Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On Again

Krieg

How many times must he put his family and clan through this? Had it been him, just him alone he wouldn’t stress too much about these events. He’d accepted it and continue with life as the way it should’ve. But it wasn’t just him he had to think about, it was people he cared and treasured especially his wife and children above all else. He knew he put them through a lot and felt guilt over it. They were warriors, strong and resilient like the beskar that flew through the veins of Mandalore, but even the strongest Iron wasn’t exempt from overwhelming pressure. Vilaz wanted his children to surpass him and be better warriors, but he couldn’t just throw them dilemmas at every turn. As hard his discipline and training was for them, he still had a duty towards them to be a nurturing father.

This wasn’t life and he knew it. They all did.

But at least he did something to change that way of life. He refused to raise his children in a Galaxy with Mandalore used as a tool for others and he refused to have them make his own mistakes. As much as he valued living, their freedom meant much more than just bowing their heads just to survive.

For what is life if one could not live it in freedom?

Vilaz had made his move on Dubrillion against the Sith and, whether they recognized his betrayal, had his clan relocate away from Sith space prior to these events. Most would migrate to Krieg, but others would split to stretch the influence of their clan to other worlds in case of an emergency of some kind.

Krieg was a bastion to the Sons of Mandalore, a diverse group who all shared one common goal: free Mandalore and eliminate the Sith. At least there were other clans at his side unlike the last few times. It gave him some sense of warmth, but not enough kindle to keep it alive. Not even the bright sun of the Blightlands would fuel it, instead it would fuel his desires to liberate Mandalore and his rage against the entities of the Darkside.

There were other Mandalorians scattered around Krieg, some chose the unforgiving cold of the tundras or the moderate climate of the tropics; Clan Munin selected the unending heat of the desert and enough land for the clan to establish itself. It was very recent that they colonized these lands and much work needed to be done.

At least it was meaningful work with purpose and dignity.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
LV2Dc43.jpg

Munin Clan House
Brightlands of Krieg
Hells Canyon Region

Of all the places to move the clan to... Briika thought wistfully to herself as she looked out the viewport at the brightly lit walls of Hells Canyon while sipping a cup of steaming caf... Iced caf just didn't cut it in the morning.

The Brightlands of Krieg were just that. Because the Outer Rim world was tidal locked, there was a permanent dayside and nightside to the planet. When Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin made the decision to finally break with working for Darth Carnifex and the Sith Empire, they had to pick up and leave Concord Dawn rather quickly. It wasn't an easy task as Clan Munin had built up again to its previous numbers, but Briika saw to the careful yet expedient migration while the Warlord and his vanguard helped the New Imperial Order in their fight against the Sith Imperials at Dubrillion.

At least the engineers were smart, building the clan house - a functioning and fully furbished ship sunken down into the bedrock on the shady side of the grand canyon giving some relief from the otherwise scorching all-day hot sun with modest accommodations ready to move into. It actually was a good location as a small river that trickled down from a nearby mountain range where the mining facility was located snaked around the canyon bed below. Historically before the cosmic event that locked the planet into its current position, the river continued onward to a lake that once furnished a fertile land, which now was basically just a dune sea. Being on the sunny edge of the demarcation line between the light and dark side allowed them to be close to yet far enough away from the main Sons of Mandalore encampment at the equator to do their own thing.

The Baar'ur downed the last of the dark caffeinated liquid, cup number two as morning rituals go, then the petite blonde went to go find the Concordian to see what he and/or the children had on their docket today.

Last edited:
The name of this geographic location was fitting: Hell’s Canyon. It certainly felt like hell with the insufferable heat that has forever cursed this land, depriving it from any patch of green and other flora. Well, there was cacti and other species that could survive with little water which were invaluable resources to any survivors that were ways of any settlement. Surprisingly there were different demographics in the area which included Gamorreans, Chiss, humans, and others that were included in the report when surveying the land.

This land also felt like hell because it would seem to Vilaz he was pulling his family and clan through hell. Their futures rested in his decisions. He knew they were resilient and enduring, but there was a time when enough was simply enough.

Maybe he’d had to go through these trials and tribulations to finally come to paradise, to finally redeem Mandalore. Suffer through this for his errors and crimes.

There were fruits of victory he reaped as the New Imperials were seen victorious in many battles against the Sith. Just bones to enjoy with the real feast awaiting at Mandalore when the time came.

The Warlord had recently came back along with his Vanguard from the Battle of Dubrillion where it was a successful operation with the Sith retreating from the world. One step closer to freeing Mandalore and her colonies. He was impressed and happy to see his beloved wife able to have the engineers create something magnificent with the canyon they settled on. He never thought of a ship being cemented in the rock of this canyon and refurbish it as a home. Vilaz was with the children, observing them doing practice drills with the different practical techniques they would use in combat. They were already in their teen years which was when a child became an adult in Mandalorian customs, and they would soon experience battle alongside their father and mother. He was proud of their progress, although they’d have to refine it more for efficiency.

“Is it me or did it just get hotter in here,” Vilaz said with a smirk to his wife as Bree walked in the room where he and their children were. Standing up he walked towards her and roped an arm around her waist and gave a quick kiss to his beloved. “You did an amazing job settling our people while I was away, cyar’ika. I wish I wasn’t away, so I could help you with the process.” Bree had done a lot for their family and clan, always grateful to have her as his soulmate. Sometimes he felt he wasn’t doing enough or making rash decisions that affected her, too. He was twice the man he was with her at his side...a life without her wouldn’t be fulfilling.

Briika Munin

One of the ship's cargo holds had been turned into a training room and that is where Briika found her family. The large hatch doors opened and closed as the petite blonde walked in to find Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin mentoring Kaiyra and Adenn. She loved to see them all interacting together. With the Concordian gone a lot with his Vanguard, he had to make sure his time spent with the children was quality. This was never really an issue for the Warlord as he always made the kids now teenagers a high priority when home, well next to her needs, wants, and desires, that is.

"I'll show you how hot it can get later, old man, that is if you can handle it," Bree whispered to her husband with a mischievous note in her voice after the short yet fiery kiss planted onto her lips. "Oya manda! I only did what needed to be done for you and the clan. I'm glad you approve, cyar'ika. That means a lot to me," she smiled warmly at her husband, blue orbs getting lost for a moment in his blue pools.

"Ewww... Seriously, get a room you two," Kaiyra quipped at the display of her father's affection for her mother and their intimate sweet nothings shared, though secretly it was nice to see the two long-time sweethearts were still very much in love.

The eldest of the Munin children would soon be of the age to date and she hoped to find that same type of love and a Mando'ad worthy of her respect someday. Though to be honest, Kaiyra's worst fear was that Vilaz might make his daughter wear some sort of chastity belt as part of her beskar'gam until she was like 40! He could be overprotective at times of his womenfolk.

"Yeah, gross," Adenn chipped in, then the young teenager took an opportune swing with his beskad at his sister, catching the blonde off guard as she was momentarily distracted by their parental units sucking face.

"Careful... Don't kill each other. Save it for the enemy. So, what shall we do today, hmm? What about a ride to the mining facility... Girls versus boys?"

Last edited:
His eyebrows were raised shortly and gave a mischievous smile to Bree at her whisper in his ears right after their kiss, knowing quite well what that meant. Were they alone at this exact moment he would’ve shared a mischievous comment to his wife. He would keep it to himself until a later, appropriate time in the day. The Warlord did, however, enjoy the short moment the two lovers shared as their eyes bridged and entranced with each other, Vilaz knowing exactly what Bree’s eyes said to him. The man never lost that special, intimate love birthed from his heart unto Bree. Not once. If anything, their marriage was like vintage wine; always sweeter with each passing year.

Their moment was shortened when their children spoke, feeling grossed about the affection their parents showed to each other. Typical and obvious behavior, they were only children after all. Soon they would understand what it meant to harbor feelings for another, although Vilaz would always have a say whomever his daughter would be attracted to.

“Never lower your guard or be distracted, Kaiyra. Especially against your brother, he won’t hesitate,” the Munin said to his daughter, yet not reprimanding his son for the cheap blow against his sister. He had taught both of them that war was a game of survival and that there were no rules to it. Never show mercy to the enemy, for they will not return the favor.

“We can do that, cyar’ika. I was also thinking...well, taking Adenn and Kaiyra with us to scout on the frontier of our lands. I’ve heard there are different kinds of people living amongst the desert,” it was a thought that Bree would have to approve. They were not ready to venture out alone against the dangers of life, but with their experienced parents at their side their lives would never be at jeopardy. Should Bree deny that, he would respect her wishes and not protest against it. Whatever decision she was against, he would normally not continue with that plan.

”Yeah! Can I ride my swoop bike, buir?” the young Adenn eagerly asked his father.

“No,” which destroyed any excitement in the young boy. Oh, Vilaz knew quite well with any competition a male did whatever it took to secure victory. Sometimes acting relentless, especially in the younger ones. Discipline of the mind was something trained to each Mandalorian in their clan. “Perhaps you can ride mine when we return home,” and rekindled that spark in the boy’s eyes since he had never rode his father’s swoop bike.

“And no cheating, buir.”

“Hah! All is fair in love and war, ad’ika, although it’s your mother that always cheats,” and gave a teasing wink at his wife, knowing he’d get a quip from her.

Briika Munin

"Elek, buir," Kaiyra nodded affirmatively to Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin with an understanding of her father's critique written all over her face, then the youthful blonde, a miniature of Briika, narrowed her steely blue eyes on Adenn and smirked in a low voice at her brother. "A Mandalorian never forgets and paybacks are a... Well, just don't let your guard down either, ner vod."

"Pfft.... Like you have a brain to remember that," he retorted under his breath before putting away his weapon as the training session was over.

Talk of going on an adventure with their parents piqued both the Munin children's attention quickly and with some lively banter added between the four. Course, Bree always got the last word in.

"I don't cheat. I do whatever it takes to come away victorious... Now come or I'll leave you all behind in the dust," Briika quipped rather profoundly with a glint in her azure orbs, then she turned on her booted heel and walked with a purposeful stride out the door.

“Hah, I’m sure I’ll come out victorious, cyar’ika. Just like when I won over your heart,” the Munin patriarch said endearingly to his wife as he caught up with her, looking at Bree with a closed smile and his eyes bridging with hers. In their culture being a great warrior would sure catch the hearts and be admired by many. Vilaz was one of those warriors back then and even today as he breathed, and so was his wife. He had never loved another woman before Bree, being indifferent about the idea of love and sought only his own ambitions and glory. Of course, that all changed when she volunteered for his mission as the newly appointed Akaan. He grew fond of her, immediately having feelings for Bree and admitting them to her was his greatest battle.

They were both victors as he claimed her heart his, and she claimed his as hers.

The family had come to the hangar of their homestead which hosted speeders and swoop bikes at their disposal. A tunnel crafted and engineered by their ingenious engineers led out to the vast, untamed wilderness of the Blightlands. A few kilometers away was their mines which would only take a few minutes to arrive at optimal speed via bikes.

“Come on, Adenn, can’t let the girls win. After all, I showed your mother how to ride,” and gave a sly smirk to his wife as he settled himself on his swoop bike with his son holding him. “Y’all will be right behind me, right?” again, teasing to his wife and daughter as he started his bike with its motor roaring with life.

“Let’s ride, son.”

The swoop bike accelerated at his command and the two Munin males dashed off into the tunnels, assuming with Bree and Kaiyra right behind them.

“Mom ain’t gonna get mad if we win?”

“At you? No, but...well, you’ll understand when you’re older.”

“Understand what?”

“Oh, you’ll see.”

Across the desert they raced, the dust flying as they trekked the land in a fury as they made it to the mining compound of their clan.

“Looks like we win, payback after beating me in that race on Concord Dawn, cyar’ika.Of course, it was the race they had when investigating a crashed ship in their lands before removing themselves from the Sith Empire and joining the ranks of the Sons of Mandalore.

“Take a quick peep before scouting the area, sounds good?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom