Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening the Coffers

[member="Emissary"]

It seemed someone would be taking up the open contract to hunt some Gamorreans. A simple job, for most, until they learned the planet was 90% Gamorrean, and there were hordes and tribes of them. Also that Galderra wasn't rich enough to put advertisements for the contract every possible place in the galaxy, so still, hires were limited. After dropping off at the space port, by 'space bus,' fighter, or what have you, there would be a small background check of a few questions; any crimes committed, name and registration. Registration could be bought, which included travel in Fort Galderra and, if they had a ship, landing fees. Those who didn't quite have the credits and were looking for a job, would be directed to the job hire they came for, and later that job hire would pay for them, or they'd have to leave. In this case, Emissary would be meeting Eddak Manod, the King of Fort Galderra. He would be told that Eddak was in the local Tavern, having a drink at this time.

It had been a while since Emissary had been on his last job. The Prophet had given out a few assignments, but they had been quickly dealt with, leaving the droid to wander the galaxy once more. Traveling to Fort Galderra hadn't been on his list from the start, as was doing a simple sounding job more fit for a mercenaries than for an actual bounty hunter. But his pockets were slowly running dry, after refusing a very well paid job by his main employer for moral reasons, not that good of a decision in hindsight.

Yet money had to be made, bad decisions or not, so Emissary allowed himself to be brought into the local tavern to meet the one that offered his job, after getting through customs. While he got a few looks, and had to pay for the weapons he carried, he had a overall simple time getting trough as not many really cared about a droid.

Shrouded in a black cloak the Droid entered the bar, his single blue receptor glowing brightly as he walked in. With a slight hum his head moved around, keeping an eye out for the man that could hire him.

[member="Eddak Manod"]

[member="Emissary"]

Eddak was at the bar, none of the tables, being guarded by two soldiers in Shoretrooper Armor. He was having a bit of a merry time as he casually drank by the bar. The place was up and talkative, playing cards, but no one seemed seedy or criminal-like. Everyone was cheery. Not sure if there was any kind of celebration going on or it was just natural to have a little party going on. Not near as lively as an ordinary day in the Tatooine Cantina. "Barkeep, another round, please?" Eddak spoke up, raising his hand. "Sure thing, Eddak." replied the barkeep, pulling up another bottle to pour into his mug.

No one was even moved when Emissary entered. He got a few eyes, but other than that, he was ignored. While the culture was medieval, no one was surprised for droids to exist, as they were well aware of the galaxy beyond their fun little home. Although, they were more accustomed to droids that didn't act on their own, it wasn't their business, no discrimination. For guards, they only cared if the droid were to step out of line, like anyone else.

The droid stepped in front of his future employer, offering a firm bow, an act of courtesy he had picked up by working for a sith lord. His blue eye and his optional sensors began to scan the room around him, watching for anything suspicious just in case. Being cautious was a key part of any bounty hunters life no matter if you were one of the less morally flawed like Emissary.

"Mr. Manod. I'm Emissary, and I'm here to offer my service."

The electronic voice of the droid was monoton, yet there was a hint of emotion, as well as of intelligence and personality in it that transported a certain level of professionalism with it. This wasn't the kind of job he normally took, but now he was here and had to keep true to his reputation. Emissary was the kind of hunter that got a job done when he accepted it, and he did it with cold mechanic efficency.

[member="Eddak Manod"]

[member="Emissary"]

Eddak has just taken a drink of his new mug as his eyes opened up, looking as he watched his guards take a step and look over at the droid that approached. Eddak then heard the droid speak and closed his eyes as he finished his gulp, pulling it away with an audible 'aah' sound as he turned slightly. Facing to the side as he sat at the bar, Eddak turned his head to look to his side, facing away from the bar as he eyed the droid. "What's that? Oh! Have you taken up the bounty hunter offer?" Eddak chuckled a little, a droid acting on its own. He ushered the guards to calm, and they lowered their guard as they looked to the rest of the tavern.

"I appreciate the bow, droid, but if you're not one of mine, just a handshake or a wave will do. If I forced my culture on others, I'd have do-gooders marching on my door, ya know? You can call me Eddak," he brought up his hand towards the droid, offering a hand shake, "Want to hunt some Gamorreans, do you? Got any idea of how many you wanna take out? Maybe you've planned where you want to attack? Or just want us to toss ya somewhere? If you only work for credits, well it's a hundred credits a head. And... if you don't want to behead them, that's fine, but we'll need scouts to go and count yer dead, so that means pay will take longer." If the droid shook Eddaks hand, or not, he would still offer him a seat. Eddak didn't much care for the bounty hunter to be a droid, just like others, he would only become a problem if he made trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom