Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG One person is nothing. Two people are a nation.

Hey, what's up everyone!

I created this account a while back with intent now lost to me. It's been literal years now since I've had an active character on the site. I was a little disoriented at first seeing how much everything has changed while still looking the same. Like, I never thought the Silver Jedi would go away. All the rambling aside, I should probably get to the point of the post.

I've never liked creating characters from the void, dropping them in, and letting them flounder until something sticks. I have some general ideas for what I'd like to do but more broadly I'm up for suggestions. More specifically, are there any groups or factions that need/want new members? I get a lot of enjoyment writing characters that support others in there endeavors. Being the loyal lackey has always been fun to me!

As far as the character I'm thinking of creating. I'm leaning pretty heavily towards the naval/military side of things. In the past I've always written lone adventurer types. The naval officer commanding a ship or fleet was always interesting to me, but I never got around to creating a character like that.

I don't really care about Faction morality or size. I don't even care if you're part of one. If you roleplaying as a noble that owns a planet and has their own fleet, and your wanting someone to join you, I'm down with that. Just don't disappear on me a day after I create my character, please, I beg of you.

Hey! First of all, welcome to chaos :)

As for your LFG, I think it can be hard for someone to really give you an angle to use because it's a tricky thing to give someone that nudge. You want other writers to write what they ultimately enjoy the most, and it wouldn't feel great to give someone a direction that ends up not working out. Every faction will want extra members, too, so it's really about what vibe you'd like.

I can give some suggestions based on your interests, though!

Military/Naval
For military/naval RP, you'll generally want to join a Major Faction. They're the powerful factions with a large, professional military infrastructure. It makes it easier to write what you want or rise through ranks, because you can be a common foot soldier, but you can also end up in command of an entire fleet and participate in "fleeting" objectives if that's what you like :)

You can also make your character a soldier of a neutral planet, or even a military/naval commander, but it'll be trickier to really find RP. It's the factions that start wars with each other, so that's where the military characters have a lot of potential roleplay.

If you want more info about the Major factions, I'm the owner of the Galactic Alliance, so I can answer questions about this faction. But the other factions are all amazing and have their own unique angles/vibes, so check them all out!

Lone wanderer
This one is a lot easier because you can interact with just about anybody. I'd throw out an LFG with some bullet points that capture angles/stories that interest you, and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom