Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Order In The Stars [Esme]

latest

Silver Rest Library
Kashyyyk

Her back thudded into the back of the chair, a hand reached for a packet within her folds of her robes, and she pulled out the death sticks absentmindedly popping one in her mouth. A gentle chastisement reminded her of her place, as the librarian walked past and pointed at the no smoking sign.

They have no smoking signs in Jedi Temples?

Yes, it was not appropriate as there were children around let alone in the Jedi Temple of Kashyyyk. Abaigeal grinned as her replaced the stick in the packet and back into her robes.

It had been several years since she had returned to the capital of the Silver Jedi, last time she did not feel it was the right place to be. But now, in the library it was a necessity. Her name still held some sway or rather, her mother’s, but either way they are Jedi and look after those that follow the code no matter the banner.

She was here researching, looking for worlds around OPA space that hold history to the Jedi. Although OPA has vast resources, they don’t have an extensive Jedi library. The rabbit hole was deep, Abaigeal had fallen into it and tangent after tangent led her to a different piece of information that, although interesting, wasted time.

Regardless, she had hit upon some information that peaked her attention. Something that might, just might prove to be the start of something special. Now all she had to do was head to Bespin and look there.

Esme Galloway Esme Galloway

Esme Galloway

Duch'da of Gallinore
Esme stood behind one of the stacks, browsing the selections in a daze. Kathryn had been a far cry from the more tamed wilderness of Gallinore. Part of her hated that she'd been dragged to this world by her mother. To many people strong in the force crowded the city in the trees. It left the sixteen year old feeling suffocated. Why did it always come back to this. Force users, whether they be Jedi or Sith always had the taint of suffering around them. At least the Sith didn't ignore it. At times it seemed the Jedi were blind to what they leave in their wake. Esme could see that even her own mother could be just as blind.

She'd came to the library because of all the places it had the least presence. Still she could feel the others all around her. Esme focused inward, drawing her own presence down until it was a tiny pin prick, allowing nothing but her own heart beat and the occasional whispers invade her sanctuary. It was one of those whispers that drew her attention next. No smoking.?

It came from the other side of the stacks. Esme pulled a data tape from its place, letting the girl peer through to the other side. She saw a woman sitting at a terminal, stuffing some sort of pack back into her pocket as a librarian walked away. Her curiosity got the better of her as she absent mindedly tried to set the tape down, but missed the shelf, causing it to crash to the floor with a loud clatter. Looking down Esme saw that it was now in a broken mess. Tears started to form as she panicked over explaining the mess.

The silence was shattered. Abaigeal’s head popped up from the computer terminal looking directly ahead to the source of it. All she saw was a set of eyes with a touch of fear in them. Thinking quickly, she put here data pad on the floor just before the librarian tuned the corner, again. She was met with a stern face for breaking the golden rule of the library, and she shooshed her. Abaigeal felt like she was kid again.

Once the woman was out of sight, Abaigeal found the girl behind the shelfing and the broken pad. “Hello”, she approached and made sure her voice was at a whisper. She crouched down gathering up all the pieces, the pad was not too badly damaged, it could be fixed.

“Don’t worry about the pad. Who wants to learn about ‘Jedi Robes through the Ages’ anyway”. She had taken note of the content.

Abaigeal placed all the pieces on the table behind the shelfing for the librarian to find later. By that time, both of them would be long gone and not the suspects. “Are you looking for something in particular?”, she asked thinking the young girl might be searching for information herself.

“I might be able to help”. The young girl still looked worried, and to alleviate her a little more so she could relax, “I’m Abaigeal, Jedi Master”. That felt strange in a good way, it had been a long time since she had called herself Jedi Master.

Esme Galloway

Duch'da of Gallinore
Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron

"No...nothing in particular. I've not been to this world before. I was curious as to what Jedi put in their libraries."

Esme stood their examining the broken device. It really wasn't too damaged. Maybe she could fix it in time. It would give the young girl something to do. Yet, she knew it was only to distract herself from the real thoughts swimming around in her head. Esme looked up into Abaigeal's eyes before she glanced over at the stacks again. This would be the best place to look. Her mother always had anything pertaining to the subject looked away. But would this Jedi be the best person to ask. Hadn't she always heard the Jedi hide away such knowledge jealously.

Taking a deep breath Esme decided to take the plunge. She would like get the answers to her question unless she started taking risks. "Actually.....there is something. I am looking for information on the subject of Sith Alchemy.." The last two words fading away into a whisper. If there were any answers into her mother's own interest on the subject, not to mention her father's, in would be in part found here.

“Hmm, well there is a lot of things Jedi keep in here. Just depends on what you are looking for. Maybe I can help?”. The young girl seemed to be a little furtive about what she wanted which intrigued Abaigeal. There was even a slight gaze toward the restricted section.

Well, that was gutsy. Not too many Jedi would look for such knowledge of Sith Alchemy. It was clear why the girl was hesitant in asking. Usually this topic was not approached to students until they were much older, and even then, they were tested to see if they would be capable of acquiring such knowledge without the risk of them being corrupted.

But, this was not something Abaigeal held fear over, if the teacher is a good one, the student should have no fear of the danger simply because their master would look after them and give them strength in themselves to confront it.

“The knowledge you seek is in there”, she pointed to the restricted area in which only master may enter. “I have an idea. Hold out your arms”. Abaigeal grabbed data books off the shelving and piled them into the young girls outstretched arms.

“Follow me”, she led the girl to the locked gates and keyed in a code on the security panel. They walked in silence for a while along the vast shelves until they arrived at the section where the information on Sith Alchemy is found. At this point she would not ask the question of why she was so interested in this topic.

“What exactly do you want to know?”.

Esme Galloway

Duch'da of Gallinore
Esme looked around the section with awe. She could feel so many mixed emotions coming off these tomes. Her own feelings here in conflict as she wondered if she should even be in here. What kind of Master would just drag and untrained girl into this place because she asked about forbidden knowledge. The data books almost slipped from her arms as she slowly approached the selves. Where could she possibly start.

"I read some of my mother's...notes on our bloodline. They were cryptic, as if she didn't trust the knowledge. But I understood it to mean that our bloodline started with Sith Alchemy." Esme set down the books on a table. She looked down at her shaking hands before looking up at Abaigeal E'ron Abaigeal E'ron with a determined expression. "I'm not like the others my age. I'm a freak. Most in my family can do things no other Jedi or Sith can. I want to know why."

Abaigeal looked up and down the corridor of book selves making sure they were alone. “If you forbid something, whether it is knowledge or actions or even something as simple as sweets. Those forbidden things become even more desirable”. She offered a smile in hope that the young girl would understand her bringing here in here.

“I am not going to allow you to go off and do something or try something in these books, I am here to help you find answers. It would be very irresponsible of me if I did not try at least. In time you will be able to take the book and find out for yourself but there is a good reason why they are in this section”.

That being said, the next thing that Esme said struck home with Abaigeal. “I don’t know your mother, but I assume that she was only trying to protect you. In the same way I protect you against this knowledge now. You are not freak Esme, just because you can do things others can’t. Have you ever thought that that is what makes you special? But it does not make you better than anyone, we are all the same in that regard”.

Abaigeal looked along the selves and found a book on Sith Alchemy, even she had to reach for it. “You are not alone you know”, she handed Esme the book to read here in the restricted section, “I too am a produce of Sith Alchemy. But my being this way was not out of something horrible, but through love. My mother was Corellian, my father .. he was forged by it and through him, it runs through my veins”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom