Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omen Beamlance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
b0038522_01081925.jpg

Image Source: A toy Shotlance from Gundam
Intent: Ornamental weapon for the FU honor guards of the UCR
Development Thread: ~
Manufacturer: The Crystal Heart Workshop w/ Ri'essi Union Manufacturing
Model: Omen Beamlance
Affiliation: The Omen Enclave
Modularity: None
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Alchemical Bronzium Desh Alloy
Classification: Lance / Particle Blaster
Size: Two-Handed
Length: Apx. 1.8 meters
Weight: 16 kilograms
Ammunition Type: Power Cell + Gas Canister
Ammunition Capacity: 8 Quad shots per Cell
Effective Range: 30 meters
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic
Special Features:
  • With force, alchemical tip can puncture through heavy armor
  • Small repulsor generator in tip, activating on impact
  • Lightsaber-resistant
  • Built-in 2.0x HUD sight
Description:
The Omen Beamlance, also commonly referred to as the Ri'essi Beamlance, is the service weapon of all Omen orderkeepers chosen for duty on the honor guard. There are thus only a handful in creation, each preciously kept and difficult to replace. The creation of such weapons were outsourced to the custom alchemical artificer, the Crystal Heart Workshop, and delivered as a donation to the faction that helped start it all. The lances, though unconventional, served as a symbol of the power and zeal of the Ri'essi Union.

Each lance is made from a hollow, alchemized bronzium-desh alloy, designed to compensate for the heavy weight of alchemical treatment with lightweight but resistant alloys. At the tip of each lance is a small repulsor generator that activates a split second after impact or penetration, pushing away with enough force to throw a human male off of his feet. At the base of the lance head are four snub-nose particle beam blasters, simultaneously fired by a trigger connected to the handle of the lance. This trigger grip also includes a small scope with heads-up display.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Sorry I took so long, I figured out what I needed a while ago but fell asleep.

Because the weapon is alchemized to be lightsaber resistant you will need a short dev thread, this is just how it works for anything lightsaber resistant. Also I would like to see the Quad shots lowered from 12 to 8 if you don't mind.

And lastly for your benefit, since actual lances really weighed around 4-6kg, I actually think you could make this weapon lighter even with alchemical treatment. Maybe 10-14 kg instead of 16.

Sound good?

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
[member="Camellia Swift"]
I can do that. I'm not feeling lowering the weight though, lol. It's over six feet long. That's by no means small. Real lances are also comprised primarily of wood, not full-metal. That's a huge weight gap, even hollow-chambered. For comparison, a Barrett .50 cal anti-materiel rifle weighs about 32 pounds, or roughly 15 kilograms.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Actually, I wanted to ask you something. This is the first time I've been asked do a dev thread for a basic alchemy item. Granted, in this case I can understand since it includes both a gadget and a firearm, but usually I've only had to do threads for things like Sith Swords, nexuses, imbued spells, etc. depending on my skill and the level of the enhancement.

So with that said, my question is this. What makes a basic alchemy weapon any different from a lightsaber - especially considering the disadvantages compared to a saber (e.g.; weight, no on/off, inability to cut through anything, etc)? Yes - it's "lightsaber-resistant" but so is a lightsaber, and it's not like this is a whole set of armor.

Or was that just in this case because it's got other functions?

[member="Nyxie"]

In this case I did it because it has other functions, however I don't know the extent to which on average most people would request a dev thread for some items.

If you were to ask my opinion I think it would be nice if lightsaber users dev thread finding their blade or making it. Since it is part of their training process anyway, so it fills a role fulfillment for them as rpers to do so. Not my call though.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I just need a bit of time. As fate would have it, I seem to be almost indefinitely working on a development thread for something at any given time, so this has ended up overlapping others. NaNoWriMo is also going to slow things down considerably for me, as well as early holiday prepping. You can archive it if you'd prefer but I can have something done in a minimum of one week's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom