Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once Upon A Time In Drogheda (Selka)

Tamara

The Eternal Exile
[member="Selka Ventus"]

The Tachyon freighter touched down on the outer edge of the Citadel of Drogheda. The mining world's citizens went about their daily business, not noticing another ugly (yet functional) freighter in their midst.
Stepping down the ramp was Tamara, dressed in somewhat common black clothes and walking with her cane. As she left the ship she glanced around to make sure no one was watching, then gestured at the ship. The ramp slid up and locked in place, triggered telekinetically.

With that done she made her way towards the Citadel, not knowing what might cross her path.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Tamara"]

Silk's holdings on this world had begun with a simple shadowport in the remote desert, grown with orbital facilities, and blossomed into an official presence at the Citadel. Selka sponsored the local ruler's library, a face-saving piece of some tripartite agreement or other. Silk's presence in the Drogheda system hearkened back to the Merrill and D'Lessio days, but it had been Selka and Aldiel who reached out to the nobility. This close to the Republic-Black Sun border, one found stability where one could.

Tamara might find Selka tending a small ornamental tree,, a Hapan selab, in the middle of the library.

Tamara

The Eternal Exile
[member="Selka Ventus"]

When Tamara entered into the city she headed, perhaps surprisingly, for the library. Or perhaps not, for this one had an unexpectedly good collection of things for a desert mining colony.
As she entered she immediately saw the Selab tree and headed over, glancing at the woman tending it. Well, introductions could be awkward, which was why the Order had innocent little code phrases which helped identify another.
"The tree is beautiful. In the middle of this library, one could imagine that knowledge is the root of all civilisation, and wisdom flows from the tree. Wouldn't you agree?"
If she was wrong she might get an odd look for waxing poetic, but if she was right....

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Tamara"]

The co-CEO of Silk straightened from tending the tree. "No need to make the metaphor so transparent," she said with a smile. "Not when so much fruit remains uneaten and such shade remains un-relaxed-in -- yeah, that got away from me. Selka Ventus, patron of the library." She put a little emphasis on 'patron' to add a third and Order-specific meaning to the word, alluding to her status as a Keeper. "Welcome to Drogheda, friend. How can I help you?"

Tamara

The Eternal Exile
[member="Selka Ventus"]
Tamara nodded evenly. A Keeper here? Curious. Of course, Tamara was a founding member of the Order, but didn’t let that on. She was very evasive about her role in things after all.
“I stopped for supplies and refuelling, but I heard about the library and thought I’d check it out whilst I was here.”
She gestured back to where her ship was visible. She wasn’t aware that she was speaking to the tycoon of ugly (yet serviceable) freighters.
“Is there anything in the library of interest?”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Tamara"]

"His Majesty is a tasteful collector. I've had the honor of presenting one or two lots for his inspection; they're found, not in the restricted section, but filed under horticulture. Arboreal horticulture, to be precise."

She left the tree and the little indoor garden in the middle of the library, and proceeded into quiet shelves filled with books and scrollboxes. One such box cracked open to reveal not a scroll but a small holocron. The holocron bought by the Inquisition at Velok's auction. "They say this was part of the Sith Archives on Rudrig, maybe even made by Lord Dissero himself. I don't know whether he has a taste for...arboreal horticulture...but this holocron holds knowledge that other Keepers have found useful in keeping track of their stewardships -- the Nightsister blood trail. The holocron is a trinket, as such things are reckoned. I find myself with an overabundance of money and an understocked supply of youth, or I would be adding to this collection."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom