Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Orar'bev - Thunder Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
rock_davincis_scifi_crossbow_23.07_final_comp_003.jpg

Image Source: HERE
Intent: Personal Weapon for Vilaz Munin
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Gotal'Veman Arms & Armor (Ijaat Akun)
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: None - Only the type of ammo can be varied.
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Veshok Wood, Mass-Driver Components,
Classification: Crossbow/Mass-Driver cannon (miniaturized)
Size: Handheld
Length: 88.9 cm
Weight: 3.7 kg
Ammunition Type:
  • Default: Tungsten carbide steel bolts with broadhead tip.
  • Specailized: Tungsten carbide steel bolts with monomolecuar tip.

Ammunition Capacity: 1 shot and reload new projectile. 3 shots and change power cell. Quiver capacity of 30 bolts.
Effective Range: 1,800 meters
Rate of Fire: Single-shot
Special Features:
  • *Able to fire it's projectile at 3 mp/s due to mass-driver propulsion system(Cannon)
  • *Tungsten rods it fires assures that even a near miss will be harrowing due to impact damage. They may not harm, but you will notice them hit.
  • *Produces an ear splitting roar when fired, similar to a peal of thunder from far off
  • *Quiver doubles as an attached power generator/pack in addition to holding 30 arrows
  • *Monomolecular tips can punch all but the strongest armor (class 9 and under).
  • *Broadhead tips can puncture Rank 6 and below.
  • *Smooth armor or flutings may redirect and reflect the projectile.
  • *Intertial dampeners in the stock and both of the folding 'arms'/bows at front to deal with recoil

Description:

Finished in a brushed metal of durasteel and dark veshok wood stock, the 'bow' is loaded and 'cocked' by a pull lever like a repeating crossbow of old. The weapon is held to his chest with a trandoshan hide sling, adorned with mythosaur engraved studs of electrum.

The stock is slightly bulky, as are the 'limbs' of the 'bow' due to the intertial dampeners to deal with the force of the recoil of the weapon when fire. The weapon is aimed by both a laser sight, iron sights, or an uplink in the laser sight to synch with the HUD system in Vilaz' armor. Though, due to the nature of the projectile and firing mechanism, it is less accurate than a rifle, but more so accurate than a standard pistol.

The quiver is made of durasteel, with the bottom half hanging past Vilaz's knee, strapped to his thigh like a holster. It holds 30 bolts with enough spinning dial selector on the weapon itself to where the closest arrow may be picked to be one of three tips vilaz can pre program. The quiver also holds enough in the selector drum to hold 45 tips for selection. The quiver also houses a charge generator to power the weapon, with enough cells in the waist belt to fully power the weapon for 30 shots (10x cells)

Primary Source: N/A
Cannon Reference: Mass-driver cannon

"Ammunition Capacity: 1 shot and reload new projectile. 3 shots and change power cell. Quiver capacity of 30 arrows."

Crossbows fire bolts not arrows. Some people call them arrows but I don't care how right that may be your in my house now son!

Tungsten rods - when the bolt leaves the crossbow the bolt flexes and then straightens quickly. The bolt needs to be a material resistant to permanent bending but still enough flex to maintain the initial trajectory of the crossbow. This is star wars, so quite frankly it doesn't matter, but I would consider something like a tungston carbide steel to make in more ductile lighter weight and retain it's toughness but that's just me. Also the heavier the shaft of the bolt the lower the velocity will be and so I am going to have to ask you to adjust the range to show a maximum effective range. I seriously don't care if you do the math or just pull a number out of your posterior we just can't say "I have a solid metal shaft with the highest melting point of any natural metal and can shoot it infinite distances". So I think that's about it. Go ahead and let me know if you have questions, comments or are ready to continue. Thanks bunches.

Ordo
xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom