Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once Upon a Time on Tatooine

Aesro

A
To Aesro's surprise, and considerable relief, the person that [member="Rygo Ghast"] had run into began standing up for them. [member="Seraph Sin"] stated he was some kind of investigator from the Silver Jedi. Backing up Aesro's claim. The guy was speaking with some incredible confidence to Aesro was almost uncertain on how much he was saying was correct or not. But what he knew was that he had to hide the fact he was pretty sure his heart had only beaten this fast when he was first enslaved.

The guy even had a lightsaber to back up his claims. Which Aesro had to avoid looking surprised at as the boy revealed it, probably being a big factor as the Soldier seemed to become more convinced. Then even agreeing with the young, presumably, Jedi...following to shoot the Rodian. Aesro stepped back in surprise as the Rodian.

Was this relief? Or was it guilt? Aesro wasn't entirely sure. He looked at the body, his heart rate decreasing. He had seen bodies, killed, or dead by exhaustion, this was more just another. That wasn't why he wondered if it was guilt though. He had been one of the directly responsible factors in this mans death. He didn't pull the trigger though. He just...had to forget about that.

He turned away from the Rodian's body, glancing at Rygo. He didn't know what he thought about this. He'd only just met him. Aesro wasn't sure what to do, what he did know, was what he was told. Just like everyone, to get out of the way. He grabbed whatever he could of the scraps and began to try and head out discreetly presumably wherever Rygo went. Before that though he looked at [member="Seraph Sin"] "Are you really with the Jedi to find Slavers?"

He wasn't sure, in fact, the coincidence of it was a little too much. It seemed all to unlikely. But he had to ask. And on the chance that he was, then Aesro needed to keep up the story of what he saw.

[member="Aesro"] [member="Rygo Ghast"]

For a small moment, Seraph wasn't sure that his lie was going to work, and where the hell did that confidence come from? Regardless, he stood his ground, firm with what he had said. When the soldier agreed it was better to save time from paper, and blasted the Rodian...well Seraph was more than shocked. In fact all that confidence had left him feeling dread in his heart. It was quite painful inside his chest.
After the soldier left, and Seraph was just starring at the body, he turned his head to look at the two. Realizing the mistake was bigger than just that.

S-s-sorry..." His head dropped and his shoulders slumped over.

His heart was beginning to hurt and even his own connection to the Force seemed to be twisting and turning. It was an odd thing to feel. Seraph was then asked if he was really a Jedi or looking for slavers.

"No." He said quietly so that only the two would barely hear it.

It was a bad day after all.

That's what I thought. Rygo's eyes narrow as he wipes dirt off his sleeves. He's acting weird. Just a second ago he was totally confident and now it's like he's shy or something. Rygo smirks and says, "Well, whatever the case, thank you for standing up for us... As for the Rodian, well... That's Tatooine for you." Despite his words, Rygo feels upset at the sight of death. It was something he never got used to. He'd seen countless people die on this planet, some from starvation, some from dehydration--but most died just like the Rodian, an unclean death.

He turns and looks around at the crowd of gawking on-lookers, hating the way everyone directed their piercing glares at him, some angry, some afraid. This is why I prefer the desert.

Rygo hears the mechanical whirring of a droid levitating through the air, its internal battery cells humming ominously as it descends upon the Rodian's corpse. It's a black, spherical droid with red, glaring lenses attached to every side of it's rotund head, constantly spinning around and looking at everything in its vicinity, it's electrical innards hanging like intestines about a foot beneath its frame. Rygo recognizes them as old imperial droids used for body recovery, medical analysis, and torture (a twisted set of skills for a droid, in Rygo's opinion), and wondered if droids like these did this kind of work out of free will or if they were being forced to...

Deciding to ignore the droid's business, Rygo glances briefly at [member="Aesro"] to see if he was alright. "Thanks for backing me up, man. I, uh, I'm sorry I almost got you arrested. Heh." He might be better off without me... but I might still need him.

Rygo then returns his attention to the pile of junk he'd spilled, gathering them back into the net that he and Aesro had been carrying, and as he does this, he glances back up at the stranger who had saved them and condemned the Rodian. "So if you're not here to free slaves, why are you here, stranger? Surely not to help random people you run into in the middle of the road. And if you're not a Jedi, why do you got that lightsaber? ...Or is it not real?" Even a fake lightsaber can sell for a high price at certain places here... Might be able to even buy me passage aboard a ship off this rock. Of course, Rygo was only lightly considering the possibility of stealing it. After-all, he didn't want to appear ungrateful for his help... still, there was that gnawing urge to think of a way to pick-pocket it off of him later...

Aesro

A
Aesro saw the stranger slump his shoulders, as he apologized to the body. It was an unpleasant moment all around. Aesro felt pain for it, if he hadn't said anything maybe this wouldn't be a problem. But...the Rodian was still somewhat at fault, as was the soldier. He refused to place blame solely on himself. And he had to keep from getting caught, he just couldn't let that happen.

[member="Rygo Ghast"] mentioned the Rodian's fate as 'just being Tatooine.' well that was how it was for Aesro so far. Usually it didn't happen like that but, oh well. Sooner or later on Tatooine you died. And it was probably not going to be of old age. Rygo thanked him for helping out and apologized for nearly getting them arrested, Aesro shrugged, "You saved my life, I may not really believe in life debts but I still believe in payback." he answered with a smile.

[member="Seraph Sin"] answered his question, no, he was not a silver Jedi Investigator. It was almost a little sad or disappointing. It would have made Aesro the solution, since he knew of them. But he didn't want to share if he wasn't. It was just...to scary. Then Rygo asked him about, if not that, then why be here. He did definitely not look like a local. And he presumably had a lightsaber. Aesro might wait for the answer, though he did glance uncertainly at the droid that was heading to the body.

Creepy thing it was. Just felt so unnatural to have it deal with a body. Though he imagined even if it was a sentient, they might be just as careless of it. He'd seen that too. Whatever the strangers answer, Aesro had an additional question after Rygo's, "So don't suppose you have like...a ship?" he asked cocking his head and pursing his lips. He realized he didn't have much to pay but services. Though, maybe the vibro-sword would sell? It would leave him unarmed but at least he'd be off this dastardly planet. And besides Rygo mentioned wanting to leave too right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom