master, who preached punctuality, was not present.

[member="Darth Venefica"]

Darth Venefica marched through unholy corridors that led to the hidden base's docking bay area. She had been tasked to go to another forest planet to hunt down some heretics that had sought to thwart the Black Empire's ruler, Darth Carnifex. She hated anything Jedi related, especially fanatical groups like these Adherents of Lannai; who claimed themselves to be high priests and priestesses, and who had aligned themselves with rogue Jedi. She would not fail, for she would bring their heads in a nifty bag to lay at the feet of Darth Carnifex. But the Necro-Witch would not go alone, for she had ordered her Apprentice to join her. This was a grand opportunity to see what he could accomplish on a important mission such as this, plus get in some training as well for her masked monster.
She entered the docking area, sensing and seeing the weariness on her Apprentice. This was good! As she had learned so many years ago, relying to heavy on the Force could get you expelled from the galaxy, because as Sith, one needed to learn to balance their Force well of energy with that of their natural skills and talents. This, she believed, would be an excellent lesson for her young Apprentice to learn.
"We are headed to the planet of G'rho.....to hunt down a group of Lannai dissidents who have taken up residence in the forests," she barked stopping in front of him. "The reports we have received shows an ancient hidden temple erected in the forest where they are working to stage another attempt against the Black Empire and it's Dark Lord."
She walked passed him, turning her nose up in disgust at his foul scent, saying as she entered their ship, "And do find time to wash that offensive ordour from your body, Apprentice!"
the_temple_in_the_forest_by_capottolo-d4i54uo.jpg
G'rho
Electing not to set down on the temple's front steps and alert their prey they had arrived, the Sith Lady had set a course that would force them to walk a few days to reach their destination. In the coming days, she would use the time to train her Apprentice. He had told her during one of their discussions what he had wished to learn, in terms of Force abilities, and though some of what he desired to uncover didn't fall into her knowledge of some of the abilities; there were a few that she could teach him. The rest, as she did, he would need to seek out himself personally. Plus, there was more than just the Force he needed to learn from her. She didn't like others teaching her Apprentice, because as Sith, plotting was a natural occurrence among their Order. No, she alone would teach him, and send him scouring through the galaxy to seek out what she couldn't teach him.
"This forest is massive....and though we know where they are....we are not going to them firsthand," she told him when the pair exited the ship. Looking up to the sky, she frowned in disgust as the day was on the verge of surrendering to the night. She held no fear of anything, but she knew it would be foolish of them to trek through a region both were unfamiliar with. Turning to the two men accompanying them, she said, "Begin offloading our camping accessories." Looking over her shoulder at her Apprentice she added, "And you, my young Apprentice, will forge ahead to find us a suitable place to camp for the evening. In the morning, you will begin your first lesson on this mission."
[member="Clovis Torcularis"]​

I looked at the area where we landed, feeling a sense of conflict flowing through the forest. I couldn't quite use my own Force skills to pinpoint certain beacons of the Lightside, but I could feel the uncomfortable tugging from my alignment's opposition. The Adherents were here, along with their Jedi guardians, and the Force was strong with them. My Master failed to mention an exact number we would be facing, but I've seen her fight a couple of times and I was sure that what ever we faced we could conquer. I, myself, was not to shabby with my lightsabers, it was my Force abilities that I needed to work out. The time in the forests back on Pantha had helped me considerably.

"Yes, Master," I replied and headed out into the forest alone. I was looking for a perfect spot where we could not only make camp but a spot that could grant us a defensive position if the Jedi and the Adherents decided to strike first. I found several prospective lots, but each one failed to give us a defensive hold. On my second walk through I noticed a flat of land surrounded on three sides by a lake and the fourth side protected by a rocky monolith. I elected to choose this spot for various reasons and made my way back to the shuttle in time to see the two men finishing unloading our gear.

"Master," I said stopping next to her, "I've found a site that will be pleasing to you. Follow me and we can begin setting up camp." I led the others through the forest, through the water, and eventually to the piece of dry land. "I am confident this will serve us well for the evening."

[member="Darth Venefica"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom