Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orrazerus Expeditions! (Open)

800px-Caldeum-bandit-city1_zpse4f64ea4.jpg

[member="Alcuin"]

Orrazerus. A lost planet almost on the fringes of known space. Vassara had led a company of local Rangers mixed with Jedi to fend of a Dark Jedi attack here once. Orra the last colony in a world full of treacherous fauna and all manner of beasts, stood as a last Bastion of hope. The Ramshackle Stockades walls were patrolled by rough bearded men, with cowboy hats and tan vests. Hammerlocks Rangers. Or what was left of them.

Vassara was not here to do any particular battle today though. No she was in search of a rare and fabled stash of Lightsaber Crystals, and perhaps a few ancient Datacrons and Antiques. There was a village far north of here that had been overrun by the feral beasts of Dark Alchemy, and had a coven of Witches camped out within it.

It had been a while since Tortuga. she could barely remember the Witch that hexed her, haunting her dreams but she was drawn here, and the spiral scar on her shoulder still tingled when she thought of it. Half her soul possessed by the Nightsister spirit lay dormant.

She had hired on a hand to trudge through the muck and mire, as well as a few mercs. Alcuin was his name. A strange grizzled gentleman. She guessed he was spacer maybe, but she was not entirely certain. The buzz of the insects and deep growls in the night punctuated the cool ashy air as the ramp of the Gypsy Caravan whooshed open. She stepped down the ramp, black boots clicking against dull gray steel.

"Ready to go exploring?" She asked, cocking her head at her grizzly partner.

Alcuin was indeed grizzly, having not shaved in... Well... Months really... He had been aboard his ship, trying to gain a sense of where things lay now-a-days... Spend long enough removed from the galaxy, and when you came back into things, you found everyone and everything was different... Months, if not a year or two, had seen him scraping about the Outer Rim, getting a feel and handle on things, finding his feet again, and taking a few jobs, big and small, to help line his pockets. The unique skills of his people had faded from Galactic knowledge, and there weren't even really any legends of them anymore, which suited the Anefilt man just fine, really.

There wasn't a stitch of armor to be had to the man really... He was just bundled in non-descript spacers gear with a utility belt holding a few devices here and there an explorer or tech-junky might have. A rather mean looking shotgun rode on a sling across his chest, hanging at his side, and the look on his face seemed fixed permanently somewhere between constipation and indigestion, i.e. a disgruntled contempt. Despite that, he was hardly an unpleasant traveling companion, and quite capable for such missions, just hardly the most verbal of companions. The response to Vassara's query was a short, quick nod, and for his eyes to track the surroundings for a minute before he responded.

"Ready as one can be... At least there isn't likely to be lavaworms... Lost a good pair of boots to those bastards out on the Far Rim..."

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

[member="Alcuin"]

Vassara chuckled at the comment as her boots made contact with the ashy dirt of the settlement.

"Lavaworms eh? Can they offer any crafting materials?"

She was a crafter, an adventurer. Always one had to keep an ear out for such leads.

The wind was howling across the darkness. Candles and old oil lamps flickered in the night casting dancing shadows upon the rusty half steel and wooden buildings. They had made it some ways down the dark alleys before Vassara stopped and rapped sharply with her knuckles upon a decaying door.

This was the Rangers Cantina. Before any expedition it was always sound to get a map. Sufficed to say Alcuin had never met them, but they surely remembered Vassara.

"Stopping to get a map and a drink. So tell me."

She asked, brushing back some of black strands with an errant gesture.

"Whats your story?"

Sha'Lom Kolos

B-Wing salvager, junk collector
Sha'Lom Kolos, a Skrilling wanderer and adventurer, walked into the same cantina. He saw the pair sit down a a table in the back. He followed them and hung around the bar for a bit. Kolos walked over to Vassara and Alcuin and sat down at the table.

"Pardon the interruption, I am Sha'Lom Kolos. I'm an traveler and I see you guys are too. Where you guys headed and might I be able to tag along on this journey?"

[member="Vassara Raxis"] | [member="Sha'Lom Kolos"]

The newcomer was regarded by Alcuin as he did most strangers who he didn't see as posing any sort of threat. Ignored and dismissed. Vassara could handle him in any manner, he suspected, and if it came to it, he'd just unload his shotgun and help out a bit. Not that he wanted to, really. In truth his shotgun was a messy thing, and while it did the job well, he didn't think the first time out with his newfound companion would be a good time to have to pay her med bills for removal of shrapnel and/or buckshot from her. So he kept his hands crossed over his chest, and turned his gaze to the Rogue Master and then to Sha'lom, remaining stone-faced and waiting.

[member="Sha'Lom Kolos"] [member="Alcuin"]

Vassara eyebrow rose at the sight of the newcomer. He looked short and squat and her eyes could detect no visible weapons. One hand twitched and lay dormant on the butt of her Tri barrelled blaster pistol. The other was hooked into her belt and she loosened her muscles. Her mind quieted and she let the force flow through her. Nothing registered as out of the ordinary.

"Sure thing. New adventurers are always welcome."

She gave a slight smile and those piercing blue orbs flashed devilishly. As if to say welcome, but don’t cross me.

The Cantina itself was dim and shadowy, lit with old candles that hung from the ceiling in chandeliers. A main circular bar resided in the center and tables and upholstery made from rough hewn darkwood native to the ashy planet.

Vassara kicked out a chair at the bar, and took a seat, motioning with a tiny two finger salute to a nearby Ranger. She didn't remember his name exactly, but he nodded and went into the back.

"What's your business Sha? Whats your story?"

Sha'Lom Kolos

Sha'Lom took a seat next to Vassara.

"Well, people don't generally ask that. Here goes...
I'm from Agriworld-2079, as all Skrillings are. One day when I was at my village some pirates swooped in a destroyed everything. They kidnapped my people and killed all who was left, except for me. Not me, I raced to the local hangar and hopped into a B-Wing and took off and never looked back. I can't beat the thought of what they did to my parents." He started to get shaky. "I'm sorry, this only just happened a few hours ago. I just want to take my mind off of it. Anyway, what's your story Ma'am?"

[member="Sha'Lom Kolos"] [member="Alcuin"]

The bartender came around and Vassara ordered them a round of beers. Local brew was dark as the void and more bitter than stimcaf plain. Three dusty glasses clanked on the table and pitcher alongside it. Vassara scooped up the wooden vessel and poured for each before shoving it aside and chuckling.

"My story is ver very long and complicated. I'm a displaced Spacer from Alderaan with an afinity for the force, piloting and gunfighting. I like to dedicate my time helping crush the evils of the galaxy, and exploring. You could say I have a hand in anything that is against the Sith."

She slammed back a gulp and wiped the foam with the back of her hand.

"So I see Alcuin has a weapon, what about you?"

Sha'Lom Kolos

"I have a missile launcher in my ship, but I choose not to have these types of encounters armed. I feel as if someone could be hurt. I'm not brutal towards anyone in any way unless I'm fighting pirates. Alcuin seems a bit uneasy, does he not like me? I mean no harm to either of you." Sha'Lom took a swig of the drink and decided that was enough for one day, it was nasty.

Keyan Mastigar

K
A figure had been travelling down a nearly deserted road towards the local attraction known as the Rangers Cantina, The figure was obscured from vision with a black cloak, slivers of scarlet armor could be seen when the cloak flapped along as he walked, his boots, which were also scarlet unsurprisingly, crunched the cracked sandstone street beneath him.

The figure was a Miraluka by the name of Keyan, he was a guardsman of the Imperium, but he was not here on official duty, he was here to find the planet's treasures, to perhaps study them and their long, ancient past. He would attempt to ride along with a band of adventurers like himself, and he though the best place to find people like that, was in the cantina.

He entered, attracting a few stares, but nobody looked at him twice, this was a cove of bandits, people tended to mind their own business, just hoping to survive long enough to make a living or to get off of the hellhole. He walked over to whatever bar was there and sat down on a stool, not ordering anything yet, but he did begin to scan the room until a group of three caught his attention.

[member="Vassara Raxis"] [member="Alcuin"] [member="Sha'Lom Kolos"]

There was a slight snort as he took a drink, nodding to the one known as Sha'Lom. Galaxy wide, the story was a common one, tragic as it was, and he couldn't really feel moved by it. The Anefilt were lost to the sands of time to him after his awakening. There was nothing that he could do really, the Anefilt people were so genetically similar, and identical in appearance really to humans. There was much to do to find out what had happened since his forcible 'nap', and he was shooting in the dark, looking for relics and clues blindly to see if anything worked. The Anefilt were not the most social of creatures, and so he was vainly hoping something was mentioned somewhere.

"Do not worry lad, if I didn't like you, quite frankly, you'd be dead... Not to be rude, but that is the way of it. I am sorry to hear of your troubles though. Life in the galaxy at large is pitiless and full of tragedy... It is a sad truth of the state of affairs of things."

Nodding, he took another swig of the bitter brew, nodding in satisfaction at the taste.

"Anyhow... Do we have any specificity on what we are doing here, hmmm?"

[member="Vassara Raxis"] | [member="Sha'Lom Kolos"] | [member="Keyan Mastigar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom