Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omega Pyre Artillery War Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
CNCTW_Juggernaut_HQ_Render.png

Name: "Juggernaut" powered battle mech
Intent: Anti-structure vehicle for Omega Pyre's ground assaults.
Role: Anti-structure armored 2 person-controlled vehicle
Development thread: If necessary
Armor: 4.5" durasteel
Height: Approx. 10 m. tall
Length: 5 m. (9 m. counting guns)
Width: 7 m.
Weight: about 15 tonnes (incl. ammo)
Weapon: 3 (mounted with recoil) high-velocity side-loading proton cannons
Maximum range: 24 km (based on modern artillery specs)
Propulsion: 2 mechanized legs, operated by 1 pilot and 1 gunner.
Top Speed: 15 km/h (walking) 23 km/h (loping)
Description: The "Juggernaut" was blueprinted when it was realized that Omega Pyre did not have any good artillery units capable of destroying structures at long range. While large walkers were created to shell structures from close range, the dangers of possible high-explosive packages made this unsafe. So, a high-velocity cannon was created, yet the dangers of airborne enemies to an artillery piece was stressed. The cannons were then added to a mobile platform to ease transfer to a combat zone or to provide time for reinforcements to arrive to protect a loner vehicle.
Pros:
  • Can deploy to be used as large stable artillery platform
  • Very high firepower
  • Can be used to lethal effect from optimum distance
  • If deployed wisely, does not suffer from defensive positions on ground
  • Excellent vs. buildings
  • Okay against vehicles
Cons:
  • Major air target due to size
  • Somewhat slow to load (4 shots/minute per cannon)
  • Slower than most other ground units.
  • No anti-air ability.
  • Suffers against infantry and air units

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
  • The AT-ST is half the height and very spindly but weighs 13 tons. Please take canon precedents into account with future submissions.
  • Canonically, proton cannons are single-shot breech-loaders, which take a long time to reload. That's consistent with this design, but worth a mention in the Cons category, because it's probably your design's biggest weakness.
  • Why are the legs operated by two people?
  • Is this image especially recognizable from some other product identity with which I am, at present, unfamiliar?
  • This submission needs at least a paragraph or two of description, including rationale and backstory.
  • 5 km/h is impossibly slow. An AT-AT can travel 45 km/h.

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that this is a direct clone, in terms of both name and image, from Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun. Although exceptions have occurred in the past, generally, we do not approve submissions which directly clone existing product identities so exactly.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Ah. Yes, I realize that it is a clone, but I'm trying to stay close to actual physics. The SWIII cannons were automatic side-loading, so that's what I'll do. I'll fix, pronto.

(BTW, it is from C&C Tiberium Wars, for all Command and Conquer noobs out there)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Thanks for that. There are still a couple of issues.

This thing cannot be four times the size of an AT-ST and weigh only two tons more.

13 km/h is still ridiculously slow.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
If you reduce the height, fitting two people into that pod becomes unworkable, and even at 10m tall, the weight is still disproportionately small. Furthermore, the canon name 'Juggernaut' still appears in several places in your tech submission, when I had understood that you would be editing this away from such direct similarity to the existing 'Juggernaut.' I respect your effort, but the changes you've made have been minimal, and insufficient to bring this into line with current Factory policy. This submission is denied; you have the right to appeal this decision, but the next RPJ who takes the case will expect more substantial edits than you have been willing to make thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom