Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the run

Shen

Pixie dust dealer
Raindrops stung Shen's face as he sprinted at full speed down one of Coruscant's countless roads. With stolen fruit in hand, and police droids behind him, he bobbed and weaved through the night-time crowd of people. Even though he was only 14 years old, this situation happened to him more frequently than not. He'd been on the streets for close to two years now, living on stolen goods and wits. By now, Shen had learned the streets on this section of Coruscant by heart, and in no time, he had lost the security droids. He ducked into an empty alley way, and slid in next to an oversized dumpster. Using some filled trash bags, he made himself a comfy chair and sat down to relax. He put his arm behind his head, took a bite of one of the fruits he had stolen, and took himself a little nap.

Alarms. Police alarms. 'Crap' he thought as he was awoken by the loud noises. Peaking around the corner, he saw three police droids walking towards him. So in a very Shenly fashion, he ran for dear life. He ran down the alley, turned into another, then another, and another. As he rounded one final corner all he could think was 'damn'. He crashed into a cloaked figure who had been running in the complete opposite direction at top speed as well. He sat up off the wet ground and saw the most beautiful girl he ever seen....

[member="Emily Kao"]

Emily didn't even stop to see who she'd slammed into. She picked herself up and continued running. Her entire body was numb. It was as if she was hollow. Her eyes were dull and lifeless, and even though she was breathing, it was like she was dead. She had to keep running. The Sith wouldn't stop, so neither would she. As long as she was moving, she was safe. The rain pounded down on her form, making her appear fragile. Emily was thin for a girl her age and looked like she might fall apart at any moment. Sith torture tended to effect people in this way. She rounded the next corner and stumbled. She fell to her hands and knees, breathless.
[member="Shen"]

Shen

Pixie dust dealer
As the girl leaped off the ground and sprinted away, Shen could only let his strong sense of curiosity get the better of him. What was she running from? Was she in danger? Looking down the alley that he had come from, he determined that he wasn't being followed any longer. So he ran as fast as he could down the dark passageway after the girl.
"Wait!" Shen yelled after her. "Stop running!"
But at that, she just started running faster. Shen knew somewhere down in his soul, there was something about this girl. Something special. It might have been a little bit that she was really cute, but more than that, he just had a gut feeling. And Shen's gut feelings seemed to always be right.

He pushed himself harder, sprinting faster than he ever had. He was closing ground on the girl, inch by inch, and finally he caught up with her. He dived towards her grabbed from behind, around her waste. Twisting himself in midair, he landed on his back with her on top of him. He grabbed her arm gently, but made sure to keep a firm grip to keep her from running again.
"Hey, listen. I'm not trying to hurt you or anything. You can trust me." He said as the girl turned her head to look at him. She had a frightened look in eyes, almost wild. "What's wrong? What are you running from?"

Shen

Pixie dust dealer
As the girl leaped off the ground and sprinted away, Shen could only let his strong sense of curiosity get the better of him. What was she running from? Was she in danger? Looking down the alley that he had come from, he determined that he wasn't being followed any longer. So he ran as fast as he could down the dark passageway after the girl.
"Wait!" Shen yelled after her. "Stop running!"
But at that, she just started running faster. Shen knew somewhere down in his soul, there was something about this girl. Something special. It might have been a little bit that she was really cute, but more than that, he just had a gut feeling. And Shen's gut feelings seemed to always be right.

He pushed himself harder, sprinting faster than he ever had. He was closing ground on the girl, inch by inch, and finally he caught up with her. He dived towards her grabbed from behind, around her waste. Twisting himself in midair, he landed on his back with her on top of him. He grabbed her arm gently, but made sure to keep a firm grip to keep her from running again.
"Hey, listen. I'm not trying to hurt you or anything. You can trust me." He said as the girl turned her head to look at him. She had a frightened look in eyes, almost wild. "What's wrong? What are you running from?"

[member="Emily Kao"]

Emily acted quickly. She flipped herself onto her stomach on the ground next to the boy with her arm still in his grasp. She sent a sharp Force push into his gut, sending him backward. With herself now free, she took her lightsaber from her cloak and ignited it. She pointed the sapphire blade at his throat. "Stay away!" She snarled.
[member="Shen"]

Shen

Pixie dust dealer
Shen slammed hard into the wall behind him. He didn't know what the girl had done to him, but he knew it had hurt. The girl sprang up and pointed a glowing blue lightsaber at him. It took him a second to register what was going on, but he finally figured it out. This girl was a Jedi!
'I knew this girl was special!' He thought to himself.

But his attention was drawn away from the girl when he heard clanging from down the alley. Police droids. They were only about one hundred feet away.
"Listen, unless you want to be caught by the police, or whoever you're running from, I suggest you come with me. I know a place where we'll be safe." Shen told her.
He got up quickly and started to run down the street once more, not knowing if the girl would listen to him.

[member="Emily Kao"]

Emily heard the droids too. she wasn't on the run from the police, but they...... They might be more than just police droids. They might be programmed to come for her by a much more sinister threat. She deactivated her blade and began running after the boy. Fear began to plague her mind once more. It was something she had once known how to control. But now, that knowledge was lost to her. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her and then some. She didn't know where to go or what to do, but what she did know was that stopping was not an option.
[member="Shen"]

Shen

Pixie dust dealer
After a half-hour of dead sprinting, the two slowed to fast jog, they no longer believed they were being followed, but couldn't be sure.
"We're here." Shen said as they reached a large abandoned factory.
"The whole place is surrounded by this wall- barbed wire at the top- but there's a hole on the other side we can get through."
They started walking around the wall and In a few minutes they reached the hole and slipped into the compound. "Alright, over here. I have room in the old manager's office. We can rest in there." He called, leading her up the stairs.
"Here we are." He said as they entered the room, "home sweet home!" It wasn't anything special, just a mattress on the floor, a desk with a picture of his late parents on it, and a floor cover in stacks of stolen goodies.

[member="Emily Kao"]

((OOC: Shen, now might be a good time to tell you that it isn't a good thing to say what other characters are doing.

Shen said:
Shen stammered off as the girl just leaped over the 15 foot wall. Probably a Jedi thing.

Shen said:
He scanned the area looking for the girl and found her in the middle of the assembly room floor standing.
These are just minor things. I'm not accusing you of God-modding or anything, but others might later on. Trust me, I know from experience. The safest way to avoid a pointless squabble is to do what I do. When something active is going on in the thread, say what you're doing. Leave out what I do. That way, I have the freedom to write about my own character and her actions. The same goes for what I say or what I see. Again, I'm not going to get all angry and flip out on you and start a huge online drama. I'm not like that, I promise. Just try to remember this. Doing it with other people might just turn into a very unpleasant and unnecessary experience. You're a good writer, and you don't deserve that kind of treatment. If you need any help, I'm here for you to ask, okay? Good. Now, back to the story! :) ))

Emily looked around cautiously. The warehouse was dark and dank, and ominous to her. She expected something to jump out at her at every turn. That's what always happened in the Sith Temple. Thinking of this, a piercing pain coursed through her head. Emily grabbed the sides of her skull and fell to her knees, a sharp gasp escaping her lips.
[member="Shen"]

Shen

Pixie dust dealer
OOC: I'm really sorry about that, and I'm thankful that you corrected my error, still new I guess!
Anyways, I tried to fix the post to where the problem was corrected, and I'll post again shortly!
[member="Emily Kao"]

Shen

Pixie dust dealer
Shen heard a loud screen behind him. He spun around to find his companion leaning towards the floor on her knees, holding her head. "Oh crap!" Shen shouted, and ran to the girl. He had no idea what was happening to her, but still tried to do anything he could to help her.
"Hold on, I'll get you some water!"
He dived for his food pile, and dug around until he found a bottle of water, then returned the the girl.
"Here, take this!" He offered her. But really, what help was that going to be? It looked like she was about to explode or something.

Emily shoved the water away. "Just leave me alone!" She yelled. Her eyes met his for a fraction of a second. They were fearful and angry and sad, all at the same time. She wasn't really talking to the boy in this moment. It was as if she was speaking to her memories. Emily scooted away from Shen until her back was touching the wall. She hugged her knees to her chest, resting her head face down on them. Silently, she began trying to will the thoughts away.
[member="Shen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom