Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Organic. Two minds.

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
I grabbed his hand with the only other one I had, still keeping my grip locked on him. It seemed as if we reached a stalemate, given that I would squeeze harder if he would continue with me. "We may both end up destroying each other." I said. "But it does not have to be so. I will release my grip if you relinquish yours. And you will explain why you have attacked me. Agreed?" After he gave his response I complied equally.

@Sadrion

Sadrion was losing consciousness. Internally, Xardus could also feel the pain, but he chose to leave it to his darker side to handle. It was time for Sadrion to learn that fighting was not always the answer. As the controlling spirit continued to squeeze, he made sure to shoot a stream of ice in the circuits, hoping to short them out. Then his vision faded into blackness.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

The sudden shot of ice into my neck forced everything to short. My grip had tightened for only a moment before my entire body collapsed. Internally my programming was trying to reboot everything. For the time though I was defenseless. We both were. The only thing that worked were my optics, allow me to see as both of our bodies were left without motion.

@Sadrion

After a moment, the body began to move. Sadrion was asleep, and this allowed Xardus to take control. Coughing for a few seconds, he let out a rasp voice. "Let me help you out." Then he stopped. He had just spoken. Apparently, the extreme force applied to him had been enough to detach his lips, allowing him to speak. Looking over at the droid, he scanned it with his now deep green eyes. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you." Reaching down, he examined the body before getting to work. It wasn't very long before he realized that it was repairing itself, and he sat back, waiting.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

A moment passed after the organic said he would "Help me", at which point everything had rebooted. I stood up, testing to see my joints still worked, before turning to him. "I highly doubt that you would not do me harm after the encounter we just had. When did you become capable of speech?" I realized he was talking. "I thought you were the type of organic with a vocal deficiency."

@[member="Sadrion"]

(OOC: sorry)

Xardus shook his head softly. "I had an accident. My suit was fused to my body, my mouth was sealed shut. Apparently the stress of your battle with Sadrion broke the seal over my mouth. That's who you were fighting by the way. Sadrion." He sighed a little and continued to look over the droid. He wanted to be sure it was fine, but at the same time was scared that his alternate soul would wake up at any moment.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"You are mistake. Or possibly you suffer from a mental deficiency as well." I kept my scanners seeing his body movements, both internally and externally, while saying."I had fought you. Therefore you must be the one referred to as @[member="Sadrion"]. I wish to know why you attacked me and why, all of a sudden, you've relinquished your brevity. Is it because you are unable to fight anymore?"

Xardus struggled to find the right words. "Yes... and no. I have two souls. Both fight for dominance. Sadrion is the soul that fought you, my darker side. I'm Xardus. It's not a mental problem, I assure you."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

I found his words....troubling to say the least. He claimed it was two souls, yet I believed it was more two personalities. A mental case that had been around for as long as medical history among most species. Still I had to confront him on it. "If what you say is true, regardless of which 'soul' it was, you, the body in front of me, attacked. You've taken my hand. I showed it to him. "And you've caused damage to my chest." I showed the scar marks on it. "Yet it also seems as if I have damaged you enough as well." I indicated his broken wrist. "I may be able to reset it, provided you agree not to attack me again."

@[member="Sadrion"]

The droid couldn't see it, but Xardus now bore a troubled look. "I... can't promise that. If Sadrion takes over again, I don't know what he'll do. I mean- look- I know you're a droid, so it's hard to understand. But the force is a very complex thing. Sadrion exists through the force, that's how he controls me.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"As complex as your force is, I can understand enough." I looked down at his wrist, grabbing it, then said "You'll want to brace yourself." before instantly cracking the bone into place. While he dealt with the pain I tore a piece of his cloth off and tied it around the wound. "Let this just serve for reminder." I said as I helped to set it. "Next time I will aim for something more critical. Perhaps your kneecap." Afterwards I looked and asked "You say there are two souls in one body? Is that common among organics? Or at least force users?"

@[member="Sadrion"]

(OOC: Just made the changes)

Groaning at the pain, Xardus breathed a sigh of relief when his wrist was set back in place. "It can happen to force users, yes. Sadrion is a force spirit after all. I wouldn't say it happens very often, but when it does... it's not very pretty. The opposing force takes complete control of your emotions and physical body."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Hearing his explanation I still did not fully understand. "I all seems strange to me." I stated out loud. "That would be the equivalent of another program finding it's way into my body and I was unable to wipe if from the data drive. Thankfully I never need worry about that."

@[member="Sadrion"]

"Lucky for you." Xardus spoke dryly then, the humor gone in his voice. He was about to say something else, but he felt a small stirring feeling inside him. "Sadrion is waking up. You should go."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"If he resurfaces I should strike hard enough to keep him sleeping. I am preferring to speak with you, Xadrus. Not have to deal with @[member="Sadrion"] again." I reached over and picked up a nearby rock, saying "Your choice. Keep the other personality in check long enough or I try and keep him down the moment he wakes. Otherwise I will be forced to break more bones in combat with him."

Xardus chuckled then, the prospect of the droid even trying obviously funny to him. "You couldn't break a bone in the majority of my body." He tapped his armor plating a few times. "Found this strange metal on Dagobah. Lightsabers have a hard time making it through, blaster shave no chance against it. I doubt a rock will do any good. The only vulnerable spots are my neck and hands." His green eyes studied that of the droid's. "Ill try to hold him back, but he's stronger than me."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"If your neck is vulnerable then I could always put enough pressure on the back of it until it cracks, killing @[member="Sadrion"] but unfortunately yourself in the process." I stated as I had noticed his eyes staring into my purple optics. I calculated before finally rising and saying "I will take my leave then. I will need to make repairs anyways."I indicated the damage done to me during the fight with Sadrion. I began walking away before saying "You should do what you can to destroy Sadrion from your mind, Xardus. He is the equivalent of a virus; interfering and damaging your programs." I stopped. "If you cannot delete him then you should consider deleting yourself. That is the logical thing." I continue onward.

As the droid walked away, Xardus pondered the proposition.

"If you cannot delete him, then you should consider deleting yourself."

What if Xardus did kill himself? It would save not only him, but all of his old friends immeasurable amounts of pain and suffering. It would be the logical thing to do. However, It was not the human thing to do. If he killed himself, Sadrion's spirit would likely escape and find a new host. He couldn't let that happen. Closing his eyes, he let the darkness take hold of him once again. Xardus was Sarion. Sadrion was Xardus. They were whole.

END

@[member="MAI"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom