Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS_FPS1_Ground.png

Shields101.jpg

Image Source: Text Custom | Image Movies​

Intent: Ground Based Fortified Position Heavy Shields.
Development Thread: Republic Invasion of Balmorra
Manufacturer: Various Sith Companies | FFE for the alloy, coating and casing. (15% Ownership)
Model: OS-FPS1 Ground - Fortified Position Shields.
Affiliation: The One Sith | FFE (Special Order Only) | 769th Stormtrooper Legion
Modularity: No, though a smaller version might be made with a smaller output/range for vehicles.
Production: Mass Produced

Material: Agr-Dura Alloy (AD0)
Duravlex 60%
Agrinium 40%
Anti-Corr 113 (Coating and Finish)

Description:

Having a maximum range of a spherical 100 meters in all directions, the shield can be set to 50-100 depending on the terrain and necessity. The FPS is a dome based shield which allows energy fire out but not in, things with a lower energy output can enter, such as people or vehicles at a slow pace, but rushing too fast into the shield will cause someone or something to bounce while it’s up. Positioning the struts and upper mountings for the ionization buffers takes the time, otherwise its a fairly quick deployment of the device once its moved into place.

Liaising with FFE, a new partnership born of necessity to expand FFE's trading partners, has seen the beginnings of defensive emplacements devised for fixed ground actions and fortification. While the OS companies have been many and varied, FFE’s involvement was in a technical capacity, using a simpler variation on their previously developed ADN1 alloy, and their previously marketed corrosion resistant coating on the equipment. While their electronic experts provided some of the experience in fitting the Ionization Buffers to integrate into the design. The ADN0 alloy offers superior radiation, blaster and heat resistance to the previous ADN1, for the metal itself, at the expensive of having no other special properties.

Modern day heavy shields at the core, the ionization buffers are used at fixed points around the outer edges of the shield, to draw and attract emp energy to contain it. While one ring of buffers is usually outside the shield, the other inside as a fall back in case of receiving heavy orbital fire. The shields are able to stop a decent amount of energy based weapons, with some matter resistance as well if its moving fast enough, they will run down over time even without damage, but can recharge if left turned down to minimal power.

Techs Integrated
Ionization Buffer
Deflector Shield
Gungan Shield Generator
ADN1 Alloy and coating was first developed here:

Strengths
+Ion Damage Buffers to absorb and attract EMP fire, these will eventually burn out individually across its radius, leaving different areas free of EMP protection.
+Very High Resistance to Energy based Damage, Blaster | Sonic | Particle | with partials to other energy based sources like tensor or concussive wave.
+High speed Matter will bounce unless entering slowly.
+Equipment (Not shield) Acid | Corrosion resistant coating, helps maintain the finish of the equipment from the elements.
+Equipment (Not shield) Radiation | Heat | Blaster resistance from the ADN0 Alloy.

Weaknesses
-Fixed in place when on.
-Only partial resistance to plasma electrical discharge given its nature.
-(Shield) Has no special resistance to Cold | Heat | Acid | Chemicals which will enter in weaponized form.
-Long Battles will see the powersource run out even if they are not shot at.
-Men women and vehicles can enter at a slow pace, but will bounce at a run or if moving quickly.
-No resistance to explosives going off inside if they enter slow enough, explosives outside will drain the shield as normal, depending on the fragmentation of the projectiles this might be quicker or slower.
-Weight, the generator takes a squad of six or a small transport to carry over distance.
-Outer Ionization buffers can be targeted individually, but are resistant to heat/radiation as per their alloy.

Balance
+/- The shields can be recharged if given 15 minutes but provide no protection while down, and will burn out if this happens more than once in a day.
+/- With 6 men setup takes 5 minutes, but 20 minutes to move once deployed, meaning they really are fixed for the duration of most battles.

Primary Source: None

Notes:
*This is the first of four standard techs born from 769th’s experiences from the Balmorra Invasion and the battle of the canyon.
*I am assuming the buffer is in this case being used as a buffer that will overload eventually, not an I win button vs ion weapons.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Reshmar"]

Sections Altered
Techs Integrated
Gungan Shield Generator

As far as I know there is no need to directly name a tech in a deved thread, it can for example be the result of a thread, if it makes sense, or an unnamed prize at the end of a Jedi mission for example which we do time to time, giving padawns or a knight some leeway on the specifics of a sub. It could be in a crate or box you find as an example on an old relic. The specifics of the thread are generally lax in that regard, just depends if you think enough effort went into the thread above. Bearing in mind I am planning 4 techs, you might say 4 is too many for example for this quality or feel it fair.

I also wouldn’t use a non developed tech in an invasion, a personal preference of feeling it unfair or pulling it out of thin air on another writer. - Further i've included the tech its based on specifically, as this is a modernizing update of the canon tech the gungan's used, the update being in the Ion buffers.

I’ve subbed a unit this way before:

Wildcards - Specifically the hard targets who were originally their own unit after Coruscant was first sacked by Sith, and the AoL formed, later integrated into this large sub after Kei’s move to the then SJO, they were made specifically in response to the Republic/Sith fight there.

Kylath's opponent had a heavier use of shields here, naturally facing that, and the bombardment of missiles which went on for several posts, the amadis muse is to adapt and make use of.

However if you want more posts on the tech by all means let me know how many. I would in that case be looking to do a more versatile field construction including some PD and ECM ground countermeasures. (Which was my next tech to sub!)

ADM. Reshmar

To use a thread as development it has to have something to do with the tech being submitted. Be it in concept, construction, or realization. You cannot simply link a thread that you were active in that had nothing to do with the submitted technology.

Kylath Amadis said:
Kylath's opponent had a heavier use of shields here, naturally facing that, and the bombardment of missiles which went on for several posts, the amadis muse is to adapt and make use of.
I need posts showing they have something to do with this technology. I did not see any in character musing about this in the post you linked.

All that being said, this really is just a mobile shield generator, and doesn't need development. The weakness' more then make up for the strengths. Just remove the development thread link and it should be good to go.

[member="Reshmar"]

There is no rule about what a dev thread can or cannot be.

It comes down to whether you, the judge, feels the thread put enough work either into or for the tech in question.

The thread referenced, had multiple posts of kylath's position being hit by missile and small arms fire, this tech is a direct response to that, the unit developed during the battle.

I am making a point of this, because my preferred way of development is doing a mission for example, then having the tech be a reward or gift at the end of it, say an arena battle for example, or a long journey to find a relic. This is quite common for certain techs.

Here is another example:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/55507-darth-krayts-reborn-armor/

Either way shelve this to archive and I'll put up a more robust development thread for the techs I have planned, the sub will see some alteration at the end of it.

ADM. Reshmar

The way you want to develop your submissions is fine. If you want to use a story with a reward that's awesome but you would need to reference the item being submitted in character in that thread. Also you would need more than one post in the thread. A valid development thread must have 10 quality posts for development at the minimum. If you used a large thread as development you would need to post at least 10 times and at least reference the technology in some way.

[member="Reshmar"]

Requesting an archive please.

Thanks for explaining your position to clarify for the future, there were several posts done by kylath can't remember off hand how many. No wish to argue the point further here however of what constitutes development and what doesn't. I'll do some further dev work to back it up cheers.

Kylath Amadis said:
Requesting an archive please.
I am happy to archive this for you. But i wanted to point this out in case it was missed.

Reshmar said:
All that being said, this really is just a mobile shield generator, and doesn't need development. The weakness' more then make up for the strengths. Just remove the development thread link and it should be good to go.
All you have to do is remove the dev thread from the sub and the judge will post this pending approval.

Do you still want to archive it if all it requires is for you to remove the dev thread link for that approval? If so, i'll do so. :)

[member="Cira"]

Yep thanks, appreciate you putting it on ice for now. I can do 3 of the four techs I was going to do in one package or put some work in for them another way. Like to show I made the effort for the toys where I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom