Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omega Pyre Heavy War Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Please click here to access picture
Name: "Titan" powered battle mech
Intent: Anti-tank vehicle for Omega Pyre's ground assaults.
Role: Anti-tank armored AI-controlled vehicle
Armor: 3.5" durasteel, adaptive armor (anti-EMP) layer on top (imagine Teflon)
Height: Approx. 10 m. tall
Length: 4 m. (7 m. counting gun)
Width: 5 m.
Weight: about 2 tonnes
Weapon: 1 (mounted) proton cannon
Propulsion: 2 mechanized legs, operated by AI, or remote-control by 1 operator.
Top Speed: 6 km./h
Cargo Capacity: 2 care packages, if needed. Can (if absolutely necessary) carry infantry clinging to any and all handles (very difficult, not recommended)
Pros:
  • Can fire over buildings and natural obstructions due to its height
  • High firepower
  • Can be used to lethal effect in groups
  • Adapative Armor renders the Titan immune to EMP attacks
Cons:
  • Just as it can fire over obstructions due to its height, enemies behind obstructions can also fire back at it.
  • Slower than most other ground units.
  • No anti-air ability.
  • Suffers against infantry and anti-armor base defenses

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I have two major concerns with this. One is that it doesn't feel like its framed in a star wars setting. 1 heavy howitzer-style cannon. Well that doesn't exist (to my knowledge) in Star Wars. Mass Driver I think is the term you'd want to use and frankly I might suggest something more akin to a Proton Cannon. Just something to frame it in the Star Wars universe.

My other issue is speed, and it isn't that its too fast but rather so slow. The average soldier on the March walks 2.5 miles per hour. Which my online calculator just told me is 4 km/h. Why have handholds for infantry to cling onto when they walk faster than things top speed? I just don't think you realized how slow 4 km/h is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom