Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open Invitation to the Jedi Shadows

The Jedi Shadows are a sub-sect of the Jedi Order whose primary objective is the gathering of darkside artifacts, locating ruins of sith temples, and anything that could potentially be used to harm the galaxy by way of the darkside of the Force. In many respects, they are both a martial order as well as a scholarly order, offering a place for a number of Jedi to grow.

What are the goals of the Jedi Shadows?
  • Provide a lore-friendly group of Jedi for those with common interests to gather.
  • The retrieval or neutralization of artifacts mostly of Sith origin.
  • The hindering of the growth of the darkside, at the moment defined by removing objects which can potentially tempt a Force user into falling or be used to harm others.
  • To provide an entertaining and enjoyable way to RP Jedi.
What type of characters fit with the Jedi Shadows:
  • Archeologist Jedi
  • Scholar Jedi
  • Combat Minded Jedi
  • Counter intelligence types of Jedi
  • And others...
Ultimately, any Jedi can fit within the ranks of the Jedi Shadows. However, given their close proximity to a number of darkside artifacts and the activities they partake in certain risks come with the job. It is advised that those who join be firm in their walk in the lightside and be above temptation. Obviously, difficulties are expected at times, and those who do struggle are welcome to join. Be aware though, that IC decisions have IC ramifications and it is possible that frequent struggles with the darkside may lead to being asked to leave the Shadows. Obviously, this will not be from the Jedi Order itself, but the Shadows alone and if I do say so myself could lead to some fun RP in and of itself.

What do the Jedi Shadows offer you?
  • Immediate opportunities to RP and get involved with a motivated group. In fact, we have a thread going on right now!
  • Fellowship with kindred spirits who are also focused on gaining both knowledge and hindering the growth of the darkside in the galaxy.
  • A place to grow stronger in the force and your walk with the Jedi Code and the lightside.
  • A number of RP experiences that are both diverse and engaging, that will also stretch the imagination and encourage you to take ownership of guiding the RPs.
What will the Jedi Shadows unique role be?
  • In some respects, we will be some of the more firmly entrenched in the code of the Jedi. Not that those who are not Shadows are some how less so, but as part of our job we are required to be more stalwart in our relationship with the lightside.
  • A heavy focus in dealing directly with the darkside, but not using it ourselves.
  • Being something of a group that deals in some of the more secretive aspects of the Jedi Order, as such an element of mystery comes with being a Shadow.
What would the future hold for the Jedi Shadows
  • To discover a way to safely contain darkside artifacts, both the energy itself and by keeping it away from those that would use its power.
  • With the possibility of open war coming with the Sith, we could very well possibly expand our purpose into espionage and other stealth kinds of activities.
  • And really, to some extent, whatever those who join it want it to go.

Obviously, this is just a small list of the reasons why to join and the kinds of things we will be doing. The Jedi Shadows really welcome anyone. Though, I would like to say that by joining the Jedi Shadows you become a Jedi Shadow. Now I know that sounds weird, but what I am trying to say is that this is not just a thing for official "Jedi Shadow" threads. It very much, hopefully, will become a key aspect of your characters identity within the Jedi Order, and I encourage you to incorporate into any RP you join if possible. I thoroughly enjoy doing it myself, and I hope you do to should you join this group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom