Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech OR-SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Kaloo

R
Full65683.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Outer Rim Military Engineering
  • Affiliation: ORME, SJO
  • Model: OR-SAP (Outer Rim Standard Armor Plating), Variants I-III
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Minor
  • Material: Titanium core, Agrinium surface, alusteel interior (Same for all three Variants, but in increasing thickness)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Starfighter Armor (Variant I), Anti-Capital Armor (Variant II), Heavy Anti-Capital Armor (Variant III)
  • Weight: Light (All three Variants, in density)
  • Resistances:
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Average (Variant I), High (Variant III), Very High (Variant III)
- Kinetic: Average (All three Variants)
- Lightsabers: Average (All three variants)
- Ion: Average (Variant I), Low (Variant II), Very Low (Variant III)
- Explosives: Low (Variant I), Average (Variant II and III)

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • N/A
Strengths:
  • Bulletproof - Even Variant I armor can take multiple shots from a starfighter before cracking, while the larger two variants excel even more at absorbing laser fire of any size.
  • Lightweight - Being made of three relatively light metals, titanium, alusteel, and agrinium, OR-SAP armor's low density allows it to be fitted on almost any ship.
  • Well-Rounded - OR-SAP can provide resistance to most forms of attack, and has few effective weaknesses. Due to the use of three high-quality metals infused into the plating, OR-SAP Variants are also quite durable and can last for many battles.
Weaknesses:
  • Electrocuted - OR-SAP armor is very, very conductive. Worse yet, the bigger Variants of OR-SAP armor can absorb even more electricity, which then flows through the armor and can damage crucial systems on the other side. When up against ion weapons, lighter OR-SAP armor is recommended.
  • Chip Armor - Once forged into place and cooled down, plates of OR-SAP are brittle and rigid. Rather than bending very slightly in and out to adjust for a ship's movements, it will take the stress itself and begin to gain pressure. If the pressure is suddenly let out, such as when a turbolaser manages to crack through OR-SAP armor, the pressure can ripple throughout all the plating on the ship and strain its frame.
DESCRIPTION

As Outer Rim Military Engineering found itself frequently dissatisfied with the armor standards of companies providing plating for their ships, the company decided to make some of its own armor.

Dubbed as OR-SAP, the armor was split into three variants, all with the same material composition.

OR-SAP Variant I is meant for small capital ships such as corvettes, freighters, and cargo transports. Variant I is the thinnest of all three variants, at only half a meter thick. However, due to its reduced size, it has the greatest ion resistance of all the Variants. On the other hand, its resistance to laser cannons and turbolasers is limited, and not recommended for prolonged combat.

OR-SAP Variant II is designed for medium capital ships such as frigates, cruisers, military stations, and certain carrier classes. Two meters thick, it is larger than Variant I armor but still smaller than Variant III. It has a mediocre ion resistance, and can conduct harmful electricity into a ship much easier than Variant I armor. To make up for it, the Variant II armor has a greater resistance to turbolasers and laser cannons, able to take nearly a dozen shots in one focused area before snapping.

OR-SAP Variant III is designed for large, heavily armed capital ships such as Star Destroyers, battlecruisers, large military stations, and supercarriers. However, Variant III is not meant for dreadnoughts, and even heavier plating would be necessary to defend such a massive vessel. A solid ten meters thick, with custom upgrades able to push up to twenty, Variant III is incredibly thick. With the lowest ion resistance of all the OR-SAP Variants, III is not recommended to be used on a frontline vessel without appropriate electronic countermeasures. At the same time, Variant III provides the greatest protection of all Variants, capable of standing up to consistent turbolaser fire and even multiple impacts from heavier weapons.

All OR-SAP Variants are made with the same three materials in the same arrangements. A core of titanium is surrounded by an interior of alusteel, which is covered by an agrinium surface layer. The combination of the three metals provide a very durable surface, but also one that is highly conductive and brittle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom